Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
Two of my favorite franchises joining together in a crossover comic. Sounds awesome! :)
SPJ liked this
Who of us didn't have collaborative battles involving out real ghostbusters toys and tmnt toys? This is going to be good!

I have my shop pull all the covers for me.
SPJ liked this
Cannot wait for this to come out. Two of my favorite childhood franchises together at last. In the mean time I am going to tide myself over with TMNT: Bodycount and the rest of IDW's Ghostbusters stories( I finally read the 2 Infestation stories, Times Scare and the first 16 issues of Volume #1 recently and I cannot wait to read all of Volume #2.)
SPJ liked this
Awesome! :)

According to the solicit it's going to be a four-issue arc, which is slated to begin in October, meaning that this crossover will help round off the year, and give us one extra issue for January.

Thanks for the crossover, guys... not too shabby. :)
SPJ liked this
I wasn't allowed to watch Ninja Turtles as a kid. My mom said it was too violent.

...So I'd sit in the corner and play with my battle-damaged Jurassic Park dinosaurs instead. They would hunt and eat each-other. That was much better, apparently.

I was a strange little girl.

So I don't know much about the Ninja Turtles, beyond seeing the movie a few times as a kid. And I don't even remember that very well.

I'm glad Erik Burnham, Dapper Dan, and Luis Delgado are still going to be working on Ghostbusters in some context, but I'm drawing a blank on the Turtles stuff, I really am.
SPJ liked this
Short of the first few episodes, the 80s TMNT show is PAINFUL without the whole nostalgia factor on it. The 2003 series drew heavily from the comics and I REALLY enjoyed the 5 seasons we got out of it (ignore Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers... my god...). The NEW show on Nickelodeon is friggin fantastic. Great story, very well written and has some solid comedy in it as well as solid action.

But those are the shows. I believe the cross over will be with IDW's ongoing TMNT comic which has been pretty damn good.
SPJ liked this
I'm glad to hear Ghostbusters is continuing as some of us predicted - in a mini series, but overall so happy to see 4 more GB issues. More happy if this takes place in the same continuity as the GB ongoing series.
SPJ liked this
Cannot wait, I grew up with both of these characters during my childhood. Like Ghostbusters, TMNT has shown that it is still popular with fans even 30 years later. While I have not read every issue of TMNT published by Mirage or IDW yet I would like to down the road.

Really intrigued to see what happens when the first issue arrives.
SPJ liked this
Some tiny bits and observations
-Tristan Jones tweeted a work in progress of his sub cover on June 16 so they had to know of the mini by mid-June at the latest. So by the time the September solicits came out around June 18/19, they all knew...
-IDW did post a preview of the October solicit pages in Previews magazine. And on page 3, it reveals there will be a Kevin Eastman cover for Issue #1. I gather that will be a Retailer Incentive cover.
--http://issuu.com/idwpublishing/docs/idw ... tober-2014
-Bobby Curnow hinted there might be a blank cover variant like in Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #10 had for Issue #2 of this mini.
-Erik Burnham has seen Dan Schoening's art for his Issue #2 cover
SPJ liked this
I liked the idea initially, though Im not sure how I feel about having the Turtles "Transported to a different universe by a faulty invention" as being the basis for the team up. Im just not a fan of multiple universes/worlds, generally. I'd rather see them be from the same one
SPJ liked this
Razorgeist wrote:Hmm sounds interesting. Im not familiar with the IDW turtles universe.
I'm only catching up on the IDW TMNT comics; I already seen most of the Mirage comics. ^_^
SPJ liked this
Razorgeist wrote:Hmm sounds interesting. Im not familiar with the IDW turtles universe.
Yeah, I have zero knowledge of IDW TMNT. But I grew up watching the Fred Wolf TV show, read the Archie run - wondered what happened to the Forever War for decades, read Mirage Vol. 1 and 2, read the Image run, and saw the 4 movies. So I think I have a funcitonal knowledge of the franchise but I would think they would explain continuity from the TMNT series in a way GB--only fans can jump right in and understand what's going on or milk it they become so desperate they begin buying TMNT comics. :walterpeck:
SPJ liked this
Heroic35 wrote:
*NormalGamer* wrote:Two of my favorite franchises joining together in a crossover comic. Sounds awesome! :)
What's the third? Bass Masters?
Star Wars! :lol: Wow, Star Wars, Ninja Turtles and GB together, that would be cool. Seriously, Ninja Turtles and Ghostbusters are the best personal favourite franchises that could happen together providing it's done right. So here's hoping.
pferreira1983 wrote:
Heroic35 wrote:What's the third? Bass Masters?
Star Wars! :lol: Wow, Star Wars, Ninja Turtles and GB together, that would be cool. Seriously, Ninja Turtles and Ghostbusters are the best personal favourite franchises that could happen together providing it's done right. So here's hoping.
@ *referring to bold*

I was gonna say Transformers as my third guess, but you pretty much have the better idea. Still, each franchises are awesome in their own right. :)
Proton Props UK

I've seen that too...... Maybe, I don't know? […]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]