By Kingpin
Lempo wrote: July 22nd, 2018, 12:57 pm Hello... I have problems visiting the spirit Homepage... All I can see looks like only the sitemap, no links seem to work... Anyone else with these problems?
Unfortunately Spirit Halloween doesn't ship to countries outside of North America. If you want to buy the props they're offering, you'll have to locate a US-based Ghostbusters fan who can make the purchase on your behalf, and either get them, or a service like MyUS.com to ship the props to you.
By Lempo
Kingpin wrote:Unfortunately Spirit Halloween doesn't ship to countries outside of North America. If you want to buy the props they're offering, you'll have to locate a US-based Ghostbusters fan who can make the purchase on your behalf, and either get them, or a service like MyUS.com to ship the props to you..
Hello Kingpin, I know... I ordered my Spirit proton pack via my friend, his father is in the army and has an apo address in Germany ... But this time I can't even open the spirit halloween Page.. I tried it via VPN, but it seems (at least for me) that the site is broken. It does not matter which link I try, I always end up on their frontpage... I wrote them an Email and hope it is possible to order this way.

Greetings from Germany
Lempo
Last edited by Kingpin on July 23rd, 2018, 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote code
By Kingpin
Lempo wrote: July 23rd, 2018, 1:59 pmBut this time I can't even open the spirit halloween Page.. I tried it via VPN, but it seems (at least for me) that the site is broken. It does not matter which link I try, I always end up on their frontpage... I wrote them an Email and hope it is possible to order this way.
Ah, yes. It seems Spirit has attempted to implement a "wall" because of the recent GDPR update, but in doing so it's lead to users seeing a broken version of the website instead of the desired GDPR message.
By Lempo
Hello, I still can't visit the Homepage without using a VPN so spirit thinks i am from the US.

Am I the only one with these problems?

I wanted to send links to a friend of my father who is willing to order for me, but they can't open them and they don’t know how to use VPN.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks
By Kingpin
Lempo wrote: July 26th, 2018, 1:50 pm Hello, I still can't visit the Homepage without using a VPN so spirit thinks i am from the US.

Am I the only one with these problems?
As previously noted, they've put up a wall preventing Europeans from being able to view the site.

In this case, you'll need to enlist the help of an American or Canadian fan to get you the links for the respective pages - I would, but I'm a UK citizen and blocked as well.
By Lempo
Sorry Kingpin, I must have missed the wall part... This GDPR is so annoying... I think this means that I am gonna miss this opportunity... Or must buy via eBay for triple the price... Meehh...
Even though I already own a matty trap and goggles, I ordered a trap, goggles and belt from SH. I'm looking forward to their arrival. Since this trap is a bit bigger than the Matty trap, I will keep the matty trap a GB2 trap and this new trap will be GB1. Supposedly the GB1 traps were a bit bigger and heavier. I'm gonna have alot of fun this halloween for sure.
Just purchased the PKE Meter and the Trap. I've been considering buying the Matty versions of both on Ebay for a while but haven't been able to justify the cost; this is a GREAT option for someone like me. I can't wait to see the mods people come out with and fire up the 3d printer.
NickFame13 liked this
Chapel, I totally agree. Everyone is crying about the traps not having pedal or hose but i thought part of this hobby was making stuff as well. This is a wonderful start to having a collection and modding it. I've already got some parts to mod the trap
ghostengineer wrote: August 3rd, 2018, 1:38 pm Chapel, I totally agree. Everyone is crying about the traps not having pedal or hose but i thought part of this hobby was making stuff as well. This is a wonderful start to having a collection and modding it. I've already got some parts to mod the trap
100%. The most fun I had last Halloween season was attaching my spirit pack to an ALICE frame and modding it a bit. That and souping up my Ecto 3. This promises to be a fun October. :)
NickFame13 liked this
If you are looking at buying these you might want to look on Spencer's, Spirit Halloween's parent company. They are doing $20 off $80 and if you spend more then $80 you get free shipping. I picked up a PKE, ghost trap, belt, and goggles for my kids.
robandliv wrote: August 3rd, 2018, 8:51 pm If you are looking at buying these you might want to look on Spencer's, Spirit Halloween's parent company. They are doing $20 off $80 and if you spend more then $80 you get free shipping. I picked up a PKE, ghost trap, belt, and goggles for my kids.
You can also try promo code SUNSNB on the Spirit site. It gave me 20% off my entire order plus free shipping.
1chapelcredit wrote: August 3rd, 2018, 1:51 pm
ghostengineer wrote: August 3rd, 2018, 1:38 pm Chapel, I totally agree. Everyone is crying about the traps not having pedal or hose but i thought part of this hobby was making stuff as well. This is a wonderful start to having a collection and modding it. I've already got some parts to mod the trap
100%. The most fun I had last Halloween season was attaching my spirit pack to an ALICE frame and modding it a bit. That and souping up my Ecto 3. This promises to be a fun October. :)
I just got my pack, last week... Highly interested in how your mod worked out, Chapel...especially the Alice mount.
By deadderek
metallijosh wrote:The charge for my pre-order went through today.
Saw ur post...checked my account and yup...so did mine. Exciting times what all did you get?
By metallijosh
deadderek wrote: August 10th, 2018, 2:47 am
metallijosh wrote:The charge for my pre-order went through today.
Saw ur post...checked my account and yup...so did mine. Exciting times what all did you get?
I got the trap and pke. The goggles just look too cheap for me. I didn't like the Matty goggles either though...
By greg883
Just picked up the jacket - I'll post photos in the morning.
Edit - and here it is
This is an X-Large, I normally wear an XXL so they might be running a size large. . A cotton weave outside similar in texture to work clothes (but not as heavy). Strangely, the zipper is reversed from the normal for men's clothing - the pull is on the left side. The side pockets are barely large enough for a wallet. The color is what might be described as a "Deli Mustard" brown-yellow. Overall= Not bad. Buy one if you can get one.
johnabarca1979 liked this
metallijosh wrote: August 10th, 2018, 11:37 am
deadderek wrote: August 10th, 2018, 2:47 am

