Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
Forgot/messed up on list
This Post Contains Spoilers
By PssdffJay
mrmichaelt wrote:
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I'll double check that. Thanks, PssdffJay. And you're welcome!

More easter eggs
Kingpin wrote:Michael, thanks for digging up the reference to "Funny you should scream", as it happens I referred to it only the other day in the Reboot sub-forum, but couldn't remember the specifics. :)
You're welcome, Kingpin.

All the same, I'm hoping that dog chewed up the white board and chalkboard, too, before he headed downstairs. ;)
Razorgeist wrote:You know I was wondering if Erik chose "Janine Melnitz Ghostbuster" as a framing device because of how ambiguous Proteus' fate was in that episode.
Once I saw the 'extra scenes' that appeared in Issue #1 and #3, I realized how open ended that episode was. But for Proteus, even before the comic, I assumed his Achilles heel was to his own abilities and thus the energy overload created by the feedback loop of the mirrors blew him and his building up. If anything, his physical body was discorporated and essence blown away to another dimension. imo.
By Fritz
I figure that with #4 coming out this week, I should get off my ass and post my snark on #3.

Fritz Babbles About Ghostbusters Get Real #3
Story

Kylie and Janine stranded in Tokyo with the Megatrap holding the Cerberus manifestation... hilarious! Figured it would end in the embassy but too bad they couldn't fit in a panel of Janine calling Peck on the phone and him not believing her or something funny. But that last panel with the ghost. Yeah...

Considering the damage done to the Firehouse from the end of the Mass Hysteria! arc, the TMNT/GB arc and now in this issue... what is the heck is their insurance premiums like?

Rather brilliant to utilize Proteus' pet peeve to weaken him in-story (and set up his demise), show future cases in the RGB, and seed the future of the IDW canon. Obviously one is the Sandman in the upcoming annual but the other three visions... it'll be fun to see how they figure. Also loved the irony of another god forcing Winston to make a hard choice in the Firehouse basement. At least this time, it doesn't involve him dying...shrug.

Favorite line: "We met weird versions of ourselves with boring hair and then got zapped into limbo by some guy in a toga."

As I thought, nice sync up to the end of "Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster" and neat to see some more 'extra scenes' added in. Nice touch to show Claudia was okay.

Easter Eggs So Far
By gboy6
More Get Real #4 eggs
gboy6 wrote:
Not going to lie... the last two panels creep me out way more than they should... that thing is HAUNTING and I realize the pun but I can't think of any better word to describe the feeling. It's just... REALLY unsettling.
zeta otaku wrote:Not going to lie... the last two panels creep me out way more than they should... that thing is HAUNTING and I realize the pun but I can't think of any better word to describe the feeling. It's just... REALLY unsettling.
My thoughts exactly. Cant wait for volume 3 though.
By Kingpin

All in all, this has been one hell of an arc, which was over too soon. :) If anything, I think this speaks for how well IDW handles the Real Ghostbusters property, and any dip into that arm of the franchise again would always be welcome.

I think it's fair to say Get Real is one of my all-time favourite arcs in the IDW series, and it's because of how well they captured the look, feel and spirit of the title.

And I'm really glad the comic is going into a third volume next year. Can't wait to pick up the annual. :)
mrmichaelt liked this
Kingpin wrote:
All in all, this has been one hell of an arc, which was over too soon. :) If anything, I think this speaks for how well IDW handles the Real Ghostbusters property, and any dip into that arm of the franchise again would always be welcome.

I think it's fair to say Get Real is one of my all-time favourite arcs in the IDW series, and it's because of how well they captured the look, feel and spirit of the title.

And I'm really glad the comic is going into a third volume next year. Can't wait to pick up the annual. :)
Couldn't agree more with ya.
Kingpin wrote:

Same here cant wait to get the trade. I kind of wish they could have thrown an extra issue in there. I've said this before but it bears repeating ...is there anyway we can get the team nominated for an Eisner award?
So now the Ghostbusters go globe trotting!
http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... nal-series

including the potential for new hires! Who ever could take such an extreme task as covering for the OGBs in New York? I don't know, with Kylie & Eduardo all ready introduced, and Roland in the background a few times, it's might be that "obvious"

or could we be seeing some all new recruits?
By Kingpin
I'd actually go with new recruits who are original characters. And it has been a while since we last saw a certain blond-haired Ghostsmasher.
Here's hoping that the Ghostbusters enjoy a stopover in the United Kingdom.
Intriguing but confusing. A typical NYCC announcement. :wink:
Kingpin wrote:I'd actually go with new recruits who are original characters. And it has been a while since we last saw a certain blond-haired Ghostsmasher.
Jenny is with PCOC now but I'm not against her strapping on a pack again.
Razorgeist wrote:So is this a 2nd series or is the 3rd volume of the ongoing going to have a new title?
Essentially, Ongoing Series Volume 3. Erik Burnham said this much and here.
This is technically volume 3; trades may well kick off at #10. (As New GBs started at #5.) Dunno yet.
The title may revert (like New GB) or it may not. But this is the new ongoing
For now, this is the new ongoing title.
By mrmichaelt
This week's Interdimensional Crossrip podcast featured an interview from Dan Schoening who said some interesting things. Starting at the 1:15:30 mark or so:

1) ANNUAL 2015

The annual takes place around 5 days to a week after the events of Ghostbusters: Get Real #4.

