For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
By Wafflerobot
I mentioned this in another thread just now but being as i was talking about this DVD set I felt I should post it here. The episode 'Slimer, is that you?' from Box set 1 is the Kath Soucie and Dave Coulier dubbed version for some reason. The remaining episodes of that season/box are all the original Lorenzo Music and Laura Summer versions though.
By Kid Chameleon
I recently bought the season 1 and 2 set. I'm from the UK and don't speak a word of German but that's fine because the booklet contains translations for all the episode titles. The menu system is very easy to use (all on the one screen); just remember to select English audio before you play any episodes and you're good to go.

My main motivation for buying this was to save wear and tear on my TL set and this seems to serve that purpose. I would prefer it if the DVD fastenings in the case were a bit easier to use (you have to press quite hard and be very careful with the discs at the same time) but the booklet, postcard and stickers are a pleasant surprise.

Sadly, the text in the booklet about the making of the RGB cartoon series is in German but maybe a German speaking Ghosthead with a fondness for translation work can help there.

All in all, a great opportunity for anyone who missed out on the TL set or wants to protect their TL set.
Wafflerobot liked this
By fixer79
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Hey guys 'n gals-

I have a question about this German region 2 'Die komplette Serie' release...
On Amazon.de, they're selling the 21-disc DVD set for 79,99€ and the 3-disc blu-ray set for 43,99€....
I take it the picture and sound quality is exactly the same...
Is there a reason why one would opt for the more expensive and place consuming DVD edition?
Which edition would you guys recommend?
By Funktion
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

fixer79 wrote: January 20th, 2019, 12:16 pm Hey guys 'n gals-

I have a question about this German region 2 'Die komplette Serie' release...
On Amazon.de, they're selling the 21-disc DVD set for 79,99€ and the 3-disc blu-ray set for 43,99€....
I take it the picture and sound quality is exactly the same...
Is there a reason why one would opt for the more expensive and place consuming DVD edition?
Which edition would you guys recommend?
Wow, I was unaware it got a (SD on BD) Blu-Ray release.

I'll have to get it one of these days.

I can't help you with this particular release, but I own a few similar ones from this label (for example, Parker Lewis), and these usually have the same content, the same quality, and same special features, on less discs, and in a much more reliable and durable format (BD compared to DVD). And, they usually end up being a lot cheaper.
This label's DVD sets may feature collectable packaging, or a pretty booklet and physical extras, but frankly, I'll take the durability of the BD format and less shelf space, and lower price tag, over physical extras or pretty packaging.
fixer79 liked this
By Funktion
Kingpin wrote: January 20th, 2019, 1:35 pm It may not be an official release, just to inject a word of caution.
Why do you say that?
This label is legit, and is one of the main labels in terms of TV releases in Germany.
By Kingpin
Initially the price and the fact it was advertising itself as a the complete series seemed off (and the front cover image still strikes me as a bit 'off', by not having the Sony logo on the front cover, and having an off-model Ghostbusters logo), not to mention it looking distinctly different from everything we've seen so far. But I could be jumping the gun upon further reflection.
By Funktion

Kingpin wrote: January 20th, 2019, 2:09 pm Initially the price and the fact it was advertising itself as a the complete series seemed off (and the front cover image still strikes me as a bit 'off', by not having the Sony logo on the front cover, and having an off-model Ghostbusters logo), not to mention it looking distinctly different from everything we've seen so far. But I could be jumping the gun upon further reflection.
The Sony logo is on the side of the packaging, and the back:

fixer79, Wafflerobot liked this
@ Seth Rex, I agree it would be nice for both shows to get released on DVD. It is stunning to me, that the second release of The Real Ghostbusters that Sony released themselves is missing episodes and the Time Life set has all 140 episodes. I really hope that Extreme Ghostbusters gets a release soon, it is one of many cartoons that I would love to see released in full.
Funktion liked this
By Wafflerobot
I am also surprised there hasn't been a US or UK release of RGB this year, but I would highly recommend the German release which has been out for a couples of years now, since it has English language on it and I believe its the best quality transfer so far.

