Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Alex Newborn
Thanks for the idea! But, honestly... I'd need more than two hours.

I DID think about making an 'annotated Ghostbusters' website or blog.

Just about the time I had the idea for it, I noticed that all of my photo links here and on TheRPF have begun to self-destruct!

(The pics are in the exact same locations on my FB accounts, and I was able to restore most of them on the RPF, but over here I can't edit old posts.)

If I can figure out a good way to make sure the pics will last, I may still try that idea someday.

Alex
By NickoRay
GB2032DKM wrote:When I first watched GB1 and watched it over and over, I never noticed when Peter is telling the manager at the hotel about the costs that Egon was holding up his fingers to clue Peter on what to charge.

After I noticed that, it made me wonder who really was the capitalist on that one.
This is an old post, but I was going through this thread and just recently noticed this too. It's hilarious and makes the scene that much better. Oh, Egon.
By Spengler02
Alex Newborn wrote:
Heroic35 wrote:I always thought it was Sigourney?
ghostfan003 wrote:I always thought it was Sigourney as well.
Really? I never thought it resembled her. Plus, I don't think of a school photo of her as being in color.

Here's the only image I found online of her from a yearbook. It's not definitive proof of anything, but I thought it was interesting.

Alex
Man, if good-looking kids grow into good-looking adults, my future is doomed. How old is Sigourney in this pic? Can anyone find anymore pics of the main cast as kids?
By Spengler02
rahum wrote:In GB1 after the big earth quake where the roads open up, and the cop car slowly submerges into the street and the Ghostbuseters fall down a hole... right after the the roads stop moving they cut to a wide shot looking down the street where you can see one of the Ghostbusters hiding behind a piece of road...
Can you post a pic? Or tell us what time?
By Spengler02
shodanmark wrote:OK, so maybe this is old news....

Was new to me anyway :p
The Stay Puft guy is wearing the Michelt shirt again (or still?)!
By Spengler02
John Stevens 87 wrote:After all these years of seeing both movies back to back i could never tell...

Holy crap! I've seen Trading Places AND Ghostbusters about a million times, but I never noticed that! BTW that's Frank Oz between them.
By xxbrankxx
I noticed today during the montage in GB1, the part when their in Chinatown, when Venkman leans over when the guy gives him & Ray 2 pigs (?) I noticed on the side of Venkman's pack there are these 2 bars attached near the yellow Caution decal. I never noticed that before until today. I've seen all the pictures on here of the many hero & stunt packs but don't recall seeing it on any of those. Anyone know what it is?
By Alex Newborn
Good eye, I've never spotted that before.

I seem to recall reading something about them occasionally using a bungee cord to keep the throwers from falling off in scenes where they might be bending over.

Maybe it's something like that.

Alex
By Spengler02
Alex Newborn wrote:Sorry if this has been mentioned before (I did a search but got no results)...

One of the arcade games visible during the 'magnificent feast' scene is Star Castle.

Found some pics online that show it better.

~~~

The pinball machine (far right) appears to be Star Gazer.

Anyone know what the other arcade game is?

Alex
In the video game they are Q-Bert and what appears to be Space Invaders, and noting how accuratley detailed the game is, I'd guess that's what they probably are.
By Alex Newborn
The game is somewhat accurate. For instance, I was blown away when I walked into the New York Public Library back in July and recognized the lobby's architecture from the game.

But they don't get everything 100% correct.

The videogames in GB1, as identified in later posts to the one you quoted, are Missile Command and Star Castle. The pinball machine is Star Gazer.

Here's a comparison pic of a Missile Command cabinet with the one seen in the movie. It's one of the broken links seen in my older posts.

In GB2, there's a videogame visible called Jump Bug.

Not sure what the pinball game next to it is, though.

I made a miniature Jump Bug cabinet scaled to the Matty figures using images of the cabinet found online.

Alex
By Spengler02
Huh, I never noticed that. I guess I was too distracted by Ray...
By Spengler02
One day I was replaying the Times Square level and in the little video thing at the end when you defeat Stay Puft I noticed that Ray is accurately shown with one green eye and one brown eye! So, I looked a little closer and noticed they also got his nose right. I'm still kind of weirded out by the fact that I know his eye color(s) and the shape of his nose...
By NickoRay
Spengler02 wrote:One day I was replaying the Times Square level and in the little video thing at the end when you defeat Stay Puft I noticed that Ray is accurately shown with one green eye and one brown eye! So, I looked a little closer and noticed they also got his nose right. I'm still kind of weirded out by the fact that I know his eye color(s) and the shape of his nose...
It's not until I read this post that I learned that Dan Aykroyd has heterochromia.
By fixer79
NickoRay wrote:
Spengler02 wrote:One day I was replaying the Times Square level and in the little video thing at the end when you defeat Stay Puft I noticed that Ray is accurately shown with one green eye and one brown eye! So, I looked a little closer and noticed they also got his nose right. I'm still kind of weirded out by the fact that I know his eye color(s) and the shape of his nose...
It's not until I read this post that I learned that Dan Aykroyd has heterochromia.
Same here. Well, you learn something every day... :)
By Spengler02
Usually you can't tell because the lights and stuff around him make them both look brown, but when you pay attention in the elevator, or when Ray is staring at Vigo at the end of the movie (gb2) you can see it quite clearly. Also in Trading Places when he's in jail and then he looks up because they're taking him out you can just barely see it if you look hard enough.
By Annie Melnitz
I never noticed Janine peering back to look at Peck and Venkman until the 30th anniversary screenings. Which is weird, because as some of you may already know, I study Janine pretty intently.
By JA Slow
Annie Melnitz wrote:I never noticed Janine peering back to look at Peck and Venkman until the 30th anniversary screenings. Which is weird, because as some of you may already know, I study Janine pretty intently.
I noticed that when I first saw the movie on DVD in widescreen.
By NickoRay
Rewatched GB1 today (so good haha)

List of things that may have been mentioned already but didn't catch until today :

1. During the montage, one of the newspaper/mag covers of the GBs looks like a screenshot of them crossing the streams from the end scene.
2. The engineer that was ordered to shut off the containment grid was from Con Edison, whose company shows up in GB2 as well.
3. Ray setting his trap down on a bench after Peter says, "this chick is toast!" when they go throw Gozer.
By Spengler02
NickoRay wrote:
Oh, btw, thought you might want to know that David Bowie has it as well.
By NickoRay
jackdoud wrote:
NickoRay wrote: 2. The engineer that was ordered to shut off the containment grid was from Con Edison, whose company shows up in GB2 as well.
Con Ed is the name of NYC's actual power company so it's not really a surprise.
Darn I knew it was something like that. #ImFromLA
By EctoPrimer
I know others have probably noticed before (what hasn't been noticed at this point), but Venkman's v-hook is missing on the roof top when they kneel down to talk about crossing the streams. At least it looks that way in low res
By NickoRay
EctoPrimer wrote:I know others have probably noticed before (what hasn't been noticed at this point), but Venkman's v-hook is missing on the roof top when they kneel down to talk about crossing the streams. At least it looks that way in low res
It probably had to do with the fact of them being stunt packs. Foam
By Spengler02
Trading places again, Dan?

They flipped over vertically :shock: . And the lighting changed. Sorry I could find anything funny to say about this one. ;)

Considering the fact that they crossed America, Dan did a pretty good job keeping the outfit together, but Bill flopped.

By Spengler02
In the first pic Ray and Peter's belt-whatevers are switched. In the second, they're sleeping the opposite way they were in the before half. And in the third, their (Peter and Ray) clothes are different.
By Spengler02
Maybe, but it's kind of funny how they switched.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]