MattyCollector has announced that the Dana Barrett (as Zuul) figure will be released in July at San Diego Comic Con for $25. No word yet if the figure will be available online after SDCC, but chances are good. For those of you attending SDCC this year, you may be able to purchase a voucher that will allow you to pick up the item at the convention. More details about the vouchers will follow at MattyCollector.com.

“There is no Dana, only Zuul!” Our long-awaited 6” figure of Dana Barrett as Zuul from the first Ghostbusters™ features authentic, film-accurate sculpting right down to her golden gown. And, with two interchangeable lower bodies she can stand or, when she tires of waiting for the coming of Gozer, sit on the included bench display.

Thanks to lannyjack for the heads up!
http://www.ma ... C_products

Ghostbusters™ Dana as Zuul ($25)

“There is no Dana, only Zuul!” Our long-awaited 6” figure of Dana Barrett as Zuul from the first Ghostbusters™ features authentic, film-accurate sculpting right down to her golden gown. And, with two interchangeable lower bodies she can stand or, when she tires of waiting for the coming of Gozer, sit on the included bench display.

Sad to see that the line is finally winding down, but at least she is being released.
I have a feeling the will package her on the mantle and might go for a larger box, i hope to hell not though, i keep a set in boxes and I hate when the sizes go all wonky, I like standardized packaging, lol. Either way, its about damn time Mattel tells us Club Ecto-1 members what our present for signing up is other than getting shafted again by mattel.
If I could get a GB II Egon and Peter in tan suits, courtroom Ray and Egon, Tony Scoleri, and maybe Janoz, then I would be a happy camper. But if they made them, I would probably buy a world of the psychic Peter, and a set of the guys from the beginning library scene. I think at least one GB1 Egon needs a twinkie pack in for fun. I would probably pay good money too for an oscar figure on the alter of Vigo with a demon head vigo lenticular painting to stand behind it. What can I say, Im a sucker for this series
Troy speaks truths... mostly

I don't have any complaints about Mattel itself, they've done great things that I have nothing but admiration for.

Digital River on the other hand, I've spent hours and hours and hours on the phone with their terrible customer service and have never once actually gotten a decent resolution. I'm excited for the things that Mattel puts out but DR pretty much ruins everything they touch :(

Also, the Dana sculpt looks like Julia Louis-Dreyfus :D
Well first, 2 words: quality control (See SDCC StayPuft and the Trap for examples). Secondly rather than get truly new figures, for most of the line we have received reused pieces kit bashed together that many in the community could do themselves, unless you are an in box collector. Dont get me wrong, its wonderful that they have done what they have for the community, i appreciate it, but the appreciation has to come back towards the fans, especially those who were ready and did hand money to Mattel expecting a Club that didn't fly. Im sure Im not the only one feeling this either. As well, if we take a look at purely new sculpt builds, Dana is the first in since Vigo, the rookie is not a new build, its a new head on Peter's gloved hand body a recast of the trap field in orange plastic this time, recasts of the trap and even the PKE and the trap on the belt don't really appear to be new sculpts. We didn't even get the proper pack, yet alone a bullshit job on the painting of the ribbon cable.

I put a lot of money into Mattels hands for the figures as I love the line, but yes some of the shit they have done with it leaves a sour taste in some people's mouths, if you look at the Matty Forums alone, you will see Im not alone. So yes, they have done amazing things for the community in bringing some new products to market but from a collector's perspective I do feel shafted at times.
With this being an exclusive for Comic Con I am sure that is going to become popular fast. I remember in 2010 the Retro Action Spectral Peter Venkman was going for mad money by the time Comic Con had ended. Also I hope that Mattel releases photos of the fourth action figure around or during Comic Con. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a courtroom Ray or Egon since barring Gozer, Janine, the Terror Dogs or another Ghostbuster varient the first movie has been pretty much covered.
I think you guys are missing the point - all along they had been advertising Dana/Zuul as the 3rd figure in the 4 figure 2012 lineup... now suddenly she is an SDCC exclusive, so many of us wont have the chance to even buy her, unless/if/when she ends up on the matty website as they have done with previous SDCC exclusives... so is the line over? or are they going to come up with a replacement for her?
joeghostbuster wrote:I think you guys are missing the point - all along they had been advertising Dana/Zuul as the 3rd figure in the 4 figure 2012 lineup... now suddenly she is an SDCC exclusive, so many of us wont have the chance to even buy her, unless/if/when she ends up on the matty website as they have done with previous SDCC exclusives... so is the line over? or are they going to come up with a replacement for her?
No one said she was exclusive to SDCC.

