On sale now at MattyCollector.com is the Ready to Believe You Peter Venkman figure. Peter Venkman is the last of the Ready to Believe You line and includes the Taxi Cab Ghost from Ghostbusters. In addition to this figure Mattycollector has reintroduced two figures 6” Peter Venkman (with Proton Stream) and 6" Ray Stantz which will be available for the rest of the year. All figures are now $22, up from $20 they were last year.

With a courteous and efficient staff behind them, the Ghostbusters™ stand ready to serve all your supernatural elimination needs! Peter Venkman is the third and final 6" figure in our series from the commercial featured in the first film. He wears his blue lab coat, and comes with his ghost sniffer and spectral camera. Naturally (or is it unnaturally?), Peter is not alone. He'll be driven into your collection by the terrifying "taxi cab ghost," who features full articulation at the arms and neck, and includes a clear stand.
Got mine! No wait at all... I am so excited to have my "ready to believe you" set complete! So, yeah... maybe there are some inaccuracies but it is sure better than I could have done all on my own! (and I really think the taxi ghost looks awesome!)
Sorry dumb question.. Are these still apart of the Club Ecto Subscription?
the only reason I will buy this (unless it magically sells out before next wednesday) is to complete the Ready To Believe You set. I like the video camera and the taxi ghost (though I am going to give him some legs, I dont like the floating zombie torso) as extras but Im just buying it for completion reasons.
So, they raised the price and then the first figure is a total kitbash? Egon's torso, Ray's jacket, Peter's noggin. I am having a hard time justifying the psychological difference of the now-$30 figure for parts I already own.

In fact, I customized one of these months ago from spare figures that I bought off eBay for dirt cheap, even gave him a little Chap Mei movie-camera accessory.

Which means the cabbie ghost is the only thing I need... and for thirty bucks, that's hard to pull the trigger on.

If they'd raised the price on Vigo, I might could have justified it. New sculpt, lenticular accessory, larger size. THAT would have been the best time to up the price.

Alex
I just ordered mine, this is my first RTBY figure so its worth the money for me, esspecaily since I cant afford extra peices for custom guys. (Although I hope to get the right peices for a GB jumpsuit Louis) Any ways im excited for this figure . It has some great eccesories too.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
Thanks for the heads up AJ! I had assumed it was going on sale at noon EST, as usual. Got mine ordered in record time, if they all go this smooth I may not even miss having the club subscription. (of course I will miss the subscription)
after watching pixel dans review of this figure, I am one step closer to selling 90% of my matty gb collection. there's just no joy in it for me anymore. its money I could be using for other things. I will probably keep my four "modded" original uniformed guys and my neca slimer to keep for display on my dvd bookshelf, and sell everything else on ebay.
You watched 1 persons review and now you want to sell your collection.. I don't mean to be rude but what was the point of buying them in the first place? Someone else could have purchased them and now that the prices have gone up a little your selling your collection... what a fan!
lol. it's been a long time coming. I'm 31, I dont find toys appealing anymore. they are setup on my bookshelf and sometimes I look at them and think "wow, these are so cool, despite the occasional error with the line, Im glad we got to see actual movie figures" then other times I see them and think "I feel stupid having these, I feel stupid Ive spent so much money on toys, why dont I sell them and put the money towards a computer upgrade, or a new tv, or even towards my never-ending bills" I also have a bunch of Palisades army of darkness figures, some other NECA figures etc I want to get rid of
I was at the hospital having a CAT scan and Xrays at the time they went on sale. Thankfully one of the guys in our group ( Thanks Sam!) was kind enough to buy one for me. This is a case when Club Ecto would have come in handy.
The rest of the year should be interesting in terms of what gets released. Has Dana and the Rookie been confirmed as far as release dates yet?
joeghostbuster wrote:lol. it's been a long time coming. I'm 31, I dont find toys appealing anymore. they are setup on my bookshelf and sometimes I look at them and think "wow, these are so cool, despite the occasional error with the line, Im glad we got to see actual movie figures" then other times I see them and think "I feel stupid having these, I feel stupid Ive spent so much money on toys, why dont I sell them and put the money towards a computer upgrade, or a new tv, or even towards my never-ending bills" I also have a bunch of Palisades army of darkness figures, some other NECA figures etc I want to get rid of
I feel ya on the bills man. Sorry to bust your balls.. hadn't had my coffee yet when I typed that.

Sent from my Motorola MT500 using Ghostbuster Fans on Android :cool:
Got 2 today. Both say just "Ghostbusters" on the boxes. Boxes are an entirely new design... UPC and legal info/logos on backside instead of bottom. Bottom is now a 4-flap interlocking design. Top flap now has a slot/tab to hold the flap shut...no tape anywhere, making "unopened" impossible to determine. Tab is hard to pull out. But the new bottom means no more figure packaging getting snagged on the way down so that's a bonus.
My RTBY Peter did not have GB2 on front.
Whirlygig wrote:Got 2 today. Both say just "Ghostbusters" on the boxes. Boxes are an entirely new design... UPC and legal info/logos on backside instead of bottom. Bottom is now a 4-flap interlocking design. Top flap now has a slot/tab to hold the flap shut...no tape anywhere, making "unopened" impossible to determine. Tab is hard to pull out. But the new bottom means no more figure packaging getting snagged on the way down so that's a bonus.
I noticed the new box right away too. I prefer the flap over tape because it still looks nice n new after you open it. But yes it makes it harder to determine if something is unopened or not.

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]