For users in: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin.
By Grimmy GB
Dude...that mash-up is haunting me right now. my wife wants to go as Motoko Kusanagi and me as a Ghostbuster (It's like you know us?!). In fact, here's a visor that we need to finish... http://youtu.be/lTLmr-FC8tk
Since she's in medical school, we've brought her costuming to a screeching halt, and that's when I picked up doing a GB one. If all else fails, I will be wearing my Alucard costume (From Hellsing).
From someone who has been cosplaying off and on since '98, you do what you can with what you can.
By Hooligan404
Throw the GB goggle ocular bits on to that visor, and you got a decent "mashup" start. I recently watched a DragonCon 2014 video where there was a Star Trek/Gilligan's Island mashup. If that can happen (and it was pretty impressive and amusing), then GB/Anime can easily happen! I'd help in that effort, but Ann Arbor is just a bit too far from the Kalamazoo area for quick and easy assistance. Maybe someone needs to host a "build day" on a weekend day so GB'ers can band together and help each other with various projects. So many possibilities!!
By Grimmy GB
Hooligan404 wrote:Throw the GB goggle ocular bits on to that visor, and you got a decent "mashup" start. I recently watched a DragonCon 2014 video where there was a Star Trek/Gilligan's Island mashup. If that can happen (and it was pretty impressive and amusing), then GB/Anime can easily happen! I'd help in that effort, but Ann Arbor is just a bit too far from the Kalamazoo area for quick and easy assistance. Maybe someone needs to host a "build day" on a weekend day so GB'ers can band together and help each other with various projects. So many possibilities!!
Hmmmm...that's a quite awesome idea there. I think we all need to collaborate. And honestly, I used to visit 'Zoo when we were meeting up for some of the wife's modeling stuffs. Don't frequent there anymore; not lately anyway.
By kurisu7885
Close to a year later and I still don't have a freakin flight suit and I'm scared ot order online as I have no idea how to size one >.< And I'm a big dude too.
By Zharthaddeus
Received my Nomex, size 50- long last week.
I'm 6'3", 258# and it fits great! I always make
sure there's a little extra room so when I
wash and dry it, i'm allowing for shrinkage.
I did purchase it from a military surplus store
and paid a couple dollars extra for it but I'm
happy with the results.

I hope this helps. (U of M forever!)
By Tyko
Long time reader, first time caller

Lansing, MI. Looking for local ghostheads (my wife will kill me if I make her watch ghostbusters one more time lol)
By Tyko
Long time reader, first time caller!

Lansing, MI
By Tyko
Thanks Grimmy! Looking forward to talking with like minded people. Everytime I make my wife watch one of the movies she makes me watch "dance moms." I....I just cant do that anymore...lol
By Stingercell22
Are there any Ghostbusters in Northern Michigan? I live in Petoskey, MI and I am looking to start or join a group in this area! I am working on my proton pack and uniform as I type this

By Hooligan404
I live in Kalamazoo but often go to East Jordan and visit Petosky. If you ever have an event up there and need a few more GBs, let me know and I might head up there to help out.
By Tyko
gbfamily619 wrote:Two Grand Rapids Ghostbusters here!
I used to live in GR! I have another friend there thats a big fan and cosplayer.
gbfamily619 liked this
By Tyko
Stingercell22 wrote:Are there any Ghostbusters in Northern Michigan? I live in Petoskey, MI and I am looking to start or join a group in this area! I am working on my proton pack and uniform as I type this

Your pack is motovating! Well done!
By Zharthaddeus
Yessiree!!!!!!!
Flintstone for life.
By Tyko
They fix your guys' water yet? Im in lansing, anyone nearby playing the GB board game? My kids are good but I'd prefer to not have to read the cards for everyone I'm playing with lol
deadderek liked this
By Zharthaddeus
The water situation is challenging.
By Tyko
I have a co-worker out of Flint. Said he hasn't used the water for anything in over a year. Such a messed up situation.
By Zharthaddeus
That is correct.
By Tyko
Speaking of donning the gear, I have a matty neutrino wand. Has anyone figured out how to link that bad boy to a pack speaker? I wanna start a pack soon and would prefer not having to make a wand from scratch :/ I also have the trap and pke, I didnt spring for the goggles but I might break down one day.
By Zharthaddeus
Tyko wrote:Speaking of donning the gear, I have a matty neutrino wand. Has anyone figured out how to link that bad boy to a pack speaker? I wanna start a pack soon and would prefer not having to make a wand from scratch :/ I also have the trap and pke, I didnt spring for the goggles but I might break down one day.
Sorry partner. wish I could help.
I'm opting not carrying the proton pack.
One of our fellow buster's put his on me
and that sucker was a little heavy for this
ole' timer.
I wear a backpack with my Republic Commando (Star Wars)
armor and that's heavy enough.
By Tyko
I hear ya boss. 30+ pounds on your back after a few hours can make you start to question your life choices lol. You could always make a lighter stunt pack without all the bells and whistles. In fact if anyone is near the Lansing area I would love to do a few build parties. Making a pack is fun but building with another fan might help motivate and keep me on track.

Props for the cammondo build, are you with the 501st?
By Zharthaddeus
501st: RC 9549
Pack build. I'll give that some thought.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]