By ccv66
Marcus B wrote:This talk of it being for display only is making me nervous. I really want to wear it out. I'm sure you have to be careful, but I hope it's not fragile (frageelay.. must be Italian!).
It's plenty sturdy enough, its a weight issue. Id be more concerned with someone knocking your wand off, then a part falling off. I walked up and down San Francisco all night wearing a pack. Being capable doesn't mean enjoyable. After about 15 mins it gradually becomes less and less fun. That being said, There are plenty of people with better and heavier packs walking around comic Con all day. I'm just paranoid that carrying something heavy and expensive would take away from the fun
By Dr.D
Just chiming in on the weight and wearing a pack all day. My pack is between 25-30 pounds, so it does become more noticeable as the day goes on. But honestly, I enjoy it so much I tend not to notice. It's like what hockey players say about the Stanley Cup, it weighs 33 pounds but when you hold it, it weighs nothing.
Marcus B, deadderek liked this
Very cool! Still waiting on mine... I have the real clippards, the GBfans lights/sounds and booster ladder to upgrade mine. I poured over the instructions, and everything else looks like it could be done ala cart as budget/taste allows if you're strategic with glue. Kit looks great. Very excited for how it turned out after waiting over a year, haha.
By Sl!mer
I know this isn't a build thread, but I thought I'd ask you how you placed the blue window (B-02) on the inside? I think I'm going to have to cut the blue window the width of the hole to fit since the area isn't large enough for the piece Anovos supplies. Just wondering what other people did.
There's nothing to it but time and patience. I chop out the power cell window with a dremel cut off wheel then use a file to sand it clean to the edges of the window frame. Then I cut the power cell so it's close to the hole and then just sand the edges a little.....test fit......sand......test fit....and eventually you can gently tap it into place and it aint going anywhere.
feevrt liked this
By feevrt
feevrt wrote:Pack arrived today. Beyond excited by this kit. I'm starting to put together a list of additional parts I'm going to add. For now, it'll probably be just replacement Clippard valves and a light and sound kit.
Ardor has cooled somewhat. After unpacking I found that one of the pieces for the thrower came completely shattered. I'm currently girding my loins for what I anticipate to be a multi-month effort to get Anovos to send me a replacement. People who had broken or missing pieces in their ANH stunt Stormtrooper kits have had a hard time getting replacement parts. The part doesn't look fixable, or at least not easily so.

Because the part was cast out of resin I'm hoping that Anovos fabricated it themselves instead of contracting out the build like they did for the Stormtrooper kits. If so, things might be a bit different for for my issue. Here's hoping!
feevrt wrote:
feevrt wrote:Pack arrived today. Beyond excited by this kit. I'm starting to put together a list of additional parts I'm going to add. For now, it'll probably be just replacement Clippard valves and a light and sound kit.
Ardor has cooled somewhat. After unpacking I found that one of the pieces for the thrower came completely shattered. I'm currently girding my loins for what I anticipate to be a multi-month effort to get Anovos to send me a replacement. People who had broken or missing pieces in their ANH stunt Stormtrooper kits have had a hard time getting replacement parts. The part doesn't look fixable, or at least not easily so.

Because the part was cast out of resin I'm hoping that Anovos fabricated it themselves instead of contracting out the build like they did for the Stormtrooper kits. If so, things might be a bit different for for my issue. Here's hoping!
They replaced my broken part fairly quickly. It did take several weeks, but they did send it fairly fast considering they haven't shipped that many full kits. They also had excellent communication through the whole process, with multiple emails per week keeping me updated.

I preordered the stormtrooper armor also (I didn't have any broken parts) and was nervous too seeing how that went down, but they seem to be handling this better
By feevrt
I don't know that a lot of people are getting broken parts, Belmont78. I'm on the Anovos Stormtrooper FB group and I do know that some folks have had a hard time getting replacement parts. My ANH kit seems to be fine, but I've only taken a cursory look since receiving it.

Some of the Proton Pack parts do seem a little delicate. The broken part in my kit (part E-26) was cast out of rather thin resin, which is a bit of a concern. I'll probably end up trying to reinforce the replacement part once it comes. There were a few other parts that also seem on the delicate side that I'll probably try reinforcing, too.

On the upside, customer service got back to me this afternoon. They didn't agree to replace the part, which isn't great, but a quick response is better than none at all.

This is a pic of the broken part:
Kingpin wrote:
feevrt wrote:They didn't agree to replace the part, which isn't great, but a quick response is better than none at all.
That is disappointing to read, especially looking at how thin the casting is.
That's terrifying to read. Feevrt what exactly did Anovos say?
Worrying that they didn't immediately offer to replace the part. Considering how much Anovos charge for shipping (they must use the most expensive couriers on earth) it should be a simple insurance claim for them as this was almost certainly damaged in transit. I very much doubt they packed it in that condition, it's shattered not just cracked!

The only justifiable reason I can think of for not replacing the part right away is that they are behind schedule on orders and there aren't any spares at this present time. i.e. Sending you a part = an incomplete kit for someone else.
Marcus B liked this
By Marcus B
Mercifull wrote:Worrying that they didn't immediately offer to replace the part. Considering how much Anovos charge for shipping (they must use the most expensive couriers on earth) it should be a simple insurance claim for them as this was almost certainly damaged in transit. I very much doubt they packed it in that condition, it's shattered not just cracked!

The only justifiable reason I can think of for not replacing the part right away is that they are behind schedule on orders and there aren't any spares at this present time. i.e. Sending you a part = an incomplete kit for someone else.
I feel like their response was more of a "let me get you more info on when a replacement can be sent" message. I agree it doesn't say they're going to do it, but I don't think they intended it that way.
By feevrt
I expect that they'll replace the part. The big question is how long it'll take.

That part isn't the only one that seemed a little flimsy. There was at least one other thrower part that seemed a little lightweight.

I'm going to pick up some sheet styrene to see if I can't reenforce some of those parts.

What are you all planning to use to weather your packs? I'm thinking about picking up some rub-n-buff for larger weathered areas and acrylic silver to dry brush with.
Pretty neat how the original poster has different parts on his "kit", that what arrived in mine. So many of these parts don't fit together in any way. Having to force, drown in glue, and re-drill pre-existing holes is pretty annoying. Anovos just threw a product together, and didn't have quality control. Two years of development... for this. I should have gotten the refund when I first thought about it.
TimsGhost wrote:Pretty neat how the original poster has different parts on his "kit", that what arrived in mine. So many of these parts don't fit together in any way. Having to force, drown in glue, and re-drill pre-existing holes is pretty annoying. Anovos just threw a product together, and didn't have quality control. Two years of development... for this. I should have gotten the refund when I first thought about it.
Yeah. Not true.

I had to force, drown in glue, and re-drill pre-existing holes too. It gets addressed in the build videos (which you'll see when they eventually go up). We had two kits to work with. One I built up and finished and the second was for a quick on camera build. With the on-camera pack, the trigger box wall shattered and had to be repaired. Every problem we encountered we noted and gave Anovos the list of corrections for a possible second run of kits.

:cool:

V-71
feevrt liked this
Proton Props UK

A handful? Really? Good luck with your wait, I ho[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]