Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
I have read all the post here and feel deeply sadden.
I joined this forum for the love of the GB franchise. I
see that some things have not changed, in terms of
heated comments, since GBS 2016. I will return once
things are more fan friendly. At the present time, this
is my choice and I wish you all well in 2019.
NotSabbat liked this
Are star wars fans over phantom menace yet? I'm sure someone will always be upset about 2016 and out of all the thousands of people on this forum only a few still participate on this topic, but arguments from both sides. . Seems like a silly comment
CCV has a point. GB FANS still remains a safe haven for all fans of the franchise. While arguments do get heated were still friends here after wards. While were sorry to see you go the unique thing about GB FANS is AJ offers a forum for all point of view to be heard.

In the larger scheme of things we are still a vast community devoted to prop building and discussing a movie that's been out since 1984.
NotSabbat liked this
No worries. Everything is okay. Just simply need a break. No ill will towards any one. In the SW universe, Jar Jar Binks just can't seem to fade away. Fans have every right to say what they want but after awhile, I need to move on towards more enlightening post. I'll continue to troop as a buster though! Please don't take offense to my post.
NotSabbat, ccv66 liked this
Zharthaddeus wrote: January 11th, 2019, 7:12 pm I have read all the post here and feel deeply sadden.
I joined this forum for the love of the GB franchise. I
see that some things have not changed, in terms of
heated comments, since GBS 2016. I will return once
things are more fan friendly. At the present time, this
is my choice and I wish you all well in 2019.
I disappeared since 2017 , took down my Ghostbusters posters ect... Stopped posting about Ghostbusters and haven't watched or read anything for this exact reason. I've had Ghostbusters toys since I was a child like my little stay put you I use to sleep with like a teddy (he's soft but more rubber than plush) all in the attic for first time ever as (not saying just here) I felt a toxic hatred aimed at women or anyone who dared say they liked new film. That wasn't the Ghostbusters I loved. A girl in my family was physically assaulted when she wore Ghostbusters t-shirt because she "ruined Ghostbusters" (someone threw a glass bottle at her in street and shouted that) honestly I just wanted nothing to do with the franchise.

Then a few months ago one of my neices (aged 7) asked me to put on ATC on Netflix all she wanted to see , she watched that , then originals then real cartoon (she not seen extreme yet) and then I got mobile game as my nephew loved going to do bosses ect... And wanted company.

I realised why I loved it and started getting back in (good timing with teaser release) and I realized it was just a section not all of the fandom and the hate has died down , seems to be on star wars now (which I don't like new but I have 0 issues if others do) in the same way too all hatred aimed at Rey and her fans or rose. Some are genuine like not liking how they treated luke ect... But most is just the female characters suck and actresses should die. That makes me realize a lot probably don't care and just use the internet to troll or fan flames and others don't care and just look for an exuse to hate women. It's not 100% of the fandom (though alot yes).

Hopefully I explained it well but I'm trying to say don't judge all on the hate and at least the Ghostbusters one has died out more
Sav C, Kingpin, *NormalGamer* and 3 others liked this
UntouchableGen wrote: January 17th, 2019, 10:36 pm Do we have a forum for female GB's here? If not.... we should. It's a community that we need. It seems like they arent being represented.... correct me if I'm wrong, cause I'd like to support.
Why would there need to be a separate forum for women? Has this message board secretly been men only this whole time?

It's one forum for all people. We really need to stop segregating society into smaller groups in the name of "inclusivity". You know what's inclusive? Not making a separate forum just for women and having everyone in the same forum. :kylie::eyeroll::eduardo::sigh:
I am an R2 Builder and a 501st member. Some of the female members have their own Facebook groups.

I originally thought the same and wondered why they needed a separate group. However on reflection I think it is a great idea. It allows them to ask questions and discuss things that a male would not understand.

So if there is some demand for a female only section I would be all for it.

Wiggyof9 wrote: January 17th, 2019, 11:08 pm
UntouchableGen wrote: January 17th, 2019, 10:36 pm Do we have a forum for female GB's here? If not.... we should. It's a community that we need. It seems like they arent being represented.... correct me if I'm wrong, cause I'd like to support.
Why would there need to be a separate forum for women? Has this message board secretly been men only this whole time?

