By JTysonLambert
I've been working on my uniform for a bit. Wanted to go ahead and start a thread. I'm going for screen accuracy in the sense that I want to capture the overall spirit of the movie. I don't want to perfectly replicate any specific uniform in any specific scene, but I want it to look like it could have stood next to what was on screen at any given moment. I think a lot of my uniform will be somewhere in the middle-ground of the various movie props.

My elbow pads are GBFans pads. I've trimmed the hems off to be more in line with the movie. I've also tapered and trimmed them down to better fit my arms. I resized the elastic straps to be a bit tighter, sewed on the black patches and weathered them up a bit. I airbrushed the pads to get a median of the various shades of grey from the actual movie pads and to make the colour a bit more patchy. The GBFans pads are a bit too clean and bright for my tastes, but I didn't want to go as dark as some of the pads in the movie. I painted the pad lip darker as well, but with layers of dark grey. I didn't want to do anything full-on flat black, because I'm going for a well-worn look. After everything was done, I dirtied them up a bit with a mixture of dingy coloured pastel pigments.

I have a couple of the GBFans belts. Again, going for a well worn look, I wanted to replicate Ray's belt from the Gozer fight. I repainted all of the eyelets, buckle and slide with matte black to get rid of the gloss shine of the GBFans paint, gave all of the metal parts some rub wear to expose some bare metal and gave the eyelets a brown and rust wash. Added some rust staining from the eyelets onto the canvas to replicate the effect apparent on Ray's belt. I also faded the canvas a bit to give it a more de-saturated look it seems to have in some scenes. With the second belt I'll try to replicate the belts from the Sedgewick bust, as the metal bits were a polished brass in those scenes.

NickFame13, NotSabbat, twmedford23 and 3 others liked this
By JTysonLambert
Replaced my Katarra8 name patch with the (MUCH) better GBFans name patch. The Katarra patch just never did it for me. It looked okay in the sample pictures she used, but when I got it it was too big, the font looked like it was done in boldface, too much space between the letters, the stitching was too thick and the red was more crimson than the red it's supposed to be.

Should have just gone with GBFans from the start, but I think I bought the Katarra back in early 2014. Not even sure GBFans had them available then.

mike_waclo liked this
By JTysonLambert
That could easily be the case. The GBFans patch is spot on, though. Here's a pic I snapped while I was in the middle of swapping them over.

By abaka
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

JTysonLambert wrote: December 16th, 2018, 11:42 pm It's a custom Gibson & Barnes from back when they accepted customer supplied fabrics.
Is it made by yourself or did you just recently pick it up on eBay....If so I was wondering who nabbed that before me lol
By ccv66
I wonder if there was enough people/ big enough order, Gibson & Barnes would consider making flightsuits from supplied fabric.. It be cool to get a ripstop gb1 and a herringbone gb2
By JTysonLambert
One thing I've always found fascinating is the different gear the guys wear from scene to scene.
I'm more partial to the gear in the New York exterior shots, since that was the gear at its "newest."
With that, I'll probably be sticking to the extra dirty, final showdown gun belt I've already made, but the Sedgewick belts have always fascinated me. The guys are all wearing belts with brass fittings. Maybe, being their first job, they wanted to look extra spiffy, so they went with the fancier belts.

Just for fun, and maybe to add some variety options when I suit up, I've decided to make a Sedgewick belt. Tarnished brass buckle and clasp. Just gotta get all of the eyelets done.

By JTysonLambert
It's most apparent in the initial walk-in at the Sedgewick. You can clearly see the buckles and eyelets are brass on Ray and Pete's belts. Egon's is the same, except his sliding adjustment clasp still appears to be black, or it could be very tarnished. You can't see Ray and Pete's, because theirs are covered by their gloves.

EDIT: Almost done. Just need to lightly weather the belt canvas. The middle of the belt where it has a slightly blue tint (nearest the elbow pad) is the actual colour. It's just a quick snap with my old iPhone, and it's getting some weird, warm tonal vignetting.

By bishopdonmiguel
JTysonLambert wrote:The guys are all wearing belts with brass fittings.
I don’t know, man. I’m not saying you’re wrong but I don’t see brass. I do see what looks like set lights reflecting off the flat surfaces and making them look lighter but in comparison to the brass zippers, the belts don’t look like they have any brass surfaces.

Your belt looks cool though. I like it.
By Doctor Venkman
AceVenkman wrote: December 31st, 2018, 1:06 pm
ccv66 wrote: December 17th, 2018, 1:46 pm I wonder if there was enough people/ big enough order, Gibson & Barnes would consider making flightsuits from supplied fabric.. It be cool to get a ripstop gb1 and a herringbone gb2
My self and the rest of the Colorado ghostbusters are currently working with G&B on having suits made with fabric we are supplying once we get closer I will start a thread chronicling the journey as we are also working on the suit specs to make them as a urate as possible. But to answer your question they seem to be willing to make the suits as long as the order is over 15 or 2o suits.
Ace, do you have the proper khaki ripstop fabric sourced as well? Have they given you a price estimate? I'd maybe be interested in joining in on the order, if you're able to accommodate.
By NotSabbat
Doctor Venkman wrote: May 6th, 2019, 1:32 pm
AceVenkman wrote: December 31st, 2018, 1:06 pm
My self and the rest of the Colorado ghostbusters are currently working with G&B on having suits made with fabric we are supplying once we get closer I will start a thread chronicling the journey as we are also working on the suit specs to make them as a urate as possible. But to answer your question they seem to be willing to make the suits as long as the order is over 15 or 2o suits.
Ace, do you have the proper khaki ripstop fabric sourced as well? Have they given you a price estimate? I'd maybe be interested in joining in on the order, if you're able to accommodate.
Ditto from me.
By BRD 527
JTysonLambert wrote: May 1st, 2019, 6:38 am One thing I've always found fascinating is the different gear the guys wear from scene to scene.
I'm more partial to the gear in the New York exterior shots, since that was the gear at its "newest."
With that, I'll probably be sticking to the extra dirty, final showdown gun belt I've already made, but the Sedgewick belts have always fascinated me. The guys are all wearing belts with brass fittings. Maybe, being their first job, they wanted to look extra spiffy, so they went with the fancier belts.

Just for fun, and maybe to add some variety options when I suit up, I've decided to make a Sedgewick belt. Tarnished brass buckle and clasp. Just gotta get all of the eyelets done.

I like the look of your belt!

FYI There are companies out there that make white belts with Brass or Nickel buckles & eyelets for Parade / Honor guard uniforms :whatever:

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]