Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By mburkit
onlyalad19 wrote:I recently noticed that the semi hero pack on the evidence table closest to the slime jar during the courtroom scene has the thrower hanging in the opposite position and that the front barrel looks as if it has been broken. The awkward hanging position on the pack would make sense since they were attempting to hide the fact that is was broken for those particular scenes. Similarly that particular pack and thrower have the same kind of damage as the semi hero pack currently on display in the Sony lobby, which now makes me think that it is the same one. Any thoughts?

The pack you're referring to is a foam stunt pack because that wand is definitely a foam cast. The foam packs in the second movie were a lot better built then the ones in the first film; they look to have been pulled from the semi-hero molds, making it more difficult to tell them apart.

They most likely put the foam packs on at that part of the scene because of the pyrotechnics.
By Peter Venkman1984
I never noticed that the ghostbusters were in the statue of liberty scene during the credit sequence......it also looks like the major is giving them a key to the city....I don't know how I missed it
By Zack
no prob!

Here's another, I'm sure others have spotted it but can't believe I just saw it earlier, I slowed it down to see something else and noticed when they get sucked in the trap, Nunzio's shoes come off! Nice little details they did throughout the movie.
Over at the RPF, someone asked about my Realistic sound level meter. I cued up the film to explain where to see it, and caught a possible continuity error...

In the wide shot (top), it looks like Egon is holding his Monitor 4 radiation detector.

But in the closeup (bottom), it appears to switch to the Realistic sound level meter.

Alex
JA Slow liked this
Alex Newborn wrote:Over at the RPF, someone asked about my Realistic sound level meter. I cued up the film to explain where to see it, and caught a possible continuity error...

In the wide shot (top), it looks like Egon is holding his Monitor 4 radiation detector.

But in the closeup (bottom), it appears to switch to the Realistic sound level meter.

Alex
Cool find! A good chunk of the final Vigo battle was reshot. The lighting looks completely different on Egon in the tight shot.
By JA Slow
d_osborn wrote:
Alex Newborn wrote:Over at the RPF, someone asked about my Realistic sound level meter. I cued up the film to explain where to see it, and caught a possible continuity error...

Alex
Cool find! A good chunk of the final Vigo battle was reshot. The lighting looks completely different on Egon in the tight shot.
Amazing eye, Alex. Next you're gonna tell me that was a Cabbage Patch Kid that Venkman caught and not a real baby!
By sexy sadie
abaka wrote:I dunno if others have reached this conlusion before or if I'm reading to much into it...

In Ghostbusters, Janine was into Egon and was quite flirtatious with him. In Ghostbusters 2 she moved onto another geeky charachter (Louis Tulley)....Has anybody else noticed the fact when Louis is wearing a Ghostbusters uniform...Janine has picked out Egon's uniform for him!

Perhaps she was fantasising about Egon still!

Poor Louis
Can you blame her? :wink:
By sexy sadie
Fritz wrote:
James Van Hise, JMS, and legions of fans combined that with the fact that Egon and Janine don't actually appear on screen together in GB2 as a loophole when they all went "Eeew" to the whole Janine/Louis mess. Even when Louis was available in RGB after GB2, there were only a few attempts to follow up that part of GB2, and they were half-hearted at best. Note that "Janine You've Changed" came out over a year after GB2.

So...yeah. Who could blame her for liking Egon better?
Certainly I can't.

But then again, I did get incredibly jealous seeing this:

:shock:
Alex Newborn wrote:Weird connections between two sequels that both came out in 1989...

Ghostbusters 2 and Back to the Future 2!
Here's another one for the list from the previous page of this thread (a list including Judy Ovitz, Mary Ellen Trainor, dustbusters, Liberty torch lamps)...

I seem to have inadvertently begun a collection of BTTF props, without realizing it until today.

Here's the videocamera Ray takes to the museum in GB2.

And here's the one I bought a couple years ago. (The lower one hanging by its shoulder strap.)

In fact, if you look at the pics of the JVC Camcorder in the equipment section here on GBFans (http://www.gbfans.com/equipment/other/jvc-camcorder/), that is the same camera I own. Those pics came from its auction listing.

It was identified in this thread of mine (http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =7&t=28528) by jackdoud in late 2011.