It's one forum for all people. We really need to stop segregating society into smaller groups in the name of "inclusivity". You know what's inclusive? Not making a separate forum just for women and having everyone in the same forum. :kylie::eyeroll::eduardo::sigh:
Ask questions a male wouldn't understand? What kind of questions are so alien to men that we wouldn't understand then?

Making a female only section is sexist. It implies women are not welcome in other parts of the forum. Thats not how you become inclusive, thats how you alienate female fans from the male portion of the fanbase.

I feel like im the only sane one. Women are just people. They arent delicate flowers in need of their own safe space. Nothing stops women from participating in this forum.
Doctor Venkman, deadderek, JadeOttsel and 1 others liked this
Wiggyof9 wrote: January 18th, 2019, 12:28 am Ask questions a male wouldn't understand? What kind of questions are so alien to men that we wouldn't understand then?

Making a female only section is sexist. It implies women are not welcome in other parts of the forum. Thats not how you become inclusive, thats how you alienate female fans from the male portion of the fanbase.

I feel like im the only sane one. Women are just people. They arent delicate flowers in need of their own safe space. Nothing stops women from participating in this forum.
You're not the only one. I'm with you, 100%. Making a separate forum in the name of "inclusivity" is not logical at all. Women shouldn't feel alienated and this board has NEVER been exclusive to men. I should add, if any woman ever feels attacked or alienated or treated improperly here, there is a great admin team to deal with any issues that arise. There's no reason that anything like that should take place here.
Clifton Sleigh liked this
Before ATC came out there were plenty of women who suited up. That unfortunately was ignored after the reboot came out. After that there was some sort of culture war that took place. Honestly if you go back and look at some of the topics from 5 years ago, there were all sort of topics with fans helping other fans. There were posts where some of our lady fans would request help on uniform sizing or showcase their stuff or husbands wanting help with getting the right gear for their wives and hell some of the best RGB builds were done by a husband and wife team on here. What was ignored when ATC came out was most cosplayers in this fandom didnt cosplay as Venkman, Stantz, Spengler or Zeddemore but as themselves as a ghostbuster. Everyone geared up the same. My wife suits up with us, a mutual female friend from high school joins us and one of my guys girlfriend suits up with us as well. And that's because it was a way to have fun as friends and do civic type stuff. One thing that's never sat well with me actually goes along with the separate forum for women idea is that the most outspoken ATC fans wanted equality and acceptance and for everyone to be Ghostbusters, which is fine and how it should be except a lot of them would be angered by "women only" products but fully buy into Feig's group that have completely different uniforms and equipment. i.e. their own versions. Having been around this fandom since '05 I've always found it to be inclusive for both genders, but the reboot did unearth the heinousness of the fandom on both sides of the argument. But other than the fractional hateful sect of the fandom that obviously wasn't paying to attention for the past 35 years, women have always been in this fandom
I don't think it's explicitly necessary - if there's sufficient demand/requests for it I guess the forum staff can have a conference regarding it, but for the time being I believe the forum serves it's female members as well as it's male members.
Sav C liked this
I know how my post sounds and I also used to think the same thing.

With the 501st there are actually quite a few female Tie Pilots. I am not sure what about the costume attracts females compared to other costumes like a Stormtrooper. However they have their own facebook group called the Black Widows or something like that. Originally I also thought why do they need a separate group as we have forums and facebook groups for everyone to contribute to. Maybe they just prefer to discuss certain things with other female.

You said there is no question a male wouldn't understand?

Let me explain it like this. I have never suffered from depression in my life. I have been sad or depressed but that is totally different. I would never tell someone who is depressed that I know what they are going through. I would never tell them to snap out of it. I would never tell them to go outside as it is sunny out and that will make them feel better. It doesn't work that way.

I have never given birth. I have no idea what the pain is like. Would you say you understand?

