This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By DefenderDarko
I decided I wanted to add something to my Jeep for Halloween season, so I went with a version of the Super Slammer. I had originally planned to do the generic gray trashcan thing, but then I got inspired while going through stuff at Lowes.

I decided to make a mobile/large version of the proton pack for the car. I basically combined the Slammer with some Proton Pack designs...

I sat down and did some sketches to figure out what I wanted and it came out really close to my concepts.

I ended up naming it the MHC: Mobile Hadron Collider. It's nickname is "The Big Twinky"

It is intended for use only when a Ghostbusters team goes up against a Deity-based threat, such as Gozer. In most situations, the basic proton pack isn't strong enough to wipe out a God and crossing the streams is too dangerous to the Busters in question, so they resort to this large Ectomobile-mounted collider that is capable of generating a small black hole in the creature's vicinity. It then switches to a reverse-field generator, which replicates the affects of crossing the streams inside of a dimensional gateway(in this case, a temporary black hole about the size of a truck tire).

I started off with a few Dollar Tree parts and some L-brackets..

It all fit together pretty well. The main structure is just a 5-gallon bucket.

The Ion Arm is PVC board with a brass tube. I used some rubber/steel clamps, and red lume, among a few other odd parts. I also used the red canister from the Super Slammer from the video game. It also reminds me of the animated series Proton Pack charger.

I painted the whole thing silver and then gave it a coat of flat black, like a lot of you guys do with your proton packs. I then sprayed black weathering over everything with some silver to make it look used...

Inside this whole thing is a mess of wires and LEDs. The power light works on the front and I have a bright strobe that flickers inside of the top(you can see it though the small square vents) that I pulled a Dollar Tree pumpkin strobe.

Since it's a temporary addition, I wired the strobes to a small switch in front instead of connecting it to the car's power supply...

I plan to attach it to the rack tomorrow.
Tyrael, Skully, Sutton621 and 3 others liked this
By Skully
Love it ..the weathering is really convincing ,Add as much flack that this componet gets (garbage can comparision) I think you pulledf it off .....LETS SEE THE LIGHTS !
By DefenderDarko
Thanks! I didn't wanna do the 'trashcan on the roof' thing, so I tried to make it look more like a generator tower or something. I'll try to take some pictures of all the lights tonight.

Update!

Today I made the decals for the Collider. They're hi-res images printed on clear slide decal paper.

Applied before weathering....

I redid the main metal switch box and also installed a small white box near the front that replaces the fan box/green box. I decided to create a whelan strobe for the top. All of the lights in the three units work off two batteries inside of the gray box.

Both maintenance boxes open...

I'm going to try to get some better pictures of everything when the sun isn't blasting in my eyes...

SPJ, Tyrael, Glenn Frederick and 1 others liked this
By Not404Error
Dude... that's freaking cool.

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]