Does anyone know of where one can get a larger sized kidney belt? Open fully mine cuts off circulation (too many Twinkes and Nestle Crunch bars). I took it off and put a regular pistol belt on until I can pull off some weight.
I picked up a set of LC1 straps off the evil bay and I want to check with the experts. They came in and are not the same colour and the straps don't line up where they are sewed. Is this supposed to be like that. After a day of trying to send photos to the sender, issues with eBay and photos, she says to send it back and she will issue a refund. I just want a set that matches colour and strap location. Unless this is normal. What are your thoughts?

And finally a photo used in the ad. She has multiple sets so it is obviously not the photo of the sent item but it looks like it lines up to me in this photo.

Is there any text on the back side? It can be tough to get the exact same color on both straps. I would be more concerned that both straps are from the same brand. I have around 6-7 pairs and I think only 1 pair looks identical. Unless you paid a fortune for them and really want them to be the same color I wouldn't have a problem with them. They appear to be the same brand. If I recall even the screen used straps weren't exactly the same.

Really in the end it's up to you what is acceptable on your pack. But I think it's pretty normal for straps to vary slightly. Do you really think anyone will notice? Plus LC-1 straps are getting harder to find (for a decent price) so are you willing to send them back and continue the search?
PssdffJay liked this
Alice equipment is issued in what I believe to be Army OD Shade 107, after years of use the colors do tend to fade. Finding vintage straps that absolutely match is going to be difficult. Different manufacturers would have different standards that they would make their straps, along with what the military specs would need. The problem here is the only way to see the differences is once you have the straps in hand as the NSN numbers would be the same across the board.
PssdffJay liked this
Kinda off topic, depending on how you look at it, but what is the best to use for the cylindrical foam that sits on the very top of the frame, and what is the most screen accurate way of installing it?
I did a pretty in-depth photo tutorial in my latest build thread on that very subject
It seems like pipe insulation that's cut down the centre line and taped to the alice frame with cloth duct tape or gaffer tape

It seems to sit flush next to the alice frame but not fully surrounding it. The outer tape holds it all together and attaches it to the alice frame.

You can see how it's taped on to the alice frame here...

A theory of mine is the white inside the foam is the protective powder coating that come with some insulation to stop it sticking to the pipes during insulation.

So I ran into a WTF last night when looking over my 2 LC-1 Alice Frames. In the image above the vertical bar has a section (dimple) in the middle which comes out. On one of my frames this is exactly like the picture above. The other is inverted, so it pops out towards the pack wearer. Is this still screen accurate? Or must I find another frame now? I would think this would prevent the bolt from lying flush against the vertical bar too.
To my knowledge, it's supposed to pop up towards the wearer, which is why Nickatron's rubber spacers have a recess on the rounded spacer, as seen here (click the image to go to his store)...

So, if I'm looking at it correctly, the one you have photographed above would be the correct frame to use...
pyhasanon wrote:To my knowledge, it's supposed to pop up towards the wearer, which is why Nickatron's rubber spacers have a recess on the rounded spacer, as seen here (click the image to go to his store)...

So, if I'm looking at it correctly, the one you have photographed above would be the correct frame to use...
Yeah I got those spacers from Nickatron yesterday and on the frame I was going to mount just noticed that the dimple was facing the wrong way. I was freaking out when I notice my other frame pointed the correct way. But I am wondering if anyone else encountered this, and what it means per say. Are there LC-1 frames that have this configuration? Has anyone else encountered this?
I want to say that the ones that have the "dimple" facing towards the wearer are the original vintage frames, and the ones facing the opposite (away from the wearer) are MILSPEC frames... I hear tons of horror stories about MILSPEC frames snapping really easy, so I would go to the original vintage frames, in my opinion... Also, I believe the MILSPEC frames do not have the mounting holes for the two bottom spacers, which means you have to drill them out yourself, but I could be wrong...
pyhasanon wrote:I want to say that the ones that have the "dimple" facing towards the wearer are the original vintage frames, and the ones facing the opposite (away from the wearer) are MILSPEC frames... I hear tons of horror stories about MILSPEC frames snapping really easy, so I would go to the original vintage frames, in my opinion... Also, I believe the MILSPEC frames do not have the mounting holes for the two bottom spacers, which means you have to drill them out yourself, but I could be wrong...
Nope, they both look and feel authentic. In fact the dimpled one even has the number on it (whereas the other doesn't). Both have the mounting holes on the bottom. The picture below is of the 2 of them, the one on the right has the dimple the wrong way.

I just got a Rothco frame, and I went about attaching the straps to it. I bought a set of GB1 type straps several years ago from a user here. The shoulder and waist straps went on with no problem, but the kidney pad doesn't fit. The strap that goes through the oval rings is too short - when I feed them through the rings, I can't reach the turnbuckle to both bolts. Has anyone else had this problem? I though these frames were all one size? Or could this pad have come from some totally different frame?
Is there any strength difference between the LC 2 and LC 1 Frames? I have been lucky and I've never had a frame snap on any of my packs but I'm starting to piece together my 3rd pack and I was just curious.
My question is this: I've looked at Stefan's blueprint for the Alice frame, but it doesn't give a dimension for the beginning of the bend (or I'm not seeing it). I know it's a 160 degree bend, but how long is it from beginning of bend to end of tube, or beginning of bend to top?
Madness wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 7:45 am Looking to pick up an Alice 2 pack any links to buy one the main post links at Ohmahas is dead.
eBay is probably your best bet these days. The auctions may not list whether a frame/strap set is Mark II, but the photos... Assuming they aren't stock photos... Should be the giveaway.
NotSabbat liked this

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]