By Hammer
So a few weeks ago I snatched up a nice Iona on the Ebay for $20 shipped. I've been watching and felt like this was a good enough deal to jump on. I had already decided I was going for a static, eye candy prop....kinda like my trap build. There's no way I'm going to jam servos and shit in this. My goal is for it to look good hanging from the belt.

A few days ago, this happened

Then it started rolling pretty fast

Then I built up the front for the display on the top

Then played nice with some styrene. Not going to lie here...this was a pain in the ass. It was at this point I decided to go somewhere between Matty version and screen accurate.

Tonight I worked on the back side.....Of course, very few will ever see it but I liked this detail

So now I'm waiting on the primer to dry. I've got a rough cut of the wings. I'll size those up tomorrow. I've ordered some 1/8" clear acrylic rod for the lights on the wings....even though they'll never really light up.

So far, so good.....updates to follow.
alphabeta001 liked this
By Hammer
I'd like to go further with it but for now, this will suffice.

I worked on the original sparkles...

Don't fret....the wings may only be temporary. Plus they're an 1/8" too thin.....

And the last for the night, the seldom seen backside....

More to follow. Enjoy.
By Borzou
Great build! Can't wait to see more!
By Cornelius
Very nice indeed! You're going a lot faster than I am! ;-)
By abaka
That paint job is fantastic...How did you go about doing it?

Going to be starting my own PKE very soon!!
By Hammer
Thanks for the compliments!
That paint job is fantastic...How did you go about doing it?
First was several coats of primer and light sanding. I had some heavier scratches in the plastic I wanted to cover well. The base coat was the same black satin I used on my pack. I've become a huge fan of the newer Krylon CoverMaxx line. It lays well and the dry time is relatively quicker than some other premium rattle paints.

Next I dusted with a silver/chrome. I held the can about 6 feet away and just guessed at the coverage. I knew I didn't really want the paint, just the metal flake.

Finally, I thought I had too much "sparkle" so I did the same dusting process with the original base coat of satin black. I felt like this gave a more subtle look to the metal flake. It's still there but it doesn't immediately jump out. It really reminded me of an overspray look. I've had that from time to time with various projects when I'm spraying a metallic paint and didn't move or cover up other projects sitting out.

With all that said, honestly....I'm not sure if it was a real technique. I just made it up as I went...lol
Borzou liked this
    PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]