Hello Hello! :D

So here is my attempt at building a proton gun. I want to include a volume control on the gun, vibration feature, thumb lever barrel extension and rotating forward handle.
Thanks go to Colin (irricanian) for the gun kit, Vincenzo330 & the So-Cal ghostbusters for the reference pictures, mburkit for recommending the CANUK153 - 7 Watt Mono Audio Amplifier, AJ Quick for making the hat lights available, and Exoray for locating the hat lights.

To accomplish the volume control I used a MMM resin Clippard valve, CANUK153 - 7 Watt Mono Audio Amplifier, and a car stereo removal key.

First I Unsoldered the potentiometer from the amplifier and soldered 3 wires to both the amp board and the potentiometer. At this point I am unsure of how long I will need the wires so I kept it short at both ends.
I then unscrewed the top of the Clippard valve and drilled a hole through the center large enough to accommodate the little metal shaft but not destroy the existing thread of the valve top. I dry fitted the potentiometer against the bottom of the valve and traced the outline. I used a dremel to hollow out just deep enough so that it would sit flush with the valve bottom.

I cut a slot in the threaded top of the valve and inserted the cut removal key before clamping the bottom flat in a bench vice. I grinded down the flattened part until it was small enough to fit through the opening and the threaded part fit in properly.

I am new at using a dremel / putty and Bondo so it is a learning experience as I go along. I am using a MMM gun kit for this build.
So far I have relocated the rear handle slightly and redid the vent slots / light bar frame. I am currently dremeling out the interior for dry fitting the electronics / moving parts.

The vibration is courtesy of a toy my son outgrew, it would laugh and shake for seven seconds when you pressed it's ear. The motor has a nice sized counterweight and the toy is powered by 3 AA batteries.

I tested how much power was being used by the motor (3v) removed the speaker / circut board then hooked it up to the two AA batteries. A DPDT momentary switch will be used for when the gun is fired. I also am attaching a potentiometer with an off / on so I can turn off the vibration if I don't wish to use it. I just have to position it so another knob on the gun controls this on / off vibration feature.

Here is a demo video just to show how much this thing shakes, it would shake more and not have that chattering noise when it is actually attached properly. For now it is just taped in place for demo purposes.

Thank you for checking out my build! I will update this thread as I make progress :)
Canthor wrote:and Exoray for locating the hat lights.
Just want to make this one clearer. Exoray had absolutely nothing to do with the hat lights we discovered and sold in the shop. It was a group effort made by a few individuals, though Exoray was not part of it.
AJ Quick wrote:Just want to make this one clearer. Exoray had absolutely nothing to do with the hat lights we discovered and sold in the shop. It was a group effort made by a few individuals, though Exoray was not part of it.
Sorry. :oops: I tried to edit my origional post just now to remove it but didn't have permission.

Thank you AJ and everyone else that contributed to the hat lights.
Awesome! I love when people take the different bits on the pack and make them truly functional instead of just adding hidden switches. Cool volume mod.

I can't see the vibration doing any favors for the pack, though....

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]