By julz
In an attempt to not completely derail Skywarps thread, I thought it best to make a new tread.

thebigone2087 wrote:Not to derail this thread, but going to back to the GB1 pack with the Clippard fitting on the ion arm itself instead of the cap... look what I found:

This is the "that wasn't so hard" scene after Gozer disappears. Compare that to Rays Ion Arm, and to me at least, it looks obvious that Venkmans fitting is on the Ion Arm itself instead of the end cap.
Yeah your right ... he is wearing the super hero :) That detail have been around for a while but I don't think anyone made a thread over it.

Both Winston and Peter wear their normal packs most of the time on the roof, but randomly wear the super hero in a couple of shots...

Not wearing it

Bill wearing it

Not wearing it

Wearing it

Not wearing it

Winston wearing it

Ahhhh you get the idea ;)
Those shots are pretty much the only time you see it apart from...

jackdoud liked this
By thebigone2087
I had never noticed the switching packs, nor the "super hero" differences. That's so cool.
By julz
Very cool indeed.

It's the sony loby pack that Vince and co documented in great detail a while back

http://www.gbfans.com/equipment/reference/33/120/

That rooftop is crazy for continuity
By julz
Ahh good call, I knew there was another good shot of it... :cool:
By PssdffJay
Why do you think they bothered to switch it out between actors? If there was only 1, what was the difference if the 3 others were regular packs?

Or was there 1 super and only 3 hero packs?
By julz
their were 5 hero packs in total, one of those 5 was the super hero used for closeups. Id say it's main purpose was for the thrower bargraph closeup.

The super hero isn't in that shot, Winston has the omni pack, and Murray ray and spengler all have their own packs on.

Ray and egon seemed to be very consistent with using their own packs all the time. But Winston and Pete swap their packs all the time, Id guess they were a similar size and either of them weren't very picky.

I'm guessing all the packs were on the set at the same time and they either grabbed a pack at random or they were presented with one if one was being fixed or tinkered with?

Pete wears Winston's pack in the lobby and elevator of the hotel scene, then switches to his when they are out of the lift...
jackdoud liked this
By julz
It's been discussed somewhere else, but the super thrower had the functioning scrolling gun bargraph, I think that's really the only detail that makes it stand out from a technical point of view.

It had the orange hat light on the top of the thrower instead of a white one, the sunken booster tube plug, the gb2 hex fitting on the arm instead of the cap.
By KagaSakai
julz wrote:It's been discussed somewhere else, but the super thrower had the functioning scrolling gun bargraph, I think that's really the only detail that makes it stand out from a technical point of view.
The hat next to the Clippard on the thrower lit as well. The other four throwers didn't feature this.
Demon Vice Commander wrote:I think Bill is wearing the Super Hero pack in this shot. ;)

He indeed is!
By julz
Oh snap :walterpeck: you're right, I was focusing on Winston's booster tube where it looked flat to me.

I'll see if I can get a better picture of it from the whole sequence...
By julz

Yeah I think you are right for sure. I tinkered with the levels on the high rez version and you can see the sunken plug.

But still the theory was right :p

None of them are wearing it in this shot... way to go Murray
By Hijacker
Felt this needed a slight bump. I'm checking to see if anyone has a clearer shot of the ribbon cable twist. In the above screen caps, it looks pretty severe coming off the cyclotron, but it's still pretty muddled and hard to see.
Hijacker wrote: I'm checking to see if anyone has a clearer shot of the ribbon cable twist. In the above screen caps, it looks pretty severe coming off the cyclotron, but it's still pretty muddled and hard to see.
Sadly, that's the best there is; Julz and I have spent hours pouring over 4K screencaps, and that's the best we could come up with... :sigh:
By CPU64
Alan Hawkins wrote:
The hat light on the Venkman Hero thrower lit up (at least in GB2):

Wow, check the bend on the trigger tip.
It's not just the tip, the whole front handle is bent up. Or left in relation to the gun.
By Hijacker
Lowberg wrote:Yea, I might order one of Freeky Geeky's. He can make the plug attached on a bolt so it's adjustable by screwing it in and out. Kinda cool.
I'm converting my GB2 hero to a GB1 super hero, so I'll end up cutting a new booster tube to match what we've seen on screen. One of the reasons I was curious about the ribbon cable was so I knew which way to flip it. Making the twist shouldn't be a big deal since we have a decent shot of the outline. Just can't really make out which way the colored cables go.
By Hijacker
I was looking around and couldn't find any reference to this, but it definitely looks like the booster tube sits taller than the other packs. There aren't any measurements on the Sony lobby ref pics to back up this claim, so all I have to go on are the pictures themselves.

-I think this is the most telling shot since you can see Ray's pack in comparison. EJGunth and I were discussing this on facebook and we agree that it looks to be around 1/4" taller than the EDA where the standard booster is around 1/8".

Looking at the Sony lobby pics, it definitely looks taller, but I don't have the photoshop skills to make exact pixel measurements, but I was able to come up with something close to 1/4" by pixels (using the 1/4 OD tube as a reference)

First up showing the semi-hero to show how short the booster is to the EDA.

Really not a whole lot of shots that show the height of the booster from this set.
By Lowberg
I'd like to think that the sunken booster tube was just a mess up on that particular pack. It's the only thing that really bugs me about my build and I'll probably end up replacing it with the taller type.

Also I know this thread is really old but its so true that after being on these boards for a while I notice the switching of packs during scenes. Like in the courtroom scene in gb2, one second one of them will being wearing a semi hero with the makita batteries and then another second they have the a hero pack on without the batteries lol

Watch right before the "do, ray, egon" part. Murray and Ramis are wearing semi hero packs and then as soon as they turn the packs on they are hero packs.. then back to semi when the chairs are flying,..haha

I love this scene. Always liked watching them gear up even if it's just packs. I used this scene for my main reference for my pack. The booster tube always bugged me too and how it switches from hero to semi.

One thing I wish we saw more of was barrel extension in GB2. It was seen only twice in GB1 but never in GB2.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

I was one of those kids who was scared of his own […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]