For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
By Ulk96
Hi! Recently I watched first two seasons (ABC season and Syndication season) of the Real Ghostbusters and I'm gonna say, this cartoon was really ahead of it's times. It has really impressive writing and characterization, probablt the best cartoon of the 80s. But, I read that after first 78 episode, show gone downhill because of really dumb changes demanded by network. It's a shame that show got treatment like that. But I refuse to believe that every episode after original 78 ones sucks. What are those diamonds in the rough in later seasons in your opinion?
By philmorgan81
Oh there are some definate diamonds in there. There is just a dip in quality when compared to first 2 seasons. The season that suffered the most was the final season, but even that one has a pretty nice diamond. Just because there was a dip in quality doesn't mean the series wasn't still entertaining. Since you made through the best of the series I don't think you will have a problem getting through the rest, but here are some episodes not to skip.

Season 3
It's a Jungle Out There
The Boogyman is Back
The Grundle
The Copycat
Halloween 2 1/2
Sticky Business
The Two Faces of Slimer. ( I just love it when Peter gets slimed and this one is heavy on that.)

Season 4

Short Stuff
Flip Side
Poultrygeist (This is a silly episode, but I have a real soft spot for it.)
Standing Room Only
Robo Buster
Season 4 is pretty short so It's easy to get through.

Season 5

Loose Screws
The Ghostmaster
If I were a Witch Man
Somethings Going Around
Jailbusters (This one has some very choppy animation and you'll notice that the episode is slowed down to fit the hour format of the show at the time, but I enjoy it when they go into the spirit world.)
Ghostbusters Live From Al Capone's Tomb
Partners In Slime
Elementary My Dear Winston. (This is another one that has some odd animation and timing issues, but still fun.)
The Halloween Door (This one aired during prime time so they were able to get away with things they couldn't do on Saturday Mornings. It also has some of the best animation in the series. Definately the best episode to air after Studio Interference.)

Season 6 and 7

Janine You've Changed
The Slob
Not Now Slimer

Skip Deja Boo it's a Slimer focused episode and it is a clip show of better episodes. Unless you really enjoy Slimer and Dweeb.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the series. Definately don't miss the episodes above. :):):)
Last edited by philmorgan81 on November 17th, 2018, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ulk96, mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
I'd add a few more

Season 3

Big Trouble with Little Slimer (return of Peck)

Season 4

The Brooklyn Triangle (Winston's dad, the Collector wasn't a villain after all)

Season 6

The Haunting of Heck House (taking on a very haunted house with no Proton Packs)

Season 7

The Treasure of Sierra Tamale (international bust with new tech, Peter's dad, a god)
philmorgan81 liked this
By Razorgeist
Kingpin wrote: November 20th, 2018, 1:33 am Season 4
Follow that Hearse - Spooky, a little scary in points, with great atmosphere... and Ecto-1 being possessed and mutating.
Ash vs Evil Dead did something similar in its second season with the classic.

Ive mentioned that while there was definite dip in quality in the later seasons (story editing wise). There were definetly some great episodes that I do love.

My list.

The Boogyman is Back
The Grundle
Halloween 2 1/2
Sticky Business
Flip Side
Robo Buster
Standing Room Only
Short Stuff
Follow That hearse
Elementary my Dear Winston
If I were a Witch Man
Future Tense
Revenge of the Ghostmaster
Loose Screws
Janine you've Changed
Russian About
The Haunting of Heck House
Ghost World
Busters in Toyland
Very Beast Friends
My left fang
The Slob (the only reason I like this episode is because after all those lame Slimer cartoons it was damn cathartic seeing the GB's tell professor Dweeb off...seriously as a kid I freakin cheered.)
I agree with all of above lists but I can't help but notice "Halloween 2 1/2" and the "Boogyman is back" being mentioned alot.

I know I'm in the minority but I feel those two episodes have the most negative aspects of what fans disliked from the series.

Samhain and the Boogieman are my two favorite ghosts in the entire series but those two episodes are the start of the Q5 take over and I can't really watch them.

"The grundel" was a excellent episode and I enjoyed all of the mentioned episodes but to me the beginning of season 3 until we get to the grundel was bad.
By mrmichaelt
Glenn Frederick wrote: November 22nd, 2018, 7:57 am I agree with all of above lists but I can't help but notice "Halloween 2 1/2" and the "Boogyman is back" being mentioned alot.

I know I'm in the minority but I feel those two episodes have the most negative aspects of what fans disliked from the series.

Samhain and the Boogieman are my two favorite ghosts in the entire series but those two episodes are the start of the Q5 take over and I can't really watch them.
You're not alone. I'm on the fence about them, but there's both good and bad to them.

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]