Where did you read that?
AJ Quick wrote:
joeghostbuster wrote:I think you guys are missing the point - all along they had been advertising Dana/Zuul as the 3rd figure in the 4 figure 2012 lineup... now suddenly she is an SDCC exclusive, so many of us wont have the chance to even buy her, unless/if/when she ends up on the matty website as they have done with previous SDCC exclusives... so is the line over? or are they going to come up with a replacement for her?
No one said she was exclusive to SDCC.

Where did you read that?

right here:

http://www.gbfans.com/
Vincenzo330 wrote:Troy speaks truths... mostly

I don't have any complaints about Mattel itself, they've done great things that I have nothing but admiration for.

Digital River on the other hand, I've spent hours and hours and hours on the phone with their terrible customer service and have never once actually gotten a decent resolution. I'm excited for the things that Mattel puts out but DR pretty much ruins everything they touch :(

Also, the Dana sculpt looks like Julia Louis-Dreyfus :D

UGHHHHHH Digital River.

I have been collecting the He-Man classics since it started and its the worst customer service. Ever.

I have gotten most of the GB stuff from different sellers just to not deal with them.

As long as you are on Matty's site right when they go on sale after SDCC, it shouldn't be a problem. Just be prepared to have some free time to wait to get through their refresh screen.
lannyjack wrote:
joeghostbuster wrote:there's already a thread for this on the main page...

There wasn't when I posted this. Feel free to delete it.
joeghostbuster wrote:maybe they can be merged. i dont know how to do it.
You have to get a Moderator to do it.

Fortunately, there just happened to be one who saw this...

I admit my interest has declined with the news it'll be an SDCC exclusive. Matty, you're running out of time to get more money out of me :eyeroll:
Ecto_1 wrote:Secondly rather than get truly new figures, for most of the line we have received reused pieces kit bashed together that many in the community could do themselves, unless you are an in box collector.
Ecto_1 wrote:If I could get a GB II Egon and Peter in tan suits, courtroom Ray and Egon...
(Scratching head with quizzical look)...
No where. Absolutely no where does it say this will be exclusive to SDCC.

No Ghostbusters figure in the last 3 years has been exclusive to SDCC. (You may argue the Citizen Ghost Venkman was... but he was released online after SDCC. The glowing green was the only thing exclusive about it... as you could only get that at SDCC if you were lucky.)
I sure hope they release this figure for sale online as well, 'cause I've been waiting a long while for it and it would be a huge bummer for me to buy it on eBay.

Matty would be nice to give us some official info on this, but for those of you who went to other SDCCs, do you happen to know if they ever released figures or props first and then put them online a bit later?
I don't think it'll be hard to pick one of these up on the site after SDCC. It doesn't bother me that much that she's the SDCC figure, though I do hope they still have 2 additional figures for us to round out the year. I'm still hopeful that during SDCC they'll announce some additional figures for the rest of this year and 2013. I wouldn't be shocked though if Dana/Zuul turns out to be the last figure in the line.

For those of you who are unimpressed with the GB offerings by Mattel for SDCC, check out the response they're getting from their other lines, like the weird He-Man thing and a lack of DC products. Looks like we're not the only upset fandom this time around.
Okay, i panicked when i first saw the sdcc thing too, but the first figure, egon, was done in the same manner and we got a shot at him. Matty hopefully learned from stay puft and will have plenty for us that can't get to the con.
I just read where ToyGuru said Dana/Zuul counts as one of the four GB figures for this year, even though it's a SDCC figure that will also be sold in limited quantities online. There is still one more for this year that I assume will be announced in San Diego, and fingers crossed for a prop as well.
The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]