Great work!
I was wondering if you had to reinforce the shell whee the parts were mounted, especially the V-hook,
because the fiberglass looked really thin and if it was made with poly resin it would be cracking really easy.
I am just really curious because the few shells I've made I was always paranoid about not making them strong
enough to hold up to abuse.
I actually put an aluminum block inside the gun mount. I didn't reenforce the shell anywhere but it could have used it.
Kingpin wrote:Did you at least consider filing down the BPS brands? :)
Of course. They were all removed. Sanded and blended smooth.
Kingpin liked this
Lowberg wrote:Looks great! How is the hose attached to the Matty thrower?
Epoxy just like everything else.
Lowberg wrote:Wait so like.... it doesn't go into the handle...? .......Its just glued to the back surface? LOL
You got it!
Looks frickin great! That was a really bright LED for the vent... is that standard to the lights kit?
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Thanks! It's actually one of these bad boys:

Here's a link to the eBay listing I got it from: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1291263760

I want to install another one in place of the proton gun vent light that sits in the gun but the GBFans light kit doesn't produce enough juice to light it up (I tried swapping them out). Ideally, I'd like that light to be blinding bright but I haven't figured out a way to implement it without adding another power source.
halliwax liked this
Ah... It looked like there was smoke coming out, but it wasn't clear, and I don't remember you mentioning that you installed it...\

Thanks!
It's pretty cool to see ovwthrillseekr take the pack after the overhaul and make it his own. His build of the TC thrower turned out great and really complimented the overhaul of the pack.
I received this happy little message from Bob this morning.

"I saw the thread of your rebuild of my pack. I figured I would give you some facts about it. "Tovarich" is the nickname of my employee uses and tags each pack with. He has been working for me for several years and he hand builds each pack for me entirely now.
Thank you for your detailed thread as I have given it to him to study and make sure that all of these issues are addressed.
In the 7 months since this pack was built, we have improved our build quality since then mostly because we finally remade all our molds. Our old molds were pretty burned up, we are using a better material now that has a longer life, so the parts fair better pull after pull. We no longer use Zombies electronics as he mysteriously went out of business (stealing $600 from me), so I use some other electronics made by a European guy who apparently copied Jupiter's stuff. As far as your re-do, I don't really feel like the bumper you put on looks any better than mine, its looks sorta gooey and lumpy and the glossy paint you repainted the whole pack with looks like it has lots of pits and holes in it, as does most of the parts you put on. Not much of an improvement in my opinion. Replacing cast parts with original parts is not a fair comparison, I do offer these parts for people who want to pay for the upgrade. Filing off my name and plates doesn't change the fact that it is and always will be one of my packs. The thing is, if the customer has simply contacted me about any issues he had with this we would have fixed them for him or etc., he never contacted me about it. I almost never get a complaint about these. My feedback rating is perfect without a single complaint. I thank everyone at GBFANS for all the constant advertising I get from you. My customers all tell me, "Those assholes on GBFANS are just jealous of your business, your stuff is great...." etc. We are usually about 10 packs/kits behind and we just can't keep up as it is! So keep up the good work!!!
- Bob"
VideoBlob wrote:I almost never get a complaint about these. My feedback rating is perfect without a single complaint. I thank everyone at GBFANS for all the constant advertising I get from you. My customers all tell me, "Those assholes on GBFANS are just jealous of your business, your stuff is great...." etc. We are usually about 10 packs/kits behind and we just can't keep up as it is! So keep up the good work!!!
LMFAO!!!
More lies. His sales are easy to track just by looking on ebay at the "x" sold, "x" remaining numbers. His forums haven't had a new post in years and folks in Texas that I know who had mistakenly done business with him in the past have confirmed that he's quickly going broke.

He's got all his hopes invested in the fact that he still thinks that he'll get a TV show. His first pilot was completely un-airable because of all of the incriminating copyright infringements.

Now he's trying to re-brand the pilot under the false pre-tense that he's making original props for movie studios but here are the problems with that:

1. He's NOT a prop-maker, just a recasting swindler.
2. He's never going to get work with a proper film studio because he lacks any actual talent and he has no respect among professional companies, which DO have relationships with the fan communities.
3. Complaints are finally starting to come in with his DeLorean builds showing off just how shoddy they're actually made. (It's only a matter of time before Tony Parker starts wondering why his car is falling apart.)
4. He's going broke due to continued bad investments (Licensed Flux Capacitors, anyone?) and being blacklisted from more and more conventions, car shows and online forums.
5. He can pay for "likes" on facebook all day but his exposure is dwindling as people find out what he's really about.

As long as folks keep educating each other about who VideoBob really is he'll die off in this realm.

Might be time to head back to selling video cameras, eh Bob?
I love how this Asshole tries to down your bumper when HIS is the one with more bubbles than my kids bath. Bwahaha and no, its no longer a bob pack because a bob pack wouldn't look THAT good. What's his excuse for the ion arm being to small?
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

ovwthrillseekr wrote:Thanks! It's actually one of these bad boys:

Here's a link to the eBay listing I got it from: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1291263760

I want to install another one in place of the proton gun vent light that sits in the gun but the GBFans light kit doesn't produce enough juice to light it up (I tried swapping them out). Ideally, I'd like that light to be blinding bright but I haven't figured out a way to implement it without adding another power source.
I too would like to see you put that super bright in the gun box, it seems super bright in the court house scene when they are firing them up for the first time in 5 years. That scene always sticks in my head
As far as Bob goes, I could have contacted him but I didn't see how I could reasonably make an argument. I paid for a pack, he delivered (poor craftsmanship and quality), transaction complete. I didn't realize what a mistake I had made until after I found GBFans (a month or two later). From a blame perspective, it's my fault for not researching the purchase more thoroughly. When you purchase an overpriced/shoddy product and play with it, you can't complain a month or two later when you realize you could have purchased better quality parts and built it yourself for cheaper. Even if I had contacted Bob, chances are he wouldn't refund my money (which I'm embarrassed to say I paid), and I doubt he would replace and repaint every single part on the pack, or pay for the ridiculous amount of money it would cost to ship it back. All in all, Joe did a great job refurbishing the pack, I'm happy, Bob is Bob, and it's all in the past.
JoeLuna33, Kingpin, noslliT liked this
I just realized I never posted this side by side picture once the overhaul was done! This is ovwthrillseelr's pack next to my Bigi330 based pack.

Which is which??
Nicholszz liked this
PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]