Man that looks awesome! I have spoken to Ben multiple times the last few weeks and he is in no position to build me a pack! I am hopeful I will have one built by him and headed my way in time for my Halloween party and Disneyland Halloween this October! I am keeping my fingers crossed! I am in no position to build one of these myself, as I don't have the time nor the craftsmanship LOL. Keep up the great work on the pack!
chris8414 wrote: January 15th, 2019, 10:49 am Man that looks awesome! I have spoken to Ben multiple times the last few weeks and he is in no position to build me a pack! I am hopeful I will have one built by him and headed my way in time for my Halloween party and Disneyland Halloween this October! I am keeping my fingers crossed! I am in no position to build one of these myself, as I don't have the time nor the craftsmanship LOL. Keep up the great work on the pack!
Sadly Ben no longer sells fully built packs, only the kits. Honest I have NO skills, never used a drill or dremel in my life, If I can do it you can! give it a shot
CorfieldUK81 wrote: January 16th, 2019, 7:32 am Rest of tubes now on, hardest part of the build so far getting the blue tube to bend on the top bit of the Ion arm ...
Next stage is the wand once i figure out where to start ha, ordering electronics end of the month

I was worried about bending the green tube on the wand when I built my Anovos kit, because I didn't want it to kink, so I heated it up with a hairdryer to soften up the plastic a bit... Helped a lot! When I got to attaching tubes to the pack itself, I ordered colored tubes from the GBFans shop... It was a much softer, rubbery material, and they all bent nicely without any need to heat them.
mike_waclo wrote: January 16th, 2019, 7:36 am
CorfieldUK81 wrote: January 16th, 2019, 7:32 am Rest of tubes now on, hardest part of the build so far getting the blue tube to bend on the top bit of the Ion arm ...
Next stage is the wand once i figure out where to start ha, ordering electronics end of the month

I was worried about bending the green tube on the wand when I built my Anovos kit, because I didn't want it to kink, so I heated it up with a hairdryer to soften up the plastic a bit... Helped a lot! When I got to attaching tubes to the pack itself, I ordered colored tubes from the GBFans shop... It was a much softer, rubbery material, and they all bent nicely without any need to heat them.
nice idea about heating up the tube, will try this when I do the wand. May in future upgrade to the GB fans blue tube
starburst wrote: January 17th, 2019, 2:39 am Your build continues to get better and better with every update and gives me confidence that when I start my own (soon, only been planning it for 10 years!) I will be able to do it justice!

Looking forward to your future updates :)
thank you!, honestly go for it. I have ZERO experience with a drill or DIY. This has been all new experience for me too. If I can do it anyone can.
starburst liked this
Added the Cyclotron and Powerbar lenses, spot of superglue that I made a little mess with. But I plan on weathering the pack later so hopefully can cover most of it up.
Also got the Crank Knob in place, it spins but its purely cosmetic no function. Added foam to the top of the motherboard thanks to @Venkman69 for providing the foam his build can be seen at viewtopic.php?p=4912412#p4912412, I put the DANGER sticker too high so had to make the foam thinner than It's meant to be oh well :P
Last edited by CorfieldUK81 on January 22nd, 2019, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
CorfieldUK81 wrote: January 15th, 2019, 2:00 pm Sadly Ben no longer sells fully built packs, only the kits. Honest I have NO skills, never used a drill or dremel in my life, If I can do it you can! give it a shot
Amen to that. Same thing here. Once you get going, you will gain confidence and you will be forever proud of your work! It's a very rewarding project.
canpara wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 8:05 am
CorfieldUK81 wrote: January 15th, 2019, 2:00 pm Sadly Ben no longer sells fully built packs, only the kits. Honest I have NO skills, never used a drill or dremel in my life, If I can do it you can! give it a shot
Amen to that. Same thing here. Once you get going, you will gain confidence and you will be forever proud of your work! It's a very rewarding project.
this is very true, also makes it feel like your own pack, not a pack someone has handed to you. You can show it off and think "I made this" you feel like an Egon or Ray :D
SSJmole wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 8:29 am See that looks awesome. I found it hard building the Lego dimensions Ghostbusters cars and trap 😂 I could never do these. Awesome job
Thank you :D but really hardest part of building these (other than electronics where I am kinda worried about attempting ha) is using a drill and dremel tool, if you have used those before then this is a doddle, if not its still not hard as ...well I've done it.

The rest is easy enough, no major painting to do as its all black, maybe one or two silver bits. The tubes and stickers are provided...
SSJmole liked this
Venkman's Swagger wrote: January 30th, 2019, 3:30 pm Some good updates dude. Any reason you cut a hole in your mobo instead of drilling a speaker grille?
Everyone I know who has a pack has done it this way, I was going to do a grill and raise up the speaker on bolts but found there would not be enough room for the reflectors I'll be using for the cyclotron lights. So sinking the speaker into the shell this way frees up room
First major screw up on the build...thought I'd use some chrome paint to make the clippard look better. I masked the parts I didn't want paint on however it managed to get through :( easy fixed with a new Sticker so contacted Ben to see if he can help, prob have to buy a whole sheet for one sticker but hey ho.
+Halomobilo+ liked this
So my electronics kit arrived today ( great kit, snaps together easy and sounds brill) .....however trying to get switches to fit in the holes and fit it into the wand. Getting Cyclotron lights in the reflectors I want to use and the power bar light on the stand....all seem impossible and makes this project so close to completion yet not able to :( electronics part seems a bit over my skill level
So after a few problems and worries, I got my electronics kit and I was a bit overwhelmed at how to fit it in the wand etc. I even managed to accidentally break 3 of the switches when attempting to fit them, was about to accept my pack would have no lights and sound and just look the part.

The kit seller however was amazing and reassured me it can be fixed and is sending out replacement switches. So I used the broken switch as a template at getting the holes correct and practice at fitting to prevent future damage on the rest.

In these photos you will also see I have put the Clippard onto the wand, I have also got new stickers for the Clippards that are metallic and look great. Added a little bit of weathering on the wand using a paint pen, looks good so when all done I'll be looking into doing more on the main pack also.

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]