By JoeLuna33
Many prople have seen these on facebook but I figured I would share the higher res versions. Monolith21 (aka Mark) and myself had pretty much unrestricted acces to the new pack on Preview Night at San Diego Comic Con this past Wednesday. A Sony rep had brought the pack from the Los Angeles prop house that built 27 of them for the production. This particular pack was due to be on set on 7/27/15. Mark and I got to hold the wand for the pack while the pack body was prepped to be locked in the case inside the Mattel booth. Please enjoy the pictures. :love:

:love: Please feel free to save them for reference. I hope these will help anyone that wants to build a GB16 pack. :love:
Last edited by JoeLuna33 on October 18th, 2015, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingpin, Austin, MightyAni liked this
Austin wrote:One question I have, were the grips on the thrower rubber or plastic/resin?
They felt like rubber. Most definitely not resin
Austin, fifth_beatle liked this
It's hard to explain, they felt like pretty much any rubber hand grip you've ever felt.
Yep 27, and it was confirmed that each of the ladies will have their own unique sticker on their pack.
By Austin
JoeLuna33 wrote:It's hard to explain, they felt like pretty much any rubber hand grip you've ever felt.
Gotcha. :cool:
JoeLuna33 wrote:Yep 27, and it was confirmed that each of the ladies will have their own unique sticker on their pack.
Excited to see what the other two are. Did they confirm who the two stickers we've seen so far belong to?
CPU64 wrote:Parts are falling off already?

Yeah, I can see the piping already coming off the digital readout box in the top left portion of the pack. I'm sure we'll be able to build better looking and sturdier versions of these packs, just as we do with the OG packs. I don't know about everyone else, but I love how "OG" actually applies to this (original Ghostbusters).
So I see the little "half cup" thing at the bottom of the pack where you put the tip of the wand. What I can't figure out is how the wand actually connects to the pack. Like on the OG packs we use male/female v-hooks. I couldnt see a hook or bracked on the wand or left side of the pack.

Also, there are lots of switches. I wonder what they all do in the movie and in real life
Ejgunth87 wrote:
CPU64 wrote:Parts are falling off already?

Yeah, I can see the piping already coming off the digital readout box in the top left portion of the pack. I'm sure we'll be able to build better looking and sturdier versions of these packs, just as we do with the OG packs. I don't know about everyone else, but I love how "OG" actually applies to this (original Ghostbusters).
I don't think it's really a case of "already coming off". If you look, it appears to only have ever been attached on the underside of the pipe in the first place. It looks like it's still securely welded in place, so I really don't think it's "falling off" as CPU64 implies. It's also welded to the brackets that bolt to the rings, so I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon.
I would LOVE to commission one of these. I know there is no way to have one done by Halloween - my budget wouldn't allow it anyway. But maybe we could talk about something early in 2017? This is definitely going to be my costume for at least the next few years, plus cosplay for my local comicon

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]