Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Alex Newborn
d_osborn wrote:I'm guessing they shot a ton of stuff with the GBs running around.

Yep, like this shot from the end credits.

Definitely looks like the same day as all the rest.

d_osborn wrote:If I can get around to it, I'll try to post a better image of the LIFE cover for reference.
Ooh, please do!

Alex
By Alex Newborn
I had never spotted them, so now Zack has corrupted my brain.

Looking at the still, I thought maybe it was 'hailing a cab' too... but then I cued up the film and realized it's all gridlock and the wave motion only happens at the very end of the shot, so they waited forever before 'hailing' with a cab sitting right in front of them.

Thumbs up for coining the term 'flaccid taxi hail' though. I will work that into a conversation someday. I swear it.

Alex
Zack, mrmichaelt, Spengler02 liked this
By Alex Newborn
d_osborn wrote:Image
The Louis/Slimer/Janine deleted scene on the BR has a decent wide shot of the wall. The forum scaled the pic down, the linked full rez is larger.
I forgot you had found this one... I got momentarily excited when I spotted this very blurry image in the epk.

Alex
By d_osborn
I don't think it's Globe or New York Post. Those are both the smaller tabloid formats, while the unidentified mockup is more of a longer broadsheet newspaper. Maybe New York Times?

Can anyone post a BR screen grab? It should have a lot more detail.
By Zack
slightly offtopic but that shot from the EPK, I always get the feeling you can see Moranis not having as much fun. Maybe he was just caught in that one moment and I know they were having long days but just hearing everything he's said that he likes coming up with stuff not just reading someone elses words on a page. Just an observation!
By mrmichaelt
d_osborn wrote: Can anyone post a BR screen grab? It should have a lot more detail.
Devilmanozzy took grabs from his copy. Looks like the EPK gave the only clues - it looks like a blue stripe across the top. Which broadsheet newspaper does that... New York Times? Daily News?

Peter's wall:

1. Center of Office Area

2. Center of Office Area

3. Collage comparison

4. Right Half of Office Area

Articles by cabinets:

1. Left of desk

2. Right of desk

And for extra measure Janine's desk
By d_osborn
mrmichaelt wrote:Devilmanozzy took grabs from his copy.
Thanks!

I've never noticed the business card set dressing with the early logo. Cool! It's a little strange since other bits of office set dressing used the normal logo.

The early logo hasn't popped up in many places. It was on the focus charts from the BR deleted scenes, and I think some of the Stephen Dane Ecto-1A concept art.

By mrmichaelt
d_osborn wrote:Thanks!

I've never noticed the business card set dressing with the early logo. Cool! It's a little strange since other bits of office set dressing used the normal logo.

The early logo hasn't popped up in many places. It was on the focus charts from the BR deleted scenes, and I think some of the Stephen Dane Ecto-1A concept art.

Yeah, that is a pretty cool both logos were actually in the movie.

Devilmanozzy also noted there's a another good shot in the BR's "Louis' Secret" deleted scene. He did a collage that edited Louis out here:
Louis' Secret collage 1

Hate to beat the dead horse, but if there were a Making Ghostbusters II, we probably wouldn't be trying to I.D. these articles.
By d_osborn
Here's a better look at the early logo. This is from a scan of the cover label on Stephen Dane's 9/29 draft production script that Greg Justis sold a few years ago. I still regret not picking it up!

Here's one of the Stephen Dane Ecto 1A concept designs with the early logo that I mentioned earlier. On a side note, the driver side antennae bundle sorta resembles the John Daveikis Ectomobile design from the first film.
mrmichaelt wrote: Devilmanozzy also noted there's a another good shot in the BR's "Louis' Secret" deleted scene. He did a collage that edited Louis out here:
Louis' Secret collage 1
Yeah, it's a cool shot! I posted the image a few weeks ago on this thread, but it's cool he removed Lewis. It's wild seeing the empty sets. Newborn did a few of these a while ago-- the courtroom, Venkman's apartment, etc. It would be cool to redo those emtpy panoramic set shots with the HD BR caps!
mrmichaelt wrote: Hate to beat the dead horse, but if there were a Making Ghostbusters II, we probably wouldn't be trying to I.D. these articles.
No kidding! I'm guessing maybe since the production wasn't as tight/fluid as the first movie, they decided against the making-of book. Maybe Reitman and co. didn't want all of the super last-minute changes and on-set rewrites well documented, haha! I'm wondering if there was a making-of GB2 book in the mix at some point, though. Carl Macek's wife has been selling a TON of GB2 development and production art. The auctions mention that Macek worked on advertising and promotion on the film. He produced the US Robotech, but also wrote an ART OF HEAVY METAL book back in the day, so who knows. I don't think general ad and promo work would require that much development material, but he may have also been a fan/collector. I know that he also had an original aluminum hero trap, so there's no telling.
Dougger, Alex Newborn liked this
By Spengler02
^Holy crud you're right! And you'd think after watching the commercial so many time I would have noticed!
By Fritz
d_osborn wrote: Carl Macek's wife has been selling a TON of GB2 development and production art. The auctions mention that Macek worked on advertising and promotion on the film. He produced the US Robotech, but also wrote an ART OF HEAVY METAL book back in the day, so who knows.
Oh wow--all these years and I'd never heard that. Suddenly, my other favorite animated show from the 1980's is connected to the Ghostbusters phenomenon. I knew Macek had mentioned RGB when writing Robotech Art 3 (Referring to "network Ghostbusters" when talking about American shows utilitizing Japanese animation for the better, as I recall) but never realized he was potentially that far into it.

Learn something new every day.
:)
By Alex Newborn
Dougger wrote:Sorry to jump back a bit, but in this tv spot you can see the unused footage from the montage they used for the Life magazine cover at the 10 second mark.

Great eye, Dougger!

And big thanks to d_osborn for sharing that early GB2 logo scan above.

Alex

P.S.

On the subject of ROBOTECH, did anyone ever read the novels by Jack McKinney? In actuality, McKinney was a shared pen name by James Luceno and the late Brian Daley. I'm fortunate to have discussed those books with both authors at different times.
Dougger liked this
Booster cap.

Last edited by Kingpin on November 11th, 2015, 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed forum stretching
csullivan1980 wrote:Booster cap.

Top = Hero

Bottom = Semi Hero

GB2 is shocking for pack continuity especially in the courtroom.
Last edited by Kingpin on November 11th, 2015, 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed forum stretching
I never noticed that the reporter in this shot works for Venkman's former television station, WKRR 12.

Closeup of logo on the side of a camera in the World of the Psychic set, taken from GB2 EPK.

Alex
mrmichaelt liked this
By EctoPrimer
I just noticed, the Hydrogen Gas Actuator label is on the packs in some shot, but missing in others
Peter straps on the pack-missing
Busting the brothers-there
Egon after the trap-missing

Was the pack without an hga label a stunt/midgrade pack?
The semi hero packs didn't have a HGA label. Chances are (I don't know exactly which shots you're talking about) that you're seeing the guys wear a semi hero pack compared to a hero pack
By ghostfan003
I'm pretty sure the gent in the dark hair on the far right is Ivan Reitman.

wkbarkov liked this

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]