aburns84 wrote:I never bought the gb2 model. I always was a fan of die cast. When they originally released this model was it one of the easy kits where you snap and no paint or is this the kind you glue and paint?
Perhaps you're confusing it with the Snap-Together Ecto-1 put out Polar Lights?
spiff wrote:
The shot of the car actually seems to be the same one from the original ecto 1A box, but with the GB1 logo, which is interesting for sure. It has a new green background though. It'd be cool if the kit had the extra bits and decals to make it a 1,1A or 1B.

What would be the difference between the Ecto-1 and Ecto-1B and the Ecto-1A and Ecto-1B? Isn't the Ecto-1B just the Ecto-1A with a Ecto-1B licence plate?
Cyland Props wrote:
spiff wrote:
The shot of the car actually seems to be the same one from the original ecto 1A box, but with the GB1 logo, which is interesting for sure. It has a new green background though. It'd be cool if the kit had the extra bits and decals to make it a 1,1A or 1B.

What would be the difference between the Ecto-1 and Ecto-1B and the Ecto-1A and Ecto-1B? Isn't the Ecto-1B just the Ecto-1A with a Ecto-1B licence plate?
I'm sure you know the differences between the 1 and the 1A (If not look here)

However the Ecto 1B is the Ecto used in Ghostbusters: The Video Game. It resembled the 1A in many ways but used the original No Ghosts logo instead of the GB2 logo. Also the roof rack included the "Super Slammer" ghost trapper, and a few other minor changes.

Edit: Odd that it's not mentioned at all in the Ecto Reference section.

Edit: Edit: http://www.gbfans.com/games/ghostbuster ... t/ecto-1b/
tito wrote:
aburns84 wrote:I never bought the gb2 model. I always was a fan of die cast. When they originally released this model was it one of the easy kits where you snap and no paint or is this the kind you glue and paint?
Perhaps you're confusing it with the Snap-Together Ecto-1 put out Polar Lights?
And as I previously mentioned, Polar Lights is also a Round 2 imprint now.

It isn't very likely that Round 2 will retool the ECTO-1A to be snapfit, but not 100% impossible--they did just that on some of the Star Trek repops (specifically the "Cadet Series" 1/2500 line, which were originally glue-together)
Man...for the love of crunch bars please don't say that..nothing can lessen the quality of a good model than give a 5 year old the ability to put it together ....that's what makes a model.. the degriee of difficulty is what makes it rewarding at the end..
I don't think there will be any retooling. When they re-released the Enterprise-D, they could be bothered to do anything other than cast it in clear plastic for lighting purposes; every single inaccuracy was left in.

On the other hand, they did give the Klingon BOP adjustable wings and optional landing gear.

Yeah, I just completely undermined my own post. :sigh:
tito wrote:I'm sure you know the differences between the 1 and the 1A (If not look here)

However the Ecto 1B is the Ecto used in Ghostbusters: The Video Game. It resembled the 1A in many ways but used the original No Ghosts logo instead of the GB2 logo. Also the roof rack included the "Super Slammer" ghost trapper, and a few other minor changes.

Edit: Odd that it's not mentioned at all in the Ecto Reference section.

Edit: Edit: http://www.gbfans.com/games/ghostbuster ... t/ecto-1b/
Oh it's from the video game? Good luck on that.
RoboTrap wrote:I don't think there will be any retooling. When they re-released the Enterprise-D, they could be bothered to do anything other than cast it in clear plastic for lighting purposes; every single inaccuracy was left in.

On the other hand, they did give the Klingon BOP adjustable wings and optional landing gear.

Yeah, I just completely undermined my own post. :sigh:
I always loved the original Enterprise D kit, it was based on the large filming model that was retired early on and all the other filming models varied as well.

Not to mention the Vulcan shuttle which was slightly retooled with new landing skids for the shuttle to warp sled and new correct detail to the warp engines and a killer decal sheet/s . The Romulan Bird Of Prey was also changed slightly but, hey I never got an original kit and this one rocks.

Don't forget the " Interplanetary U.F.O." kit that was an awsome release.
Cyland Props wrote:I always loved the original Enterprise D kit, it was based on the large filming model that was retired early on and all the other filming models varied as well.
I just don't understand how, with Probert on hand for reference, they managed to miss an entire bank of windows by the (misshapen) captain's yacht, misalign the shuttlebay doors and related windows by several decks, completely screw up the nacelle pylon angles and drop the running light shrouds, have all of the scribed paneling be off-center, and have surface details that were a paint app on a six-foot shooting model as raised lines on a 1.5 foot model.

Plus, in the effort to save a nickel per model, they either cast the clear nacelle parts in multiple pieces, or placed the injection point where it couldn't be filed/sanded away. And the dish housing was asymmetrical. Clear parts suck enough as is, why would they cast an opaque part in clear plastic?

Sorry for the mini-rant, but I spent months trying to get the old Ent-D kit to look anything like the original miniature before I gave up. So much of the kit had to be rebuilt, rescribed or replaced that I determined that I might as well scratch-build the entire thing, with the kit as 3-dimensional reference, in a more acceptable scale.
Brian Slauson wrote:Man...for the love of crunch bars please don't say that..nothing can lessen the quality of a good model than give a 5 year old the ability to put it together ....that's what makes a model.. the degriee of difficulty is what makes it rewarding at the end..
Yeah couldn't agree more!
Soren wrote:So, let me get this straight:
there's gonna be a diecast ecto-1 model scale 1:18 AND 1:24
there's gonna be a diecast ecto-1a model scale 1:18
There's gonna be a reissue of ecto-1a from amt to build---

so everybody's happy...
except me, who wanted an ecto-1a 1:24 to go along with my back to the future II delorean.
Umpf.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong!
I am not aware of a 1/24 ecto 1
The wierd thing is while the 1B was very similar to the 1A, one major difference was that the tank on the rear of the roof (as seen on 1A) was gone, the lightbar was back there again and of course the lights were again blue....so if it's supposed to be from the game then it's inaccurate....AND if its supposed to be from GBII but only has the GB1 logo its inaccurate!

Though as has been said it would be cool if it came with all logos/plates and both racks so you could make any one of the three cars....REALLLY doubt that though.

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Ecto Containment Unit

Hey sorry I never saw this…it’s just […]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]