The only thing missing are the extra's from the Time Life set, which to be honest can be found online these days anyway.
By Kingpin
Does the German edition have the original Tahiti music in all episodes? Such as Knock Knock, which was a later-broadcast copy, and had the Ghostbusters theme replacing "The Boogieman"? Does it also have the annoying inclusion of the commercial bumpers?
By Wafflerobot
Kingpin wrote: May 30th, 2019, 4:36 am Does the German edition have the original Tahiti music in all episodes? Such as Knock Knock, which was a later-broadcast copy, and had the Ghostbusters theme replacing "The Boogieman"? Does it also have the annoying inclusion of the commercial bumpers?

By chance, I happened to be making a list of which episodes on this set feature the original or changed music last week:

Knock Knock, Venkman's Ghost Repellers and A Flight at the Opera, does not have the original Tahiti music.

The Bird of Kildarby does have the original Tahiti music.

I am trying to see if I can collect all versions of the changed music episodes. Knock Knock and Ghost Repellers on the Adventures in Slime and Space region 2 DVD have the Tahiti music, which I also own, so I really only need to find/buy whatever Region DVD has A Fright At The Opera with the Tahiti track and then Bird of Kildarby with the changed music.

On a side note, i also need to find the original voice version of 'Slimer, is that you?' as for some reason this set uses the Dave Coulier/Kath Soucie version. :sigh:
Funktion liked this
By Wafflerobot
Kingpin wrote: May 30th, 2019, 3:14 pm Cheers for the info, Waffle. :) Sounds like the German set and the Time Life ones may've used similar sources for their episodes.

Forgot to mention the German release doesn't have the commercial bumpers from the Time Life set :)
By Kingpin
A small consolation for the other missing bits. :)

In truth, I don't hate them... But having watched The Real Ghostbusters on Citv in the U.K., they never had ad breaks... I just feel they should've been included as content on the extra feature disc, rather than in the main presentation... They sorta spoil the flow of the episodes
Wafflerobot liked this
By philmorgan81
Kingpin wrote:A small consolation for the other missing bits. :)

In truth, I don't hate them... But having watched The Real Ghostbusters on Citv in the U.K., they never had ad breaks... I just feel they should've been included as content on the extra feature disc, rather than in the main presentation... They sorta spoil the flow of the episodes
LOL I can see where your coming from there. I enjoy the bumpers though. Probably because apart from the actual commercials, it feels exactly the way I use to watch them as a kid. :):):)
By Ectojeff88
Anyone else picked up the German blu-ray set recently? I’m considering pulling the trigger. Just so I’m caught up, the set has menu and packaging in German with German and English audio, no commercial bumpers but all episodes complete with original intros, title cards and credits?
Total shipped cost around $45?
By pushmipullu
That's correct. Go ahead and buy it if you like. It can also play in any blu ray play that can play PAL region. It works on every blu ray player in the house I have except one. It's a geat purchase if you want all the episodes but don't care about special features or don't have 1000 bucks to spend on the out of print boxed set.
By Ectojeff88
My set arrived! Way quicker than Amazon’s delivery estimate. Discs work in my PS4 but not my standalone 4K player. Video looks great though I did notice a slight frame speed up every once in a while. Likely from PAL playback format conversion or something. Hardly noticeable unless you’re up close and watching for it.
By Funktion

The German Blu-Ray set is getting re-released next week.
The new set is cheaper, and instead of coming in a "mediabook" sort of packaging, it will come in a regular Blu-Ray case.

I already confirmed with the label, these are the same discs as before:

https://www.amazon.de/Real-Ghostbusters ... B081KQY4NT
Wafflerobot liked this
By SSJmole
Someone asked me if I had this yet I said no. Asked me if I wanted it. Getting it in a few days from them as birthday gift the bluray version.

Apparently the German blurays have every episode only reason it lists less are two partners are edited together a review says. Can't wait!!
Recently I got a new Region Free Blu Ray player and I screened my copy of the Real Ghostbusters on Blu Ray. The picture quality is really good and the sound is decent as well. I even listened to part of the episode Citizen Ghost in German and the voice actors for the German dub are incredible, they really do a great job capturing the spirt of the characters.

I am glad that I got this set so I can save on the wear and tear of the Time Life DVD's.
Wafflerobot liked this

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]