Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
savintheday wrote:I was referring more to the "universal life-source", "mass consciousness" and "humiliation algorithm" stuff. I love Dan and I get what he's saying, but man is he out there.
I did like the human algorithm part! I took some classes in the past about Internet search engines, and they would have been ten times more interesting if we'd taken the human factor into account, and the tendency for the negative to top search results. We think the results we're given must just be correct and normal, we don't realize how much we manipulate them in daily life.
Sav C liked this
Apparently, she thinks Black Lives Matter is a farce:
You know my position on Black Lives Matter. But just in case, allow me to tell you the cause is a fraud.

I know it, you know it, and the rest of America knows that Black Lives Matter is a bogus as Dolly Pardon’s breasts. But Black Lives Matter helps Leftists BANK!

These suckers make crazy money on the equally crazy notion that America is bad for blacks. Africa is bad for blacks, not America.
I like how Dan doesn't have a laptop or iPhone because he doesn't want them to get hacked due to confidential UFO material LOL. That's awesome.
SpaceBallz wrote:I like how Dan doesn't have a laptop or iPhone because he doesn't want them to get hacked due to confidential UFO material LOL. That's awesome.
Well I mean, this footage already found its way to YouTube. ;) (Love this movie!)

SpaceBallz liked this
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Well I mean, this footage already found its way to YouTube. ;) (Love this movie!)

When I first watched that film growing up I wanted a girlfriend just like her.

Thank you, Hollywood.
JurorNo.2 liked this
Travis Burrell wrote:wow the original post has derailed entirely. lol.
Might I add considering the negative subject matter for the better. Turning a negative into a positive! :mrgreen:
timeware wrote:The only nudes leaking from his computer will be from the alien autopsy video.
Now you know that Rosewell video was faked don't you? :-|
J10kmn wrote: I would TOTALLY watch Soul Sisters starring Leslie Jones.
That got another mention recently. ;)
Dan Aykroyd leaves lunch in Beverly Hills, showing off his copy of Vanity Fair with Alec Baldwin on the cover, and comments, "I've got Alec right here... one of the most courageous men in America right there... he's my man." Then he dishes on his female version of the "Blues Brothers" called "Soul Sisters," and says "female empowerment, that's what we're all about, oh yeah, that's what we need today. We need the ladies singing the blues!"

Sav C liked this
Peter33vr wrote:Is Blues Brothers a movie that really needs sequels and spinoffs?
I think he's just trying to make a point, though I certainly wouldn't mind the idea. There's potential there.
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Peter33vr wrote:Is Blues Brothers a movie that really needs sequels and spinoffs?
I think he's just trying to make a point, though I certainly wouldn't mind the idea. There's potential there.
I think it would have to be jazz or rappers. Part of the the fun of BB was these guys could easily get into trouble with the law. I guess a funny movie could be made about Gospel or Contemporary singers getting into legal trouble while on a "mission from God", but just doesn't seem the same to me. I think a future iteration of the BB has to be no stranger to trouble, like the originals. Rough guys (and or girls) with hearts of gold.
JurorNo.2 liked this
Peter33vr wrote:I THINK, with all the RESPECT, that BB2000 showed how a cult movie should be left alone.
Depends. To me it feels like a compromised movie. That doesn't mean the idea was flawed. Blues Brothers actually has a wealth of backstory for instance, if you track down the old Blues Brothers Private book.
HunterCC wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:
I think it would have to be jazz or rappers. Part of the the fun of BB was these guys could easily get into trouble with the law. I guess a funny movie could be made about Gospel or Contemporary singers getting into legal trouble while on a "mission from God", but just doesn't seem the same to me. I think a future iteration of the BB has to be no stranger to trouble, like the originals. Rough guys (and or girls) with hearts of gold.
Jazz, that reminds me, it's so interesting to me that people were so outraged about that character in La La Land, the white guy who loves black music and wants to bring it back to the public consciousness. The Blues Brothers did much the same thing. I guess the difference is the La La Land character is kinda pretentious and overbearing, whereas the Blues Brothers used humor to get their message across. Plus Blues Brothers is just a better movie. Plus Blues Brothers was created by two friends who loved the music, as opposed to a studio looking for Oscar bait. :)
HunterCC liked this
JurorNo.2 wrote:
HunterCC wrote:
Jazz, that reminds me, it's so interesting to me that people were so outraged about that character in La La Land, the white guy who loves black music and wants to bring it back to the public consciousness. The Blues Brothers did much the same thing. I guess the difference is the La La Land character is kinda pretentious and overbearing, whereas the Blues Brothers used humor to get their message across. Plus Blues Brothers is just a better movie. Plus Blues Brothers was created by two friends who loved the music, as opposed to a studio looking for Oscar bait. :)
Those reactions are a shame, I mean I'm sad to hear people took it that way. Jazz isn't just a "black" thing, and I thought the male lead and the people he worked with were all cool in that movie. Same with the female lead of that movie.

Totally agree with you about Blues Brothers. Another classic movie Aykroyd shined in.

I heard lala land was the favorite to win the Oscars, I haven't seen moonlight . I don't think of LLL as a great movie but it was probably the most oscar-worthy out of the dozen-or-so movies I've seen the past year. I imagine there are plenty of people who could dance better, or sing better, but not many could act and sing and dance in the same movie as well as those two did. I still like Blues Brothers better lol I like Deadpool better even though I know it's never going to win an Oscar.
JurorNo.2 liked this
Commander_Jim wrote:Sadly if Blues Brothers was being made today you can be guaranteed that it would be causing all sorts of outrage over "cultural misappropriation".
Forget today, they WERE accused of that at the time. A critic complained that they were stealing the spotlight from the Blues musicians. Never mind the movie stops cold just so they can admire a random Blues musician (and that scene was originally even longer)! And never mind some theatres refused to screen it because it was a "black movie."

Today, Tumblr people love Blues Brothers for the "I hate Illinios Nazis" bit. I'm not even kidding, it comes up a lot, lol.

In short, the good old days weren't always good, and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems.
Does anybody remember "Demolition Man" with Sylvester Stallone? Just watched it today for the first time in years, our society is heading into that direction.
Never seen it. But speaking of the future, and I know this really sounds corny, the world needs more love. I know world peace and all that seems far fetched, and it probably is unattainable, but what is attainable is love and peace in all of our own lives. There are outside forces of course, but we can all steer our lives in the right direction. If we can attain love and peace in our own lives, then the world as whole gets better.

Love is the most important thing.
Last edited by Sav C on April 6th, 2017, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fritz wrote:They should do a remake or sequel to the Blues Brothers. And have Leslie Jones in it!
This Post Contains Spoilers
I actually heard a podcast recently that said Leslie Jones and Kristen Wiig should do the remake of Trading Places (should there ever be one, there are no plans I'm aware of).

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]