Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Ivo Shandor
Alex Newborn wrote:
I vehemently disagree.

Look at a side-by-side comparison.

The red circle and line are nowhere near thick enough, but most importantly, you see a continuous circle.

On a no-ghost logo, the circle is broken three times by the head and hands of the ghost.

I can understand the tendency toward wishful thinking, believe me... but objectively, that's a no-smoking or similar office sign.

The whole point of the beginning scenes of the movie is that the Ghostbusters are out of work and disgraced in the public's eye.

The last thing the set dresser would do is subliminally suggest someone still supported them.

Alex
Everything you said is 100% right IMO.
By Spengler02
However that is a very crappy picture I can see it just fine when I watch but I can't upload pictures for some strange reason. Help with this would be appreciated. Once I figure out how I will post a better pic.
By Heroic35
The Hotel Sedgewivk scene; I just noticed Venkman has one elbow pad with the black patch and one without. You think after all the gear pour overs I've done, this would've been noticed. Huh.....

Also, those eggs on Dana's counter were brought up earlier and yes, the continuity is outta whack.
By Carpeteria
Heroic35 wrote:The Hotel Sedgewivk scene; I just noticed Venkman has one elbow pad with the black patch and one without. You think after all the gear pour overs I've done, this would've been noticed. Huh.....
That's the case for the entire movie and promo photography.
By roguespectre
Egon fixing his tie just before the Sedgewick bust.

Was it a particle thrower he was working on during their "magnificent feast" before the first call?
By Heroic35
Carpeteria wrote:
Heroic35 wrote:The Hotel Sedgewivk scene; I just noticed Venkman has one elbow pad with the black patch and one without. You think after all the gear pour overs I've done, this would've been noticed. Huh.....
That's the case for the entire movie and promo photography.

Really?! Holy sh...how drunk am I?!
By Alex Newborn
roguespectre wrote:Egon fixing his tie just before the Sedgewick bust.

Was it a particle thrower he was working on during their "magnificent feast" before the first call?
Yes. I believe it's a tiny bit of foreshadowing for there being a fully-equipped fourth Ghostbuster later in the film.

He's also drinking a Tab (Ray and Peter are drinking beer) and bites into the crunchiest egg roll in the history of the world.

[Side note: While typing this, I had the most intense feeling of deja vu.]

Alex
By JA Slow
Alex Newborn wrote:

Yes. I believe it's a tiny bit of foreshadowing for there being a fully-equipped fourth Ghostbuster later in the film.

He's also drinking a Tab (Ray and Peter are drinking beer) and bites into the crunchiest egg roll in the history of the world.

Alex
Egon straightening his tie before using the pole is serious. Gotta look good before you undress, ya know?
Spengler02 liked this
By PssdffJay
Alex Newborn wrote:

Alex
Didn't you just say that?
Alex Newborn, halliwax liked this
By Spengler02
Maybe think about writing that and then writing about it feels like it happened (was said, or typed) before.
By Ivo Shandor
I watched Ghostbusters twice and Ghostbusters 2 once this Halloween (Oct 30 there was a public screening of GB1 in a park here and watchied GB1 and 2 on Oct 31 with the wife & kids...tradition).

One thing I noticed for the first time is that Ray calls Peter "Venky" once in both movies. I mentioned that on twitter and no one else seemed to have noticed that either.
By Spengler02
What's the song playing when Louis opens the door when Dana goes by?
By Alex Newborn
The night of his party?

That's Hot Night, by Laura Branigan. It appears on the GB soundtrack album.

Or did you mean earlier in the movie, the first time we see Louis? That's an instrumental piece of the score by Elmer Bernstein. I believe it's called simply Dana's Theme.

Alex
By Spengler02
Thanks, Alex. And yes I meant the night of his party, sorry for not being very descriptive.
By Gloomdrifter
I thought the smoke around the ecto the first time we see it was just a background effect to make it look cool and mythical almost. When I watched it last week for reference I realized it was just the exhaust. Poor Janine.
By halliwax

i strongly believe the whole missing patch was something murray asked for, to be different then the other 3. if u notice he also wears this boots un-tucked. alittle rebellion
By Zeke
I didn't realize until very recently that the ghost that kidnaps Oscar off the ledge in GB2 was Janosz. I thought it was some dead nanny or something.
By Ivo Shandor
Zeke wrote:I didn't realize until very recently that the ghost that kidnaps Oscar off the ledge in GB2 was Janosz. I thought it was some dead nanny or something.
Really? Dana says "It was Janosz" right after she comes in off the ledge.
By Zeke
Ivo Shandor wrote:
Zeke wrote:I didn't realize until very recently that the ghost that kidnaps Oscar off the ledge in GB2 was Janosz. I thought it was some dead nanny or something.
Really? Dana says "It was Janosz" right after she comes in off the ledge.
I took that to mean she knew he orchestrated it, not that it was literally him.
And I mean, come on, he was dressed like a girl and wore wig and a hat. He was also a ghost for no apparent reason. It's a reasonable mistake IMO. :oops::lol:
By Ivo Shandor
Zeke wrote: I took that to mean she knew he orchestrated it, not that it was literally him.
And I mean, come on, he was dressed like a girl and wore wig and a hat. He was also a ghost for no apparent reason. It's a reasonable mistake IMO. :oops::lol:
Yeah I'm just ribbing you. I'm the guy who thought Winston said "What did you do Ray?" until two days ago.
By Hairy Biker
I posted this in the GBII edition, but any ways. In GBII I only just noticed that the elbow pads don't have the black patch on them. Like on any of them.
By Winston1986
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but anybody ever notice in Ghostbusters 1 after they catch Slimer and talk to the attendant about how much it costs to get rid of the ghost, Egon holds up 4 fingers and then that's when Peter says it's 4,000 and then Egon holds up 1 finger and he says there's also a $1,000 for the containment and storage of the ghost. I never noticed it as a kid.
By Alex Newborn
This one gets brought up pretty regularly by folks who just noticed it for the first time.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact it was cropped out of the frame for the old Pan & Scan VHS.

In fact, I remember a friend talking about this moment in college (so somewhere between '88 and '92) and wondering what the heck he was talking about. He said a friend had pointed it out to him in the theatre, but I could find no such moment in my VHS copies.

Similarly, the shot where Stay-Puft and Peck are both in frame was cropped differently for various broadcasts (as I recall) and it wasn't until I saw the film in a special-ordered widescreen VHS format that I realized it was not two alternate edits but two alternate crops of one shot.

Seeing it in widescreen again, even in low-quality VHS, was the point that I lost all use for Pan & Scan. I special-ordered most of my movies in widescreen VHS after that point, despite the fact very few people were into it yet. Star Wars, Empire, Jedi, Jurassic Park... I refused to get the cropped versions. I think I even had to drive to another city to find Phantom Menace in widescreen VHS. That should illustrate how slowly it took for everyone to want widescreen.

My mother even said that it bugged her with the black bars at top and bottom of screen because she wanted to see 'the whole' picture-- she thought those black areas were obscuring things.

Alex

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]