I got it for $24 shipped, and it cost the seller $16 to mail it, so it only cost me about eight bucks for the camera itself.

Now look what I just spotted in the window of the Blast from the Past antique store in BTTF2.

Also, even if they're not props from the second GB film, look at some of the other stuff in the window!

Right behind the S in the sign, there's a bust of JFK...

... which is VERY similar to the one in Louis' apartment in GB1.

AND over on the left there's a VHS copy of Dragnet '87...

which means Dan Aykroyd himself is visible in this scene of BTTF2.

Alex
By halliwax
Alex Newborn wrote:
Alex Newborn wrote:Weird connections between two sequels that both came out in 1989...

Ghostbusters 2 and Back to the Future 2!
Here's another one for the list from the previous page of this thread (a list including Judy Ovitz, Mary Ellen Trainor, dustbusters, Liberty torch lamps)...

I seem to have inadvertently begun a collection of BTTF props, without realizing it until today.

Here's the videocamera Ray takes to the museum in GB2.

And here's the one I bought a couple years ago. (The lower one hanging by its shoulder strap.)

In fact, if you look at the pics of the JVC Camcorder in the equipment section here on GBFans (http://www.gbfans.com/equipment/other/jvc-camcorder/), that is the same camera I own. Those pics came from its auction listing.

It was identified in this thread of mine (http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =7&t=28528) by jackdoud in late 2011.

I got it for $24 shipped, and it cost the seller $16 to mail it, so it only cost me about eight bucks for the camera itself.

Now look what I just spotted in the window of the Blast from the Past antique store in BTTF2.

Also, even if they're not props from the second GB film, look at some of the other stuff in the window!

Right behind the S in the sign, there's a bust of JFK...

... which is VERY similar to the one in Louis' apartment in GB1.

AND over on the left there's a VHS copy of Dragnet '87...

which means Dan Aykroyd himself is visible in this scene of BTTF2.

Alex
im a huge bttf nerd, i even own a 81 delorean (#3021) i never knew about the Dragnet '87!!! thats wicked cool! like you said, now knowing this dan aykroyd is in bttf2!! wicked cool find man!
By Spengler02
The mailbox in front of the apartment in the beginning of the movie says "Meth" in graffiti.
By Spengler02
sexy sadie wrote:
Fritz wrote:
James Van Hise, JMS, and legions of fans combined that with the fact that Egon and Janine don't actually appear on screen together in GB2 as a loophole when they all went "Eeew" to the whole Janine/Louis mess. Even when Louis was available in RGB after GB2, there were only a few attempts to follow up that part of GB2, and they were half-hearted at best. Note that "Janine You've Changed" came out over a year after GB2.

So...yeah. Who could blame her for liking Egon better?
Certainly I can't.

But then again, I did get incredibly jealous seeing this:

:shock:
I seriously consider cutting out a picture of Janine and taping it to my dart board every time I watch that scene.
By csullivan1980
Always bugged me how Winston was absent from almost all of the courthouse scene. Except in a few shots (over Ray's right shoulder).

Also, the proton pack neutrino wand closest to the camera had a funny angle to it if you look closely.

By JA Slow
Leads one to think/hope that all shots where Winston is in the spectators gallery means they planned on having him join the bust. But this is probably wishful thinking since no draft of the script, novelization or comic adaption ever did this. Did they really want us to think he ran away because ghosts showed up? That crowd wasn't tough enough to push a strong man like him out the door either.

Those stunt packs do look much nicer than the ones scene in the first movie. The packs themselves look better than the wands though.
By Matt Campbell
JA Slow wrote:Leads one to think/hope that all shots where Winston is in the spectators gallery means they planned on having him join the bust. But this is probably wishful thinking since no draft of the script, novelization or comic adaption ever did this. Did they really want us to think he ran away because ghosts showed up? That crowd wasn't tough enough to push a strong man like him out the door either.

