This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By Grimmy GB
I started to post pictures on the uniform build and realized how stupid I was for doing that. So, here is my current progress. This is my first time, so be gentle(giggity)...

I started off with a Jairus print on a .125" sheet of black styrene

Built a nixxie shelf out of scrap galvanized steel

Fit and attached the shelf to the bored (not shown in this pic lol)

Made faux nixxie tubes out of mechanical pencil shafts

Purchased a few part kits from Spongeface (thanks Doug).
This is where I messed up and learned from my mistakes. Granted this is just a prop, I'm still smacking my forehead over it. Anyway, I do not (obviously) have any solder ports so I resorted to glue. Super glue was a HORRIBLE!!! idea as it left a residue on the board. So I moved onto hot glue. I can deal with that... AND THEN I tried putting some "silver chrome" enamel paint in the ports to produce a faux solder. Again, HORRIBLE!!! idea. I'll never do that again. You can see the mess on the left side that it created
Also, the gold pins on the bottom left (right side) are all crooked as I messed up in the gluing process. Those are since fixed.
So, I've learned from those mistakes (as you can see the mess). Suck it up, Buttercup, and move on

Painted the nixxie shelf. Created a daughter board out of styrene

Added the faux paths, solder ports, and clear coated the daughter board

Painted some of the capacitors and resistors for the daughter board with acrylic paint. I have a ton more to collect and paint

Wired up a rudimentary LED setup using a recycled LED flashlight board that has *TAHDAH* 9 LED slots. Some are dim due to nearly dead batteries

Attached all of the amazingly cut plastic pieces (again, from Spongeface). Added most of the stickers and rub-ons and made a CRAPPY pillow. Slid the LEDs into the faux nixxies and did a test. I especially like the error box (provided by Spongeface)

Last night, I attached the pillow rub-on. Made my crappy creation look pretty decent. I still need to attach the shaving cord, finish the faux nixxie wires, and complete the daughter board. This is my kind of cosplay!!!

So, this is where I'm at!!! If you have any questions, please fire away!

On down the road, I seriously CANNOT wait to purchase a full setup from Doug. Yeah buddy...
By Naptime
Looks fantastic! Did you make the holster too, or did you order it? The gizmo & pke meter are the two items I don't think I'll get around to in time for Halloween.
By Grimmy GB
Naptime wrote:Looks fantastic! Did you make the holster too, or did you order it? The gizmo & pke meter are the two items I don't think I'll get around to in time for Halloween.
Thanks Nap! I bought a super cheap leather holster from EvilBay. Did a few little snip cuts and dyed it black (originally came raw colored). Honestly, I think the GB get-up is incomplete without the gizmo. Just my opinion though! If you have a good clear weekend, you could get a quick mock-up done. I've seen people just print stickers of an entire 808d board and stick them to a piece of cardboard. Works when in a pinch (but not for OCD peeps lol).
By Grimmy GB
Hey guys, I plan on hopefully taking a few pics tonight or tomorrow. I'm going to try to clean up the paint mess with thinner. I also will be pushing myself to finish soldering the faux nixie wires together.

Question: I'm thinking about printing some negative digital style 8's onto some clear printer plastic. Do you think these will look cool inside the tubes? Or do you think I should leave as is?
By Grimmy GB
So, last night I picked up some new batteries for the gizmo. I popped all of the LEDs except one :walterpeck:
Apparently, I should have paid closer attention, these LEDs are rated at 3 inlet volts. Yeah, I hooked up a 4.5 volt supply to them... idiot!

So here's some more pictures. I'm not quite happy with it all but it's wearable. I still need to clean the enamel paint mess and RE(FREAKING)SOLDER new LEDs.

Main board in the holder. Pay no heed to the loose wires. Those are simply the positive and negative for the power source

The daughter board

Looks all right sitting on the box that my pchrisbosh1 shell/mobo arrived in ;)

Anyway, once I get everything all cleaned up and functioning, I will suit up and take a selfie.
FrankNBuster liked this
By Grimmy GB
So, after I preloaded the last LEDs and having to solder on some different ones, I decided to just go with a different color scheme. I was getting tired of the yellow ones.
Here's a few different shots. I like it. By the way, my camera is showing the LEDs quite a bit brighter than they actually are.

I plan on reworking most of the capacitors and resistors on the board as they are crooked as a (insert bad joke here). Anyway, it's done for the most part. Well, I say that now but perhaps I will addition a blinking relay to the error box light lol. Moving on to my trap or PKE meter next.
FrankNBuster liked this
By Naptime
Holy crap dude! That looks spectacular. Now I've got gizmo envy!
Grimmy GB liked this
By Grimmy GB
Naptime wrote:Holy crap dude! That looks spectacular. Now I've got gizmo envy!
Thanks brotha! You know when you start yours, I'll be all over it! Can't wait to see what you come up with ^^
By bishopdonmiguel
Great looking Gizmo you have there Grimmy.
By Grimmy GB
bishopdonmiguel wrote:Great looking Gizmo you have there Grimmy.
Thanks Bish! One day, when I grow up, I'll get to buy one of Doug's real deals lol.
By bishopdonmiguel
Grimmy GB wrote:Thanks Bish! One day, when I grow up, I'll get to buy one of Doug's real deals lol.
Don't grow up. Just save your allowance until you have enough for Doug's kit. It's EPIC!
Grimmy GB liked this
By Jolly RogerVF84
You are welcome pal.

I still search for one. Found an unbuild gizmo on ebay some days ago, without a daughter board, but as I am not someone who know how to put that together, I still haven't bought it. Or I need your pics then. Lol
By Grimmy GB
Jolly RogerVF84 wrote:You are welcome pal.

I still search for one. Found an unbuild gizmo on ebay some days ago, without a daughter board, but as I am not someone who know how to put that together, I still haven't bought it. Or I need your pics then. Lol
:) Spongeface has some amazing gizmos for sell and pretty good information on installation if you need that as well.
By Grimmy GB
Jolly RogerVF84 wrote:Oh sounds great. Thanks for the info Grimmy. Will contact him then. :)
And here's the "For Sale" thread on it...
http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 31&t=30986

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]

Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]