Ghostbusters 2 special effects artist William Forsche has recorded hours and hours worth of behind the scenes footage during his work on the set. He recently posted several new videos to his YouTube page which show some great scenes. While there are too many to post, we wanted to put together an index with links to each one.

-Behind the Scenes Slimer Footage: Part 1, Part2
These videos show great behind the scenes footage with the Slimer puppet from Ghostbusters 2, including footage of Ivan Reitman directing deleted footage of Louis Tully and Bill Murray being candid with Robin Shelby. The second part of the second video shows Robin Shelby testing the Slimer costume.

-Scoleri Brothers, Set Construction, Vigo Make Up Tests, & Nanny Ghost Puppet
An awesome video that shows a large number of different things from the Ghostbusters 2 production. We start with footage of the Scoleri brothers animation and the effects artist. There are a few shots of the subway set miniature being constructed followed by some courtroom animation. After that there are some Slimer animation tests and facial expression tests. Then actor Wilhelm von Homburg is undergoing a make up application, followed by the Nanny Ghost miniature puppet animation.

-Wilhelm von Homburg Acting as Vigo
An awesome background video showing actor Wilhelm von Homburg doing his acting for the shots where he talks to Janosz. It becomes readily apparent why they replaced his voice with actor Max von Sydow in post production.

William Forsche has told us that he would love to have all his behind the scenes videos compiled and put onto a release of Ghostbusters 2 on Blu-ray. What do you think?
William should put out a DVD of his own with all of his Ghostbusters II behind-the-scenes footage on it and sell it on his website, like he's doing with his A Nightmare On Elm Street 4 behind-the-scenes footage. He shouldn't wait for Sony to put Ghostbusters II on Blu-ray because it's never going to happen. They had the perfect opportunity to do it two years ago, and they didn't. Sony obviously has no interest in doing it. I do have an idea of who might, but I'll discuss that in another post.
Peter Venkman Jr. liked this
That was really cool.
spookcentral wrote:William should put out a DVD of his own with all of his Ghostbusters II behind-the-scenes footage on it and sell it on his website, like he's doing with his A Nightmare On Elm Street 4 behind-the-scenes footage. He shouldn't wait for Sony to put Ghostbusters II on Blu-ray because it's never going to happen. They had the perfect opportunity to do it two years ago, and they didn't. Sony obviously has no interest in doing it. I do have an idea of who might, but I'll discuss that in another post.
I figured something was fishy when there wasn't a Ghostbusters II Collectors Series DVD like the first movie's back in 1999. Looking forward to that post.
Shame to see all that time and effort wasted on a scene that never saw the light of day (Louis trying to capture Slimer). I'd seriously kill for a GB2 director's/extended cut. Bill Murray says how he was disappointed with the film and that he feels he was mislead, so I'm curious what the GB2 they sold him in order to get him to sign on was, and if there's a way to put that version of the film together, or if a lot of that stuff was not filmed/rewritten/etc.
All this great stuff and no ultimate editions? Come on Sony! GB3 must be keeping this stuff in limbo, unless this is just self recorded and Sony doesn't have it. Bummer.
spiff wrote:GB3 must be keeping this stuff in limbo
Not really, it wasn't a concern when they released the less-than-spectacular Ghostbusters II DVD, and whilst a lot of the stuff that's come out of late is from private non-Sony collections, they have their own materials that could be used to make an awesome DVD/Bluray. They just can't be bothered to release it.
Well, now I'm sure there's lots more to be found, but it seems Sony doesn't want to reward its Ghostbusters fans anytime soon. I've always hated their way to treat us with less than spectacular editions, be it DVD or Blu-ray (noooo, I don't think the GB Blu-ray was awesome).

Fans should have hours to spend in documentaries, much like huge releases of classics. Heck, if The Evil Dead can be found to have lots of behind-the-scenes footage, there HAS to be from Ghostbusters...

I just wonder if Sony just didn't release the first film to shut us up for a while... I'm really wondering.
Soulburner wrote:All this is giving me real hope that one day we'll get to see possessed Ray driving.
i hope so!!!!

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]