Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By mrmichaelt
The solicit for #15 makes Louis' return sound more intriguing, imo:
Louis Tully was an average accountant until the day that Vinz Clortho—Keymaster of Gozer the Traveler—possessed him in service of the end the world. Now the news says New York is at the center of Sumerian shenanigans again, and Louis should want nothing more than to steer clear... but something is drawing him back. Is it morbid curiosity or something more sinister? “Mass Hysteria,” the 30th Anniversary celebration, continues here!
By Kingpin
There's been a lot of talk generated over the quality of Salvador Navarro's artwork in IDW's crossing over of Ghostbusters with The X-Fileshere and on Spook Central's Preview gallery...

At first we thought it was a bit of forgivable tracing and some schoolboy errors with the look of some of the things we know like the back of our hand:
I don't know about you guys, but a lot of the art associated with this issue is rubbing me the wrong way. Between the cover art and the interiors I probably won't be picking this up (which isn't saying much because I'm not really into the story they have set up anyway, ehheh)... It's really clear that the artist was referencing photos of stuff throughout the issue. The way the Lone Gunmen are drawn versus how Janine and the boys are drawn is vastly different. The Long Gunmen have dark shadows on their faces and loads of detail, where the others feel like they're actually in the artist's style and look like comic book characters.

Also...

(Check out Egon standing there holding... nothing...)

and the freakin' name tag on the wrong side makes me cringe. I feel like I'm being nitpicky, but that's some basic "Drawing GB" stuff right there.
But as Groschopf has pointed out, Navarro has actually been a lot lazier than we initially thought:

By Fritz
Kingpin wrote:You guys are going to want to get Tristan's variant cover for Ghostbusters #16:

<Snip awesome cover>
(Insert old injoke about "But I thought Ray was the one driving" here)

Is it going to be a B-cover or a Retailer Incentive? I had to pay like $12 to get the V2#8 RI cover because my main shop didn't order enough to get it. But am I loving the RGB covers lately.
By Kingpin
I decided to dig out my trade paperback copy of Ghostbusters: Legion as the establishing shot of the Firehouse looked familiar... and it is, it's traced directly from the second page of the first issue of Legion (I will upload a comparison picture once I have the X-Files crossover).
mrmichaelt wrote:Come to think of it, that pink ghost that was released does look like it could have come from Legion.
It is.

The head of the pink ghost is traced from the blue Subway ghost on page 14 of issue #1, the pink ghost's chest-mouth, and most of it's body are traced from the ghost at Krazy's in issue #2 of Legion.
By Vee

This is f****g stunning. Just figured out another piece of this plagiarized puzzle. Egon back there is traced for sure, I can't figure out from what, though. His hands are a dead giveaway. He's standing there holding an invisible proton wand (not to mention most of his pack is invisible).
groschopf liked this
By TristanJones
Thanks for the kind words on the cover folks. Remember, it's a subscription cover. All of mine are, so you just have to make sure it's on your standing order and that your shop people know you want it!

Also, I'm a bit dismayed by all this, but here's more fuel for the gunman fire. It jumped out right away, because I love Kurth's ghosts...

Plus this...

...is the ghost.

Also, Venkman here is Spengler in that image, Vee...
By Kingpin
Good eye, Tristan. As indicated on Spook Central/simply by looking at it, that first panel of Janine is taken from when she's fielding the call from the manager of the Sedgewick, and the shot of the Gunmen entering the Firehouse is from Peck's arrival with the Cop and ConEd guy.

My comic guy says he'll have the issue when I pop by the stall on Saturday, although I'm dreading seeing what else Salvador Navarro has nicked from the 88mph comic.
By robbritton
Just read through it becoming more incredulous with every page. If you're going to trace everything perhaps start by having more than one photo of The Wild Gunmen. Laziest comic art I've ever seen, and as a long-term Aliens comics fan, that takes some doing.
By groschopf
Essh. I was willing to look the other way originally. I figured, "if the artist is using reference, eh."

Just got the book. So much got copied from Legion. On the upside, at least 88mph isn't around any more to bust this guy's balls.

Just from memory, Venkman holding the phone is the "you spy 'em, we fry 'em" line.
Ray with his PKE meter saying "nothing here" is Ray holding his cellphone whilst learning that Mike had escaped.
Ray and Winston in the "electro-kinetic discharge!" panel aiming their wands is a from the cover of the second issue.
The gang in the vehicle bay with Ecto taking off their packs is from the first issue. And on and on....

I think we've learned what the conspiracy was about.

Vee liked this
By mrmichaelt
I liked the subscription cover Dan Schoening and Luis Delgado did. Too bad the Elvis one was nixed but this one that came out was a nice homage to X-Files in general. Yeah, crossovers... next week is Issue #12! It's what I've been waiting for this month.

But now that I have time to look back at the Issue #15 cover...
Hoot wrote:LMAO A Mackenzie brothers reference! (White out bottle)
There's a lot of neat SCTV nods in addition to the GB, GB2 and TVG references.
This Post Contains Spoilers
By caleconners83
man, this is bad. groschopf, you hit the nail on the head. The artist HAD to have figured that so blatantly ripping off so many pics would be caught. It's staggering how many pics he downright traced. Good eye to all of you that found the pics.
By zeta otaku
Just got done reading the newest issue, and while I'll leave the full review to those who are far better at it than I would be, another great issue, both the main story and the back-up (loving Ron's new toy... might have to integrate that into my new build! :D ) I will say this though... I definitely see this "solution" biting them in the ass again down the road.
By mrmichaelt
Ah, I loved #12 so much. Fantastic close to the arc.

Happy Horror Days! Part 4
Mass Hysteria Prelude #2
Easter Eggs
By groschopf
mrmichaelt wrote:
Holy crap! I was thinking the same thing!
By mrmichaelt
groschopf wrote:
Indeed it would! Time will tell. Erik seems to be implying this Bogeyman will return.
By robbritton
Additional Easter Egg - Is that the
By groschopf
Yup. Best one, in my opinion. So much gravitas.

And...
By Halloween Undead
This series must be selling well. Whenever I go to my local comic shop to pick up the latest issue the day it is released, I usually have about 5-6 copies to choose from, as far as finding one in good condition. Today, was the second time I've been to the store a day after a new issue's release and there was only one remaining copy left, which often has some visible defect on it. Luckily, there was a cover B in better condition and the artwork is quite nice.

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]