Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
dalbyspook wrote:Awesome stuff! Can't wait.
Inbetween working on joeghostbusters Rookie Figure and the RGB Traps, I managed to build and paint up a set of RGB "Cartoon" Packs with the Upgrade kit installed on them. I took pictures as I went along to make a short tutorial that I will add to the others. You can thank dalbyspook for this as he requested and funded it.

Here is the picture of the completed Packs with the gauge and extra tanks added.. They will get a top coat or two of clear gloss for some added wear protection.

While they look nice all laid out on the cutting mat, they are awsome when the "Guys" strap them on. They look better in real life than in these pictures.

Now that the NJ weather is starting to calm down, I should soon be able to get back on track with mold making and parts casting.
The packs look great, they sit on the figures really nicely. Can't wait to see them with the trap when it's done. Capt, do you think (once you've completed your many many projects) you might tackle the Mattel RGB packs with the same level of detail?
I'm bringing the Kenner "Hanging Trap" over to this thread as it is more of a 2nd Update to the Packs. For those who haven't seen this, here are some pics from the other thread:

I took some screen caps from 3 different episides I found on youtube. The color placement is the same but the colors differ a bit (especially the trap lines).

I'm adding this to the UpGrade section. I was going to use them for the goggle base on the Rookie figure, but joeghostbuster wished something more like the goggles that Mereel has made. These are true Kenner Ecto Goggles, I did not sculpt them, only freed them from a fright feature Ray.

I'm calling these the "JoeGhostbuster Ecto Goggles" and will include 1 pair free ( because I freed them) with every set of 4 "Hanging Traps" when I put up the for sale list.

loyalGHOSTBUSTER wrote:Will you ever be doing a re-paint of the 1st line up of ray,egon,peter,winston?
If you mean these fine chaps, then yes. When It gets too cold to cast anything, I have a few winter projects and that is one of them. If you take a close look, they are in need of a cosmetic makeover.

egon spengler 01 wrote:savage work....love the work on ecto 1 that you have done
Thanks!

Here's an update on dalbyspook's "Cartoon" Pack set. The "Hanging Traps" are all painted and glued into place

I painted up the free goggles as well. I used modeling clay to stick them on Ray so you could see the end result

I also got the Trap Decals made up. Check out Ray's Pack.

It's a small thing, but it adds quite a bit to the figures. It also beats having to paint the stripes on!

As you can see, I've made a few. Each "Hanging Trap" will come with 2 Decals (a set of 4 will come with 8 Decals, etc. ) just in case of 'accidents".

BTW, who killed my signature?
I just got my packs in today from Cyan and they really are fantastic. I knew they looked good from all the images he's been kind enough to show us, but after getting them all set up and on the guys I was rather giddy. It's been over 15 years since I've last had all of these guys, with packs, standing in a row. Even if I don't paint them and add the upgrade kits, I'm more than happy with these. Captain is a credit to the GB team if ever there was one. If I do decide to do up the packs (color, upgrade kit) I'll try and borrow a digital camera to show off my craptastic slap job that I'd call paint. To anyone on the fence about these, you really should get 'em. You and your set of GB's will be glad to be regeared after all the years.
Hey Capt,

New on the site and was wondering if you are still making the RGB figure proton packs. I'd need a set of 4 (I just found all my old figs and none of the original packs). I'd actually like to give them to my kids to have and love the work you've done! I can't find your sale thread on the topic, so can you please PM me directly?

Thanks so much!
Robert Maxwell Barbieri wrote:great work all around, i'm trying to make my figures more show accurate. but i have those mold spots on the faces too.

i'm trying and having little luck on mixing the SKIN color for the kenner figures.

any suggestions on what correct paint combos will work? or is there a paint color that is already correct?
Hey RMB!

This old post deals with just that sort of thing:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 90&t=20574

I useCitadel Paint for almost all my work, you can find them under Warhammer on the internet. They have changed the names of the colors, so you will have to use the conversion chart on their site.
Hey Cap,
I was just wondering if you are still making and selling the RGB packs for the kenner figures. I know you did at one time but its been a while since I read anything about them. If you could let me know I would really appreciate. I'm working on a project and I need to decide what to do about the packs, try to repair the old ones or try get new ones from you. Thanks

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]