Those stunt packs do look much nicer than the ones scene in the first movie. The packs themselves look better than the wands though.
There were only 3 packs that were sitting on the evidence table in the courtroom, so had Winston stuck around for the bust there wouldn't have been much for him to do. I've read somewhere else on the forum that discussed Winston's involvement in the courtroom scene that theorized that since there was no pack for him to use to participate in the Scoleri bust that he was helping to get civilians out of the courtroom and to safety, I like Winston and would like to think that he's the type of guy to do something like that so I agreed with that theory and from that point on have thought in my head that that's what happened.
By Spengler02
I like that theory. I think I'm going to go tell everybody that came up with that great theory now.
By Spengs
I'm not doubting you Zack. It's definitely been a while since I've seen GB II in its entirety, I don't recall this in the background. I've never seen it. Looking at it, seems easily 'photoshopped,' more fake than any of the newspaper and magazine art from Ghostbusters.

If it was really in GB II, wonder why whomever made it chose to use that blue/white grid patten. Maybe if it was a tech magazine.

*edit* I see the auction and where it came from during the movie. I thought the seller had the real deal, its obvious he's just selling reproductions and trying to profit from it. :sigh:
By Alex Newborn
To fully appreciate what Zack has discovered, let's jump back to a conversation that occurred on page 4 of this thread...
d_osborn wrote:
1- LIFE magazine mock up-- the pic is from a montage shot of the GBs running down the street.

6- TIME, with a shot of the GBs in santa hats from the NYC shoot.

8- MOTOR TREND--upper photo looks like the night promo shot E1A outside of the firehouse... lower photo looks like a promo shoot from the NYC shoot. (cool bit--earlier drafts of the GB1 script mention a MOTOR TREND magazine in the montage with the Ectomobile on the cover)
Always rely on d_osborn's information, he will not steer you wrong!

So I tried to straighten up the auction photo...

All of my old pics on previous pages are broken links now, but they still exist on my Facebook archives.

So here was an earlier piece of the puzzle, something I found online.

Here was a shot from the movie where I used different frames to paint out Annie Potts.

Here's the newest version with the LIFE cover added.

And here's what we know about the final two, from d_osborn.

That just leaves the large newspaper at the #2 position as the final mystery, though I would love for images of the TIME and Motor Trend covers to surface.

Alex
Spengs liked this
By d_osborn
The Blu-ray might have more detail of the mystery newspaper at the top. Can any kind souls post a 1080 screengrab? I don't have a BR drive on my computer.
Alex Newborn wrote:Image
I've never noticed that the order they're running in is completely different. The still frame on the magazine must have been from a different take or something. The quality of the shot on the mock up is pretty gnarly and looks like it was taken from footage rather than the unit photographer.

The Louis/Slimer/Janine deleted scene on the BR has a decent wide shot of the wall. The forum scaled the pic down, the linked full rez is larger.
Zack wrote:I honestly would have never known that was even back there...it isn't featured prominently at all...Dunno where it originated from as far as how they came to have it or access to one?
Joe Kerezman has the original and sold replica prints back in the day. Is it him selling the replicas on eBay?
By Zack
I forget, how was that photo of them coming out of the subway? Was that the "press photos I'd like to see more of" topic? I don't remember what order they were in. That photo probably wasn't good enough quality to have made this up would it?

EDIT: Image

Never mind, I thought it was a better photo for some reason.
By d_osborn
Alex Newborn wrote:Was one of these the pic used for the TIME cover?
I think it was definitely from the same shoot, but not either of those pics. The composition looks a little different. Gotta love looking at blurred pixels!
Zack wrote:I forget, how was that photo of them coming out of the subway? Was that the "press photos I'd like to see more of" topic? I don't remember what order they were in. That photo probably wasn't good enough quality to have made this up would it?
Yeah, that's Lanny's scan. If I'm remembering right, it's in the Japanese GB2 program. You're right, it looks closer to the shot used in the LIFE cover mock up. The lighting and full body shot look a lot closer than the montage shot I posted earlier. I'm guessing they shot a ton of stuff with the GBs running around.

If I can get around to it, I'll try to post a better image of the LIFE cover for reference.
By Spengler02
Ever notice how when Egon and Ray are tickeling Oscar, Ray's smiling? I think "Awww!" everytime I watch that scene! :lol:
By NickoRay
Alex Newborn wrote:Was one of these the pic used for the TIME cover?

Alex
Haven't seen these before! They're rad!

Also, is it possible that the packs that are on the courtroom table are the foam stunt packs? That's why the gun is inan awkward position because it might be being pressed against the table that way.

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]

Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]