I have had gout attacks. I know what that pain is like. If you have never had gout I do not think most people would understand the amount of pain. I would describe the pain level as at 11 on a scale of 1-10. When I had an attack in my toe or ankle it felt like every nerve was on fire. If I brushed my toe or foot against anything the pain level would shoot up. It was so bad that I would think that it would be less painful cutting the foot off, that was how bad it was. I have had a kidney stone. That pain was nothing compared to this. I have had an industrial grade hot glue gun drip a large glob of hot glue on my fingers. Still prefer that over the gout.

Whether we need a separate forum here is up to our female members.
Wiggyof9 wrote: January 18th, 2019, 12:28 am Ask questions a male wouldn't understand? What kind of questions are so alien to men that we wouldn't understand then?

DarkSpectre wrote: October 19th, 2016, 8:41 am I don;t agree with you on well much, but I do agree with the Trump virus permeating everything. And not every women appreciates it. My wife didn't care for the film and Brandi our other member flat out refused to see it. But a great number do, well Holtzmann at least. Nobody seems to care much from a cosplay sense for any of the others.
Here are some pictures of Abby Yates cosplay;

It could be argued that a feminist who doesn't call out the actions of an extreme feminist might actually be an extreme feminist themself.

That being said though, I'm getting concerned that this topic is starting to stray off-topic. There's been enough said about what role people who identified as feminist have played, supposedly played, amd didn't play in regards to the response to and of the workings behind the reboot. There's still a discussion/s to be had over how we as a community treat our sisters in grey, and how welcome they feel here and on other Ghostbusters groups/sites.
Alphagaia, timeware, Sav C liked this
Styrofoam_Guy wrote: January 18th, 2019, 11:11 pm I know how my post sounds and I also used to think the same thing.

With the 501st there are actually quite a few female Tie Pilots. I am not sure what about the costume attracts females compared to other costumes like a Stormtrooper. However they have their own facebook group called the Black Widows or something like that. Originally I also thought why do they need a separate group as we have forums and facebook groups for everyone to contribute to. Maybe they just prefer to discuss certain things with other female.

You said there is no question a male wouldn't understand?

Let me explain it like this. I have never suffered from depression in my life. I have been sad or depressed but that is totally different. I would never tell someone who is depressed that I know what they are going through. I would never tell them to snap out of it. I would never tell them to go outside as it is sunny out and that will make them feel better. It doesn't work that way.

I have never given birth. I have no idea what the pain is like. Would you say you understand?

I have had gout attacks. I know what that pain is like. If you have never had gout I do not think most people would understand the amount of pain. I would describe the pain level as at 11 on a scale of 1-10. When I had an attack in my toe or ankle it felt like every nerve was on fire. If I brushed my toe or foot against anything the pain level would shoot up. It was so bad that I would think that it would be less painful cutting the foot off, that was how bad it was. I have had a kidney stone. That pain was nothing compared to this. I have had an industrial grade hot glue gun drip a large glob of hot glue on my fingers. Still prefer that over the gout.

Whether we need a separate forum here is up to our female members.
Sooo... we need separate section for women so they can talk about clothes and how painful having babies are? And we need a mens forum to talk about gout??? I... I cant even wrap my head around how we got to this point.
Wiggyof9 wrote: January 19th, 2019, 9:49 pmSooo... we need separate section for women so they can talk about clothes and how painful having babies are? And we need a mens forum to talk about gout??? I... I cant even wrap my head around how we got to this point.
I don't think that was the point he was to make, simply that there are some things that we just won't be able to understand as a woman will because we'll never experience those things ourselves.
I am sorry that I was not able to explain things better.

I live in a fairly safe city. However I have seen some FB posts from some of my female friends of incidents where it got me thinking that as a male, there are certain things I do that I would not give a second thought to but for some of my female friends they have to plan ahead and make specific decisions.

It was after one of these posts that made me realize that on some things I would never understand some of the things they can go through. Of course it can also work the other way.

Kingpin wrote: January 20th, 2019, 7:02 am
Wiggyof9 wrote: January 19th, 2019, 9:49 pmSooo... we need separate section for women so they can talk about clothes and how painful having babies are? And we need a mens forum to talk about gout??? I... I cant even wrap my head around how we got to this point.
I don't think that was the point he was to make, simply that there are some things that we just won't be able to understand as a woman will because we'll never experience those things ourselves.

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]