By ganthorion
Going from a Rothco to a Tru-spec, it's definitely much more comfier (and definitely breathes better), but I don't know how it'll be in the summer as the Rothco was awful to wear (especially with my grey/blue suit, I was cooking the day I wore it to GenghisCon). I've got a Nomex that is sadly too small for me (being a rather large individual), but the fabric does feel slightly thicker so it might be a better to wear during the colder months.

Nassik, if you'll be at Supanova one of the two days then let us know and we'll meet up there and you can check out all our stuff on the day :D
By Nassik
Unfortunately, I won't be attending Supanova this year. But I look forward to seeing pictures of the event.

From what I've read in this thread, it appears that the WA logo was settled on and that even the pricing of getting patches done was looked into. If all of that is correct, what's next to do... settling on a patch maker and paying for the run (including the digitization fee)?
By ganthorion
Nassik wrote:Unfortunately, I won't be attending Supanova this year. But I look forward to seeing pictures of the event.
Damn that sucks. Well hopefully we'll catch up some time in the near future :D
Nassik wrote:From what I've read in this thread, it appears that the WA logo was settled on and that even the pricing of getting patches done was looked into. If all of that is correct, what's next to do... settling on a patch maker and paying for the run (including the digitization fee)?
*whistles innocently*
By sorak
Con spoilers.
If you come to the convention you can see what we have come up with. Mass photos will follow... But how about you being the person taking the photos. ;)
to all who are going to supa nova this weekend -Saturday- see you all there. :D
By Chace
This thread is totally none of my business...but I wanted to say great work on the logo, and a thanks for considering Georgia's as one of the "good" logos!

By sorak
Chace wrote:This thread is totally none of my business...but I wanted to say great work on the logo, and a thanks for considering Georgia's as one of the "good" logos!

All people are welcome to join in and comment. Heck we comment on your stuff too afterall. ;)
Also don't worry, we are not trying to gain brownie points by singling Georgia out. :walterpeck:
By sorak
Charlie Richter wrote:Are you only going Saturday?
I'm going both days, but depending on how much my suit smells after the Saturday will I decide if I'll wear it on the Sunday. I'm keen on ghostbuster hygiene. ;)
By sorak
Charlie Richter wrote:You know, the Georgia state shape looks like a upside down WA state shape....
Hymmm, more mirror flipped. ;)
By sorak
results.... here you go. :cool:
had a great time at day 1, here's ganthorian, charlie richter, and myself (sorak) at our lunch break of the con.
we got a great reception from the people at the con, we had a point where it took us an hour (1:30-2:30) to walk about 10 meters.... THAT MANY PHOTOS!! If we can get hold of a quarter of them we will be happy.
By Nassik
Very cool all around. I saw a photo from the 501st Legion with one of you guys in the background.

Awesome to see the WA patch in action. I didn't see any mention of it and had no idea that they had been made (at least a few of them, at any rate). I see that not everyone was sporting it.
By sorak
Nassik wrote:Very cool all around. I saw a photo from the 501st Legion with one of you guys in the background.

Awesome to see the WA patch in action. I didn't see any mention of it and had no idea that they had been made (at least a few of them, at any rate). I see that not everyone was sporting it.
If you come across any photos of us, can you please post them up here or forward them onto us. We were unable to get any of our cameras out during the first day. These photos are from our 'adoring fans' on facebook.
This kid was brilliant during the con, every time we saw him we had to cheer him on. :cool:
By Nassik
Here's the one I saw...

I've gone through the existing pictures of the WA 501st Legion. I thought that I saw a different one last night but this is the only one I see today. I must have been mistaken last night.

I am curious about the patch. Why wasn't everyone wearing one? With the cost of the digitization, it would have been a waste to only have a couple of them made. And, of course, I wonder if anyone else can get one of these patches.
By Davros
Hi Nassik,
I was the odd one out, not wearing the WA logo :(
Ganthorian gave me one, and it sits proudly in my display cabinet with other GB stuff, may put it on one day, but just simply like the original is all.
Had GREAT fun at Supanova, cant believe it is over for another year!
By sorak
Charlie Richter wrote:I think patches on both arms look dodge.
I agree.
that's why I like the patch that we have now. If I wanted a secondary patch on the other side, I would have designed something more regional based that doesn't involve the no ghost icon. In which case I would have it sit under the main patch.

I set up a proper photo gallery now of all the photos from the convention, so if you would like to have a look at the photos we have gotten back, they are all here for viewing. :cool:
photos from Supa Nova 2011
By Nassik
I like the idea of wearing both patches but not with the pocket on the left sleeve. Fortunately, the WA franchise logo is strikingly similar to the GB1 logo and so there's no need to wear the standard GB1 patch. As similar as the logos are, it would look rather redundant.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]