2) GET REAL #2

Some other universes either not allowed or there was no room for included LEGO versions, female versions of the guys, a team that was ghosts (not the Peoplebusters), a team with just Janine Melnitz and Louis Tully, and a team led by Melanie Ortiz with some females.

3) GET REAL #4

The woman in Proteus' visions is related to where Kylie and Janine got sent to.

So gboy6 appears to have called it. ;)

4) GET REAL TRADE PAPERBACK

Some of the parallel dimensions seen in Issue #2 were changed in the trade to show other continuities.

5) VOLUME 3

The crew is going to try something with what Elaine predicted in Ghostbusters II.

Maybe there's something in Issue #2 since that comes out in February 2016.

Get Real #4 sold 8325 units. Down from #3 but still solid number and solid sales overall for the mini (#1 was 15524, #2 was 9218, and #3 was 9730).
By Kingpin
mrmichaelt wrote:2) GET REAL #2

Some other universes either not allowed or there was no room for included LEGO versions, female versions of the guys, a team that was ghosts (not the Peoplebusters), a team with just Janine Melnitz and Louis Tully, and a team led by Melanie Ortiz with some females.
Shame. I especially would've loved to have seen their take on the LEGO versions. :)
Some of the parallel dimensions seen in Issue #2 were changed in the trade to show other continuities.
A curious development, will have to check that out when the time comes.
The crew is going to try something with what Elaine predicted in Ghostbusters II.
Valentine's Day. Bummer.
mrmichaelt liked this
By Fritz
mrmichaelt wrote:[Some other universes either not allowed or there was no room for included LEGO versions, female versions of the guys, a team that was ghosts (not the Peoplebusters), a team with just Janine Melnitz and Louis Tully,
Ungh. Glad that one got axed--bad for my digestion.
and a team led by Melanie Ortiz with some females.
The former Ghost Smashers? Or would they have looked like Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon, etc? :lol:
4) GET REAL TRADE PAPERBACK

Maybe that's where Melissa McCarthy and Kate McKinnon will be :lol:
By mrmichaelt
Noticed something new-ish in IDW's NYCC wrap up but for Ghostbusters International they had a new blurb. Of note, I bolded:
This January there’s something strange in the neighborhood... and whether that neighborhood is in New York City or Venice, Italy, the Ghostbusters will be there! After a bust at the United Nations, the boys in gray are engaged to investigate an Old-World haunting, where they begin to unravel a mystery that sends them around the globe (while still trying to keep their contract with the City, County, and State of New York!). Series writer Erik Burnham and artist Dan Schoening invite you to join them for the next chapter in the Ghostbusters history!
The CBR article, they tried to be a little vague with a connective mystery. But nice to see a bit more.

It will be so interesting to see who comes back to fill in at the NYC branch:

1) Melanie and Jenny is still a question mark for since considering their elevated positions have kept them busy. Melanie is on her own 'Haunted America' arc as FBI liaison and Jenny is a PCOC liaison. Would Peck let a PCOC employee suit up?

2) Or will they pull in the some or all 4 of the Chicago GB to NYC and doom Chicago again?

3) Some completely new characters? That could be a breath of fresh air. Or fans might organize and storm Brainerd.

4) Will Eduardo strap on a pack?

5) Will Roland and Garrett be formally introduced? The former has a cameo/easter egg at Winston and Tiyah's wedding.

6) Could the other two Rookies from The Video Game debut after a few references here and then in the ongoing?

7) Rachel Ungligh -- Nah.

Other residual thoughts on the announcement -- I can understand now why Erik said we weren't getting a new Haunted America story arc. It's a Haunted World now. lol.

It's also amusing that with Ghostbusters International, the IDW canon has garnered another similarity to The Real Ghostbusters -- globe trotting cases.

And I think the January solicits drop this coming week so we might get no info, we might not. At least the Diamond order codes so we can preorder the heck out of this.

EDIT 10/19: Annual appears done. And Erik posted a preview of a section of the World the Psychic story.
Tyrael liked this
Solicit is out and pretty much verbatim of IDW's NYCC summary above.
There's something strange in the neighborhood... and whether that neighborhood is in New York City or Venice, Italy, the Ghostbusters will be there! After a bust at the United Nations, the boys in gray are engaged to investigate an Old World haunting, where they begin to unravel a mystery that sends them around the globe (while still trying to keep their contract with the City, County, and State of New York!). Join us for the next chapter in Ghostbusters history - because you demanded it: GHOSTBUSTERS INTERNATIONAL!
Order code is NOV150348.
Tyrael liked this

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker scen[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]