For users in: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin.
I think I might just pop up on Saturday for this.
Martog,
I believe I saw you there, at the MCCC. The "Swat Team" of Ghost Busters recommended that we meet you, but alas my kids were heading in a different direction!

When I get my photos onto Photobucket, I will upload what I got with Ernie Hudson and the Detroit Free Press newspaper. I also have photos of the GB Swat Team that I will post, unless there is an objection...

As I have heard, and can confirm, Ernie is a 1st rate guy. He picked up my 2yr old son, for the photo next to the car. Gave my wife a big hug!

The car was ID'd to me as the Ecto- 1A. There was some rust... bondo... evident... and the drivers side mirror was missing.

We had him autograph a MattyCollector containment trap, and all is good. Perhaps next time I will rob a bank and get more $$ for MORE autographs... I didn't realize that they were $30.00 each.

This was a spur of the moment visit to the MCCC (first visit EVER to a ComicCon...), as I just heard about it the night before. I grabbed up the equipment, threw it into the trunk and drove down with the family. Some of our equipment suffered from the previous Halloween night, but all was still good.
My family and I managed to attend today (Sunday). Unfortunately my 5yr old son was a bit too timid to participate in the kids costume contest. I don't think he would have won. There were some incredible costumes there. I did get the chance to meet fellow 'buster Kevin (forgetting his last name) from Waren, MI, sporting the GB2 patch and blue flight-suit. Perhaps we'll all get another opportunity to meet up again sometime soon. Detroit Fanfare sounds interesting! I've not been there yet.
Hooligan404 wrote:My family and I managed to attend today (Sunday). Unfortunately my 5yr old son was a bit too timid to participate in the kids costume contest. I don't think he would have won. There were some incredible costumes there. I did get the chance to meet fellow 'buster Kevin (forgetting his last name) from Waren, MI, sporting the GB2 patch and blue flight-suit. Perhaps we'll all get another opportunity to meet up again sometime soon. Detroit Fanfare sounds interesting! I've not been there yet.
It was there I took this picture of an Ectomobile along with a few other famous cars, KITT, Herbie, and a few others, also saw this fancy art car

It happens at the Adoba hotel in Dearborn.

http://detroitfanfare.com/

Far as I've seen, it being a close to Halloween event, not nearly enough Ghostbusters attend.
Gents,
Photobucket and my computer are giving me fits, so please forgive the inclusion of 1 photo at a time on my uploads!! LOL!

This is a mixture of scrounged... bought... modified... and put together stuff from about 5 years of collecting. My Kiddos are wearing "pint sized" Slime Blowers (with non detailed guns). Wife and I are sporting nice plastic shells with fair detailing. The youngest is in a custom Slimer costume that my Wife put together last year.

We were lucky that the Detroit Free Press snapped our photo. We were told to tag and enjoy the photo, so all is good.
Sorry I didn't get to meet most folks. I was tied up with 501st/RL stuff most of the weekend but did get out in my Ghostbuster getup a few times. Ernie Hudson himself said the pack looked great. A big deal coming from him.
Midmichigun wrote:Martog,
I believe I saw you there, at the MCCC. The "Swat Team" of Ghostbusters recommended that we meet you, but alas my kids were heading in a different direction!

When I get my photos onto Photobucket, I will upload what I got with Ernie Hudson and the Detroit Free Press newspaper. I also have photos of the GB Swat Team that I will post, unless there is an objection...

As I have heard, and can confirm, Ernie is a 1st rate guy. He picked up my 2yr old son, for the photo next to the car. Gave my wife a big hug!

The car was ID'd to me as the Ecto- 1A. There was some rust... bondo... evident... and the drivers side mirror was missing.

We had him autograph a MattyCollector containment trap, and all is good. Perhaps next time I will rob a bank and get more $$ for MORE autographs... I didn't realize that they were $30.00 each.

This was a spur of the moment visit to the MCCC (first visit EVER to a ComicCon...), as I just heard about it the night before. I grabbed up the equipment, threw it into the trunk and drove down with the family. Some of our equipment suffered from the previous Halloween night, but all was still good.
Indeed I believe you did see me, I did not move a whole lot when I had my entire costume on, too many pictures being taken of me. xD

The Ecto 1A evidently is one of the Universal Studios cars according to the people running the booth, they almost were trying to pawn it off as the car in the movie at one point, they started staying it was from Universal Studios later on, wonder if someone corrected them.

I ended up with just the picture right now, have some other expenses already planned out.

Ernie definitely is a great guy, he seemed to like what I was wearing. ^.^

Looks like Freedom press got me too!

I'm really kicking myself for not attending this year. The wife had so much school stuff to attend to and I just won't go without her (since she's my better half). I hope to have my pack built and ready for next year. See you "CATS" there ^^

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]