Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By 910dohead
The Hot Wheels Ecto-1 & 1A 2 pack is all that I am looking for now and I can't find it. It's driving me nuts! It doesn't come up in Wal-Mart or Target's systems so I am thinking it might be an exclusive to another retailer? They are littered all over ebay so someone is finding them somewhere. I've literally come across every newly released item except for this, the nerf-like blaster and the no-ghost plush.
By below_radar_00
910dohead wrote:Persistence pays off! I finally found the 4 classic Ghostbusters and I found the mini trap! I picked it up for a friend and was totally surprised I found it. It's pretty cool as it folds into a mini playset
This Post Contains Spoilers

These are basically the removable pack Ghostbusters minus the streams. Other than the collect-and-connect No-Ghost Logo, there are no accessories with these. Also, the easiest way to tell these apart from any of the other Matty figures is there are no black patches on the elbow pads. Apparently, Mattel couldn't spring for the extra penny per figure to paint them on. So if you haven't been able to pick up the removable pack sets you can now and save a little money.

Here is a shot of my setup and how good they all look together. Plus showing off that awesome glow in the dark no-ghost logo. Makes for a great centerpiece!

I can't remember if this has been talked about before but how much are the classic figures? I'm assuming $20 each.
By toby88
I was able to find the "NewBusters" figures from my local TRU in Brandon, FL. Including the 2016 Proton Pack, the squishy bug eyed Slimer, the mini figures, the mini new Ecto-1, and the Slimer with the stretchy tongue that makes noise.

I checked 2 out of the 3 local Wal-Marts, and 1 had the NewBusters 6 inch ( the figures were stacked on top of the toy shelve, like they were hiding them, but since I'm tall I spotted them) Wal-Mart also carried the Classic Hot Wheel Ecto-1 and Ecto-1A.

I can not find the new release of the Classic GBs from Mattel. I figure those will be sell out first, so I've been keeping an eye out. Planning on going to TRU tonight and the another Wal-Mart.

My local Target has nothing in the store, I asked, they haven't heard of getting in new GB items, so we'll see.
By delta88
I seem to remember an article or press release that indicated Mattel would be producing an Ecto-1 that could house figures? I'm curious if that ended up being the Mini Ecto-1? Anyone remember this news?
By below_radar_00
delta88 wrote:I seem to remember an article or press release that indicated Mattel would be producing an Ecto-1 that could house figures? I'm curious if that ended up being the Mini Ecto-1? Anyone remember this news?
Yea, they wanted pre-orders to see if there was enough interest in actually making it. From what I can remember, they never even made a prototype. They had a cardboard cutout of what it was going to look like. But they didn't get enough pre-orders so the project died.

Here are two videos I found on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehAlIdoHB6k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHCXJDla7LE
By 910dohead
I forgot to mention that when I picked up the 4 classic Ghostbusters, I opened up that case they came in. There are 6 figures in each box with Venkman and Stantz coming 2 to per case. Those of you who are looking for a Winston or Spengler might have a hard time locating them. I don't understand why they just don't make a case assortment of 8 and put two of each character?
By Bigfoot_MO
Just saw a full case of classic figures at Walmart, but for 19.86 a piece I passed. I didnt realize they didnt have streams either. They had two unopened boxes of the new minifigs also.

The TRU down the street had the new sets, pack and talking slimer. But I too cannot seem to find any of the hotwheels series.
By EctoVR6
I am to the point where I want to send Sony a gigantic tank of lube, with a note saying something about here for giving us a raw deal for 30 years that we collected this stuff, and now that you are raping the franchise we love you decide to give us what we wanted all along. The lube is for when they get raped at the box office for making this retarded movie, sounds like its going to be a smash, according to YouTube video likes.

Not buying the toys or seeing the movie.

Actually going to work on selling what I have of the Matty Shit as well. Worthless now that it's re-released. Gonna need some of that lube to take a screwing on what I paid.
deadderek liked this
By Travis Burrell

Picked all this up from the local ToysRus. They were not supposed to set this out till the 10th according to another ToysRus in my area. lol.
By JoeLuna33
I saw the classic guys at my local Walmart so they should be out any time

Interesting note: the dude in the toy dept told me that the boxes they got of GB stuff had a street date of May 10th not May 1st. That included the Hot Wheels and other reboot toys. I asked if he meant the 1st but he was sure it was the 10th.
By below_radar_00
Oddly enough, the Ecto-1 is now showing as available for online purchase at Target.com. Nothing else though...just the Ecto-1. It also says that they are in stock at three of my four local stores. I called all of them to see if any GB stuff was out and three of them said nothing was out (including the Ecto-1 that the website says is in stock) and the one I found stuff at the other day said they still have things sitting there.

I asked two of them about a street date for the items and they said they didn't know of one. The wait continues.
By Travis Burrell
Oh yeah. I have this also. I forgot to upload this image.

I would assume on top of the Street Release Dates that stores have, there might be the issue with all of the stores planograms changing over to Summer. Whenever that stores planogram is supposed to change over, that's probably when you will see that stuff on the shelf. They have a deadline as to when they are supposed to have their new planogram done by.

That could be another issue.
By 910dohead
JoeLuna33 wrote:I saw the classic guys at my local Walmart so they should be out any time

Interesting note: the dude in the toy dept told me that the boxes they got of GB stuff had a street date of May 10th not May 1st. That included the Hot Wheels and other reboot toys. I asked if he meant the 1st but he was sure it was the 10th.
Just so there is no confusion on street date.
By below_radar_00
featofstrength wrote:Video review:
I hadn't noticed this until the video review you posted but Patty's box is different from the rest. I looked at my figures and it's the same way. Looked at a few photos in this thread and same here too.
By 910dohead
I took this at a Walmart near me. All of the boxes look like this for the line. The only difference is the size and shape of box and product assortment and description.
By Havoc0213
Managed to locate Peter and Ray but it's getting to be a pain locating Egon and Winston before other people.

On another note, even though I said I wouldn't consider buying anything from the reboot until I see it, I picked up the hot wheels. I still stand by my word when it comes the the rest of the merch though.
By below_radar_00
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Just saw this pop up on Amazon:

http://smile.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-Sl ... ostbusters

Looks like they may have slimed classic versions of the minis too. I went back and looked at the Ghost Corps case image from page 1 and now I do see a little slime jar down there with the classic blind bags.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the Rowan on Amazon isn't accurate. The first shot of him has some crazy head. I opened mine up today thinking that maybe his body opened up and another head was in there but nada. Wonder if there's another Rowan figure that's going to come out eventually or if that was just a botched idea from the prototyping phase?

By Havoc0213
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

below_radar_00 wrote:Just saw this pop up on Amazon:

http://smile.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-Sl ... ostbusters

Looks like they may have slimed classic versions of the minis too. I went back and looked at the Ghost Corps case image from page 1 and now I do see a little slime jar down there with the classic blind bags.
My buddy found these slime containers at a Walmart. I haven't seen them in person myself, but there are green and pink slime containers. From the looks of it the green containers have ghostbuster mini figures in them while the pink ones have ghosts, and they come in a box of 12 (6 of each color). I don't know what the actual prices are but I highly doubt they are $25 like in the amazon link. lol

This Post Contains Spoilers
Last edited by Havoc0213 on May 5th, 2016, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By B-Rad
making some progress at one of my local targets, they didn't have much out but it's a start. They had the larger and smaller keychain plushes that you squeeze and make sound. Also the ecto 1 for the minis and the proton pack, Walmart still has nothing. I ended up just ordering the classic figures from matty so I could get the stream but I'm still on the hunt for the hothweels classic car set.

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]