Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Kingpin
Doubtful, they'd probably only need a few days to film any stuff around the exterior of Hook & Ladder 8, and that could be pushed towards the end of the filming schedule to accommodate the refurbishment, getting other scenes filmed beforehand in the meantime.
Sav C liked this
By AlisonG
Hi everyone!!

Does anyone happen to know if the renovations have been completed yet? My husband and I are heading to NYC in 3 weeks and me being a massive GB fan, I absolutely HAVE to see the firehouse. We'll still go either way, but want to be fully prepared to be disappointed if the scaffolding is still in place (to save the embarrassing 30something year old tears that may come either way haha)

Thanks in advance

Ali x
By Kingpin
It's been a long two years, but we're finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel:

Interesting to see that the windows have been extensively modified, and now fill the stonework completely (they now look closer to their Real Ghostbusters counterpart).

By timeware
I'm planning a trip next year. Does anyone know if Hook ladder and 8 runs any walking ghost tours through New York? It would be a nice way for them to generate funding if they did.
By DL4567
It's been a week since their April 5th facebook update with the first of the above photos. Can any New Yorkers confirm if more scaffolding has come down since then?
By Lee FW
Kingpin wrote: April 6th, 2018, 12:31 pm
Interesting to see that the windows have been extensively modified, and now fill the stonework completely (they now look closer to their Real Ghostbusters counterpart).

Great catch on the windows, I completely overlooked that detail at first glance. I'd take a guess that's now closer to it's original 1904 design (minus the fact it used to be 2 engines wide before Varick was widened and the building halved)
If anyone knows of any early photos I'd love to see them.
By DL4567
DL4567 wrote: April 12th, 2018, 7:40 pm It's been a week since their April 5th facebook update with the first of the above photos. Can any New Yorkers confirm if more scaffolding has come down since then?

Any updates? It's now been almost 2 weeks since the above photos.
By Kingpin
Just when we thought we'd seen the full extent of the building's renovation, there's been another update:

In addition to the new doors, the floodlights have been replaced (I think the station still has the red beacons on either side of the doors, they've just had their covers removed. Hopefully we'll see the memorial plaques reinstated soon.
By Kingpin
Sav C wrote: February 11th, 2019, 4:06 pm Cool! I wonder if they will use it in the new movie.
If the Firehouse appears, the production may well just manufacture a new one, possibly based on the first sign from 1983/4.
Sav C liked this

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]