By robandliv
I have been trolling Gbfans and ebay for the past 3 months buying up stuff for 2 pack builds and 3 kenner pack builds. I have always liked Ghostbusters, it was the first movie I can really remember seeing at the movies when I was a kid. I started building a pack last year that was really rushed. This year my wife said why don't we all be ghostbusters for Halloween and we even go a little extra crazy on buying stuff. I have 3 boys and my two youngest live with their mother and this will be the first year they are with us for Halloween. So here is the plan. I need to tare down my pack from last year, and rebuild it for my 10 year old step son. I tried to use a kenner one but it was way to small. Then I need to get three sets of kenner packs. My niece is also joining us for this Halloween and is going to be a ghostbuster. Then also while building kits for them I need to build me a new pack for me. I do not have a endless supply of money but my wife did say I can go a little crazy.

Here is what I have so far on the Kenner Front.
I bought to many, most were in lots will repost on ebay after I do some clean up and new stickers:

The packs were made in the 80s - 90s. Were different colors used? The last wand was a darker blue then all the others. I remember when I was a kid have the lighter blue one. Also the last wand is broken, so not sure what to do with it yet.

Not sure what to do with the extra traps after I clean them up. Was thinking about painting them to give me and my oldest son a trap each. Just going to look really small on a belt when I wear it.

Need new stickers and going to trim down the antennas.

Some extras that came with ebay buys: will resale this on ebay at some point.

Some of the stuff when I got it smelled like cigarette smoke and really do not think kids toys should have that kind of smell.
By Riggs45
I am really looking forward to this! For the broken wand tip, You could probably just build in the lip with an epoxy putty (The same stuff most people use for faux welds)

Keep the updates coming. This looks like fun.
By robandliv
So I started tearing down my first pack, which I built in a hurry last year using a SC shell.

Here is what it used to look like:

Here it is stripped down:

SC shell is vacuumformed and I really wanted to do something to make the shell stronger. I really like Riggs' Studio Creations Build. He used some old window blinds to thicken the walls of the shell. First I was thinking I would run to Home Depot and buy some replacement blinds to cut up for my shell.

But I stumbled in to this at Home Depot"

Look what I found when you pulled out the drawer..... I stuck GOLD!!!!!

So I was thinking I could glue this all over the inside of my shell and then also use them for the plates that go on the outside of the shell around the Synchronous. I know a lot of people used fiberglass for the inside of there SC shells and that is cool. But with having to get 5 people ready for Halloween I have to look for the free or cheaper way sometimes. I am looking at $3 for the glue and these tiles were free.

So I started gluing them on:

The SC Shell comes in two parts and I saw different ways to connect them on GBfans. I think rivets looked the cleanest.

Since I glued all these squares inside. The inside of the shell started to look like a puzzle. I wanted to make it look a little cleaner and also had some some more support to the shell. I decided to do what Riggs did in his post again. I bought some of that Flex Seal to spray the over everything in the inside. Since i was not using fiberglass I was thinking this might be a great way to keep the parts i glued on and make the pack have a cleaner look.

The corner of this part of the pack was really weak. I could used my finger and push it back and forth. I was thinking it might develop a hole in this part of the pack at some point. It looks now that after I sprayed the seal I do not have to worry about that anymore.
Last edited by Kingpin on June 6th, 2015, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed forum stretching
twmedford23 liked this
By robandliv
So I have been placing some of my parts on my SC shell and the Boosters I have are not matching the angle. I bought one from bob before I read his reviews and another came with a fiberglass shell I bought off eBay. So I check the cut on the Boosters and they are cut at 45 degrees. I do not have an angle finder yet to figure out the angle on the shell. Has anyone else ran into this issue? I thought I would ask here first before I spent 5 bucks at harbor freight for a angle finder. I did take a picture, but posting this question at work and will add that later to show you guys what I mean.
By Riggs45
I had cut the angle on my Booster tube at 45 as well. It didnt line up great either with the angle of the shell. The angle on the shell is a little more (on mine anyway) I ended up taking a bit out the back bottom portion with a dremel (My chop saw only goes to 45) of the tube to get it to line up a little better. I didnt need it exact because I did the weld. I think the angle is a little more closer to 50 then 45 on the shell. Does that answer your question?
By robandliv
Yeah, thanks Riggs45. I think I will buy a angle finder just in case. I just wanted to make sure othe people had this problem too. I will post the angle once I find out what it is.
By robandliv
So I went and got an angle finder. Here is what I found out.

The SC Shell is at 45 degrees

I bought a fiberglass shell on eBay for 200 plus parts from halloweenking999. After trying to put some of the parts from this buy on my SC shell I am thinking the Halloweeking999 is a copy of Bob's shell. The Angle is 55 degrees.

Here is the eBay shell with Bob's booster on it.

Here is the booster that came with the eBay buy.

How far does the booster go over the pack? and the plug is it supposed to stick out so far?

Bob's

eBay

Also take a look at these parts before you buy from either seller

ebay Booster Frame that came with shell. It is really bad.

So here is another reason why I think this seller copied Bob's

White HGA (eBay Seller) Black HGA Bob's, look at the welds. They look the same on each HGA which makes me think this guy copied Bob’s pack.
I am going to have to throw the white one away I think, the bottom is not even cut straight.

I also got an Iron Arm. White one eBay and Black one is Bob’s. Both of these are too short. Again if you look at the welds they look the same on each. I think it is another copy of Bob's parts. Now Bob’s is not that bad and I can work with it. I am thinking about cutting off the welds on bob's Iron Arm and HGA and redoing them to make them cleaner. The white one I got with my pack from eBay is really bad. The back is not cut straight again. Also it is very short. I am not sure you can tell that by the pictures.
By robandliv
With work, family, and working on my masters I have not been working on my own packs. He is a little update I have so far.