I got the trap and pke. The goggles just look too cheap for me. I didn't like the Matty goggles either though...
I ordered the goggles. I'm not sure if I'm going to mod them to make them look better or take parts off because I have a paid of av5 frames that I could use the parts for. I have a pair of matty's that I redid to more movie accurate and was never totally happy with the work I did on the real av5 goggles. Although I have a matty trap, i did order 1 of these and cant wait for them to get delivered.
By orion
Has anyone seen a belt? Is it white or grey? Is it the right material? Are the key fobs right? I have a khaki belt now and was planning on picking up a white one to dye, but am wondering if I should go this route instead.
By NickFame13
orion wrote: August 14th, 2018, 10:39 am Has anyone seen a belt? Is it white or grey? Is it the right material? Are the key fobs right? I have a khaki belt now and was planning on picking up a white one to dye, but am wondering if I should go this route instead.

I preordered a belt and hope to find out soon. I believe it's supposed to be white. I'm a bit skeptical about the quality of the fobs, but, we'll see.
By Kingpin
orion wrote: August 14th, 2018, 10:39 am Has anyone seen a belt? Is it white or grey? Is it the right material? Are the key fobs right? I have a khaki belt now and was planning on picking up a white one to dye, but am wondering if I should go this route instead.

From the photo, the belt appears to be white. It looks woven from a fabric that has a similar appearance to a genuine army webbing belt, but it will not be as resilient as the real deal.

As for the fobs... Mr. Tyger Cheex produced a fine illustration showing the various fobs:

The fob configurations changed a bit from scene to scene whenever the Ghostbusters were wearing their uniforms. These are the best that I can visibly identify (though given the fobs seemed to have a habit of sliding freely along some sections of the belt, some absences may be due to the fobs having slipped out of camera shot).

At the Sedgewick, Venkman, Stantz and Spengler wore the fobs in the following configurations:
(L - R)
V: [C░▮░ B░}{░░▇░░]
St: [C░▮░ B░}{░░▇▲]
Sp: [░░▮░ A░}{░░▇░░]

-The large black block represents the belt gizmo, the smaller block represents the radio holster.

During the Sedgewick scenes, fob C on Venkman's belt was almost at the back of his belt, whilst on Stantz's it was at his side. Spengler doesn't appear to have one at this point.

During the montage, Venkman, Stantz and Spengler wore the fobs in the following configurations:

St: [C░▮░ B░}{░░▇░░]
Sp: [░▮░CA░}{░░▇░░]

As far as I can tell, Stantz and Venkman appear to be wearing the same configurations that they had at the hotel. Spengler's fob C is very likely a fob B, with the extra piece missing.

When Winston is hired, Venkman and Stantz wore the fobs in the following configurations:

V: [C░▲░ B░}{░░▇░░]
St: [B░░░ B░}{░░▇░░]

- The triangle represents the Trap Holster.

When the Ghostbusters arrive at Dana's apartment building, they're wearing the following configurations:

St: [░░B░░░}{░░▇░░]
Sp: [░░░CA░}{░░▇░░]

- Venkman's belt remains largely the same as at the Firehouse, however the trap holster has been replaced with a flashlight holster. Sadly, I wasn't able to determine what configuration Zeddemore had in this scene.

When the Ghostbusters arrive on Dana's floor, they're wearing the following configurations:

V: [░▮░ B░}{░░▇░░]
St: [░░B░B░}{░░▇▲]
Sp: [░░░B░}{░░▇░░]

When the Ghostbusters arrive at Gozer's temple, and for the majority of the battle, they're wearing the following configurations:

V: [A░░B░}{░░▇░░]
St: [░C░B░}{░░▇░░]
Sp: [░░░A░}{░░▇░░]

- For most of this sequence, Spengler and Venkman's fob A has an extra circular ring hanging from it.

However, just to throw further spanners in the works, this conbination shows up on Venkman's belt during the "choose and perish" sequence:

[░░░B░}{░C ▇░░]

Each Ghostbuster, with the exception of Zeddemore, had two belt fobs of various designs on their eqipment belts. The fobs were almost exclusively worn to the wearer's right, with the flashlight or radio holsters usually positioned between the two fobs.

The fob hung on Spirit's belt, to the wearer's left is a good stand-in for fob A. The fob hung to the wearer's right on the Spirit belt is much like how fob C appears during most of the battle with Gozer, with an extra ring piece.

The fobs on the spirit belt appear to be have almost been almost "riveted" together at the bottom end, rather than it being a snap fitting - this would mean that they have to be slid off the belt to be repositioned, rather than unfastened and refastened. They have a leather-effect finish, but are substantially thinner and will be weaker than genuine leather fobs.

It's a reasonable approximation, and will carry the effect across on an inexpensive costume, one that you can allow to get messed up a little bit. It'll pass the lay man's test, but it will be more obvious to a seasoned Ghostbusters costume assembler.
NickFame13, BRD 527 liked this
By hutto
I’ll probably pick that belt up in store, along with the goggles but, I’m pretty sure those fobs will break the first time you attach your wand to em.

For $7.50 with a coupon, it’s nice to have a backup.
NickFame13 liked this

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]