Diamond Select Toys has their Ghostbusters display up at San Diego Comic Con 2011 and it includes two new Ghostbusters items to be available in the next year. The best news is of the Real Ghostbusters Minimates Series 3, which features the guys as the ghosts from the Real Ghostbusters episode "Citizen Ghost". Also new is an evil looking light up Terror Dog that will be available next February.

Diamond Select Toys Release Schedule

-Real Ghostbusters Minimates Series 1. Available Now for $17.99!
-Real Ghostbusters Minimates Series 2. Ships October 2011 for $17.99.
-Light up Statue of Liberty. Available October 2011 for $70.
-Light Up Terror Dog. Available February 2012 for $70.
-Real Ghostbusters Minimates Series 3. Available at Ghostbusters Fans in June 2012 for $17.99.

We will have higher resolution photos available later tonight.

Looking to purchase the Real Ghostbusters Minimates Series 1 & 2? Real Ghostbusters Minimates Series 1 is in stock now at the Ghostbusters Fans Shop, with Real Ghostbusters Minimates Series 2 available in October!
I want that Terror Dog! Heck, if it lights up, I want two. Best night light EVER.
joeghostbuster wrote:the terror dog looks weird in that photo so I'm hoping for some better shots of it in the near future
It has a REALLY weird stance.

It kinda looks more like a bear standing up than a Terror dog on its perch.
I can't believe they want $70 bucks for the Terror Dog. (Statue of Liberty too) It's only going to be what... 6-7" tall? Didn't the old NECA Terror Dogs have glowing eyes.. and those were originally $20?

Picing just seems to be all over the place. Stay Puft is 20" tall and $70 bucks... And it doesn't do anything. But you could get a working PKE meter for $60...

Does not compute...
ThePinkGhostbuster wrote:I can't believe they want $70 bucks for the Terror Dog. (Statue of Liberty too) It's only going to be what... 6-7" tall? Didn't the old NECA Terror Dogs have glowing eyes.. and those were originally $20?

Picing just seems to be all over the place. Stay Puft is 20" tall and $70 bucks... And it doesn't do anything. But you could get a working PKE meter for $60...

Does not compute...
AGREED!!!
I talked to Steve Johnson at the Indy HorrorHound and he said it was the worst depiction of Slimer that he had ever seen. He made the comment that if they would pay the artist better and give him more time than a day to produce something that you would always get a better product.
The Stiff wrote:I was excited for the Terror Dog at first, but this picture makes it look like the body length is way off.

Maybe we'll see some better angled pictures later, and the body will look longer!
I agree the body proportions look off. That and he looks like he is sitting on the toilet, trying to pass a bowling ball. I probably need to see this in person before dropping 70 bucks on it.
joeghostbuster wrote:they could benefit with having a more translucent plastic for their faces/hands, but I'm sure these are just mockups for the show and not the final version.
They do look like mock ups, with that paint in particular. I'd like to see some transparency too and I imagine they would be. Slimer was pretty "solid" in the cartoon so I get why he's not transparent in the RGB version. However the Citizen Ghosts were represented and pretty ethereal in the cartoon if I remember correctly.
I think thats supposed to be loose wrinkles skin on his chest. Those pics of him look better, but they haven't matched the quality of the stay puft sculpt on anything else they are doing.

Speaking of Stay Puft, I also just noticed a Hallmark 2012 teaser pic of a Stay Puft ornament. Maybe we'll see more from them in the future as well?

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]