This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By Azurial
Hey all. I've been on hiatus for a while and figured this would be a good time to make a return and share something I've been working on all day. Started around 8AM Sunday and it's currently 2AM Monday morning. I'll be heading to bed after this post, but I start to 3D Print everything to test fit, but I'm confident I've got it down on the first try.

I'll eventually be working on putting together a full pack.

I've also got a PKE Meter kit I designed which Ill get pictures of up here soon.

this is the initial render of what the Thrower looks like now and some Line Art of it.

jpetrutis81, NickFame13, Kingpin and 9 others liked this
By Azurial
The first pair of parts is complete! Pulled these off of the print bed earlier today and while the box came out alright, I still think I can make a better print. The Hook was fine though, and I still need to print a box with the proper hole to install the tube that runs along the the emitter.

I also was able to get more of the thrower modeled and as it stands I only need to do model the rear handle and some of the last few greeblies.

And for reference I colored some of the parts

Glenn Frederick liked this
By Kingpin
I would suggest not including the hook as part of the 3D print, instead it would be better to craft the hook out of metal, that way you get the full benefit of the strenth that material would offer. :)
By Azurial
Kingpin wrote: August 28th, 2018, 7:04 pm I would suggest not including the hook as part of the 3D print, instead it would be better to craft the hook out of metal, that way you get the full benefit of the strenth that material would offer. :)
I was thinking that, yeah. I'll probably use a metal one later on when i finally build up the pack, but for now it makes a good placeholder and it helps me with my measurements later.
By Azurial
I've got more of the parts printed! YAY!

So the emitter Barrel is done and everything looks good. This should be about an inch or two longer than the movie one.

I've also all but finished the model and currently finishing the print on the handle.

Kingpin, ccv66 liked this
By Azurial
Cliff, I've just shot you a PM.

Also, I've got another thrower update coming up in the next hour or so here. I'm printing a couple of more parts currently that have failed a few times. I think I need to replace my Ultimaker Original... :(
By Azurial
I have created 3d models for it, but I haven't the means myself to print a pack yet. It has been outsourced to a few people to test it, but it'll be a while before I can personally do anything pack wise.
By Azurial
Next up is the Trap. I've been wracking my brain all day trying to figure out the scale. I've got it where I want it for now, but it'll still need a ton of work before I'm done. I've got to build the entire trap in 3d then seperate it into parts sized to print on either of my printers.

NickFame13, robandliv, ccv66 and 1 others liked this
By Azurial
Just a quick update guys. This was too big to take screen caps. Pictures of the trap print as it is now are to come in the next couple days.

We had a flood and it took out my printers so I'm just now getting back into business. Still need to fix my OTHER pc to pull my other files off of it.

https://youtu.be/nGKUQUHXG68
By shanedalton
Just watched your videos and I'm in awe. Looks clean and everything is looking good! It's not as big as most people seem to make RGB stuff, too, which really makes me like it a lot. You probably just sold me a 3D printer!
Azurial liked this
By Azurial
There's usually pretty awkward scaling when it comes to the RGB stuff, yeah. But if you DO get a 3D printer I can not recommend getting a Prusa i3 variant as a starting point enough.
By Azurial
I've been hard at work trying to get the scale for the pack right and I think I'm just about there. The original trap design i put together is the same one in the same scale as I showed earlier.

I still have a ton of work to do on this, but progress is being made. Still a ways off from test printing.

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]