Another GBFAN that I have been emailing with about making a smaller version, last week emailed me and wanted to know if I wanted to buy the pack he built for his son a few years ago. After thinking about the parts still needed and the time. Oh yeah and making sure my wife was ok with me spending some money, I told him I had to have it. Jamie did a great job on it. My wife was even more excited seeing it when I was. She even showed pictures of it at work today like we just had a new baby.

Here is his link to his pack he made for his son:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =2&t=26042

I have been working on trying to get ready to clean up my Kenner Packs. I looked at Home Depot and Lowes for a paint to use to repaint them. I could not really find one that matched 100%

I ordered a copy of the stickers sheets from ebay:

I really do not care of the image quality of them. I was wondering if anyone has any better copies they could share.

I also ordered some new yellow tubes to replace the tubing for the packs and traps. I only needed 25ft of each size but you had to order in 100ft.

I got these for USPlastics.com

Tubing for the Trap looks really close.

Tubing for the pack, original on the left and replacement on left. Not an exact match but close.

This is my tester pack. Any one know how to take Ryan's name off? I tried the dish washer, light sanding paper, and an magic eraser.

Also last month I got to meet some of the people from the local club. It was really cool to nerd out with some people about building packs. That's me in the middle!!!

By robandliv
I have not updated in awhile. Here is something I learned in the past few weeks.

Bondo and styrofoam do not mix. Last weekend I build a nice looking ghost trap - getting ready for our ghostbuster Halloween - out of foam board from the $1 store. When I put bondo on it to give it some weight and fill in the cracks it melted. Who knew?

So here is some of my pictures of my new stunt trap made out of wood I started yesterday. I hope to finish it this weekend.

Any one ever put plastic dip paint on wood to make is more smooth looking? I used one of the cheapest woods available at home depot. After filling in the cracks and sanding it. Now starting to put paint on it. The wood grain is still showing threw. Anyone used plastic dip paint to hide wood grain?
By gamera1968
Awesome, job so far and I love the trap.

Keep up the good work and you'll be done by Halloween.
By gamera1968
Awesome, job so far and I love the trap. :cool:

Keep up the good work and you'll be done by Halloween.
By robandliv
So I have not done any updates on what happen this pass Halloween. My wife asked if I could take a GB break for a few months. I am slowly getting back it to it. So here we go....
Here are some pics of my trap made from foam board before it melted when I put bondo on it…. So sad (I think I deleted the pics from my last post from photobucket, sorry for the broken links)
Here is my wood stunt trap I built.
First I did finish my Stunt Trap before Halloween…
I am hoping to make a better one maybe this year, love that 3d printed one.
I built my own holster for the trap. If you have not tried doing this yourself it is not that hard. Found some great plans here on gbfans.com and got some black leather from Michaels.
Here me and my first pack in 2014, I just wanted something to throw on my back…
Now back to getting my family ready for Halloween!!!
Here is my step son getting his flight suit and pack of for the first time…
Here we are at the military surplus store trying on suits, he is not really feeling it.
It’s a little long.
But when we got home. I let him put his pack on and he can start to see it coming together.
Here is a better picture of his pack. I bought it off another gbfan who son had out grown it.
Now back to my Pack
While waiting for my parts to come in. I ran by the local hockey rink and got some pucks. Just $1 each. My saw sliced them up really easily. But the rubber makes a giant mess. Just like saw dust make sure you give yourself room.
Wonder what parts look like on it? I could not wait to get my parts I ordered in to see what they looked like in place.
After drilling holes for all he parts wanted to see what it looked like with a wand hanging on it?
Spray on texture. Went on really easy.
Installing cables…

The Draft House showed Ghostbusters the weekend before Halloween. We had to go test out our gear!!!!
He is still learning to hold the wand.
My stepson working it. I got him excited about going say if you put your gear on people will want to take pictures with you. And they did he loved it and had a wonderful time.
The week of Halloween my wife came to me and was sad that she did not have a costume to wear. She asked for me to build Louis’s helmet. So I was off and only had a week, plus other little parts I was getting ready for everyone else.
She did not want to wear my suite…
Here I am at Wal-Mart trying out colanders on my head. Note, if you buy something at Wal-Mart make sure you wash it first. It maybe have been on someone’s head.
They did not have one with a star pattern so I got my drill out and make it into one. Also cut off the bottom and handles.
Day or so before the party I started laying stuff out and see what we had.
Kid’s outfits
My pack and stepsons gear
Halloween Party!!!!!!
Getting the party together…
My youngest son made the ghost. He was only 5 at the time.
We made Windy City Ghostbuster – Ecto Cooler. We were thinking only make a little most people might not want to drink it because it is green. IT WAS A HIT. We had to keep making it throughout the party.

This is my Family…. My wife and kids and our two best friends and their kids.
My wife (as Louis) and one of her friends (as Janine).
Our best friend’s daughters. My wife made the Stay Puff outfit by hand.
My middle son trying to be cool for the camera.
Getting ready to walk out the door.
The kids getting some candy
Putting it away for next year…..
We have a really good time getting ready for Halloween. It will be one, I remember for the rest of our lives. There are still things I want to build and parts I want to upgrade on my pack, but I am so happy I can say I have a Proton Pack. I hope the group enjoys our pictures and I am so glad to have found this group. There are so many great postings on here that I took from and it I really appreciate everyone that shares their ideas. Thank you all for helping my family and friends have a great 2015 Halloween.
By DarkSpectre
This is awesome! My wife currently busts with us. my son has discovered Mario Bros but since one of my guy's 5 year old daughter is really into it, he's kinda coming around

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]