For users in: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, & Vermont.
At this moment (September 24, 2012), how many legitimate, organized franchises are there in New England? I know the fan base is a bit fractured and things are changing constantly, and as a neutral new guy, I don't care to get involved in existing issues, but I'm just curious what groups are actually out there.
They call me Duck wrote:That's what I had thought, but I wasn't sure if the Bay State guys were still doing stuff on a regular basis.
We're slowly working on getting more active in the community, but yes, we are still doing stuff.
They call me Duck wrote:At this moment (September 24, 2012), how many legitimate, organized franchises are there in New England? I know the fan base is a bit fractured and things are changing constantly, and as a neutral new guy, I don't care to get involved in existing issues, but I'm just curious what groups are actually out there.
Great question. I also have only heard of the 3 mentioned.
  • Maine (but as mentioned the person who started this one has moved)
    NH
    Bay State
We are going to the Salem Zombie walk, May head down to Salem on Halloween. There is also The Arkham Ghostbusters, but as far as I know its just Freeboot, which he and his girlfriend will be at some of our events, and I may go to some of his.
I am in Califonia and have been kicking with the Bay Area GB's. The Maine team is still going and have quite a few events in the next months. They still have three original members (Justin, Mike and Ryder) after Dwight and I moved. They also just picked up two new guys that are great and the Maine Ecto will be finished in the next few weeks. I hope all the teams back home are doing well and hope we all have a safe (but fun) October.
Cory GB Maine wrote:I am in Califonia and have been kicking with the Bay Area GB's. The Maine team is still going and have quite a few events in the next months. They still have three original members (Justin, Mike and Ryder) after Dwight and I moved. They also just picked up two new guys that are great and the Maine Ecto will be finished in the next few weeks. I hope all the teams back home are doing well and hope we all have a safe (but fun) October.

wait!.... Maine ECTO? what is it?
By Porturtle
I would be interested in hopping on any events in Oct/Nov. Just let me know!

Also I am planning two small events here in town if anyone is local to the Seacoast and wants to lend a hand give me a PM.

All my gear is pretty well setup just waiting on the Mighty for lights/sounds.

Wayne
MRblahface wrote: wait!.... Maine ECTO? what is it?
It is going to look a lot like the Long Island ECTO-V. Base car is the same just not sure if he is leaning more 1 or 1A.
A Vermont group is on the verge of becoming a thing. Ghostbusters Montpelier is in the formative stages, but all members are dedicated and working diligently. We'll be an official franchise Soon™.
Crazy how there are all these little pockets of GB fans with varying degrees of props and costumes and even vehicles around the New England area and yet not really connected with other groups. It's a totally different than the Star Wars 501st group. Not bad, mind you, just different.
WebChief wrote:The old NEGB briefly became the Massachusetts Ghostbusters and only attended one event. The FB page is still active (of which I'm an admin) but we haven't been an active group for well over a year.
Some of us at that event didn't even know we were in a new group, I think.

You're getting close, Duck. You're heading down the right path.
Pat, I'm assuming that it was just an open invite to whomever wanted to go and you just happened to go. I don't think there was ever anything more than that.

Believe it or not, I don't think there was a hidden agenda at the time. Regardless, I wasn't the one who organized the event, nor did I care if it was a group gig or not. It was just a fun time.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]