For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
By SSJmole
Hello.

Netflix UK has season 1 78 episodes , season 2 13 episodes , season 3 has 8 , season 4 9 and season 5 8

I assume wrong order or something as my favourite episode "The Revenge of Murray the Mantis" is in season 1 but it's no on the dvd of season 1 and most list as season 2 but that's ok. What's bugging Nevis it's like 117 episodes I thought there was more unless the rest are Slimer and the real ghostbusters which was less enjoyable but I'd still want it.
Last edited by SSJmole on January 22nd, 2019, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, Netflix is missing episodes.

It sounds like you're using a different list in terms of "seasons." Murray the Mantis wasn't Season 1 (which was only 13 episodes). It was in Season 2. Or were you meaning to say that Netflix has it listed in Season 1?

In total, there are 173 episodes, so yes, Netflix is missing quite a few.
By SSJmole
Doctor Venkman wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 12:28 pm Yes, Netflix is missing episodes.

It sounds like you're using a different list in terms of "seasons." Murray the Mantis wasn't Season 1 (which was only 13 episodes). It was in Season 2. Or were you meaning to say that Netflix has it listed in Season 1?

In total, there are 173 episodes, so yes, Netflix is missing quite a few.
Netflix listed it. See above Netflix says season 1 has 78 which I know is wrong.

Thank you. I wonder why it's missing them. Some of the dvd sets are like 111 or something so I'm now wondering if it's rights to music or something
By Fritz
SSJmole wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 12:25 pm Hello.

Netflix UK has season 1 78 episodes , season 2 13 episodes , season 3 has 8 , season 4 9 and season 5 8

I assume wrong order or something as my favourite episode "The Revenge of Murray the Mantis" is in season 1 but it's no on the dvd of season 1 and most list as season 2 but that's ok. What's bugging Nevis it's like 117 episodes I thought there was more unless the rest are Slimer and the real ghostbusters which was less enjoyable but I'd still want it.
There are some episode listings, which have mostly fallen out of favor, that consider the 65 syndicated episodes as part of Season 1. They do fit together with them in some ways, what with JMS script editing and Lorenzo Music and Laura Summer in the voice cast. So at first glance that looks right up until the end of "Season 3" (aka Season 4, the ABC 1988 season)

So in summation:
Season 1: ABC 1986. 13 Epsodes.
Season 2: 65 Syndicated episodes. Sometimes considered part of Season 1
Season 3: ABC 1987. 13 episodes. Sometimes considered Season 2
Season 4: ABC 1988. 8 episodes. Sometimes considered Season 3
Season 5: ABC 1989 (post GB2). 8 half hour episodes, 12 fifteen minute episodes. Sometimes considered Season 4
Season 6: ABC 1990. Sixteen episodes. Sometimes considered Season 5
Season 7: ABC 1991. Four episodes. Sometimes considered Season 6

Maybe the Spook Central episode guide can be of help in determining which ones are missing:
https://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral/rgb_ep.htm

Slimer! is another ball of wax, a number of fifteen minute episodes that ran in 1988 (before an after the RGB episodes) and rerun sometimes in 1989. Again, look at the Spook Central guide:
https://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral/sgb_ep.htm
Frankly all the later episodes after Lorenzo Music was fired aren't very good in my opinion anyway. So I don't care about the missing episodes. The whole show became dumb when they decided to have Slimer be the main focus of the show. It's funny. All my favorite episodes I watched as a kid either had Slimer in a tiny role or no Slimer at all. Even as a kid I didn't care that much about Slimer. I cared more about the actual Ghostbusters. Never even got the Slimer action figure from Real Ghostbusters. I later did get the Extreme Ghostbusters one though just cause I thought I should complete my collection by having him. But he was never my favorite.
SSJmole, Wafflerobot liked this
By ccv66
There's good episodes after Lorenzo, but the show in general does tail off. There's about 18 missing episodes + the 12 slimer spin-offs ones( not worth watching). Taking a quick glance I don't think Netflix is missing any classics.I wouldn't bother buying any DVDs wait till it comes out on Blu-ray.
SSJmole liked this
By SSJmole
ccv66 wrote: January 24th, 2019, 11:41 am There's good episodes after Lorenzo, but the show in general does tail off. There's about 18 missing episodes + the 12 slimer spin-offs ones( not worth watching). Taking a quick glance I don't think Netflix is missing any classics.I wouldn't bother buying any DVDs wait till it comes out on Blu-ray.
If it comes lol dvd releases in UK were kinda shit.

But yes wasn't as good at the end , though if you count extreme , back in the saddle was great imo
By SSJmole
Netflix via now getting resident evil. I'm assuming ghostbusters wouldn't happen now as it has elements that parody horror and they wouldn't want their big new show to be mocked by public jokes ghostbusters starts
I am not surprised if The Real Ghostbusters is missing episodes again. When Netflicks first screened it in 2016, they left out the episode "Janine, You've Changed from the 1990 season for some strange reason. I am guessing it was some kind of rights issue, many other popular television shows that have aired Netflicks have had this happen. Back when Netflicks screened Miami Vice, they cut an episode from the fourth season due to rights issues with the music featured it in.
By SSJmole
Peter Venkman Jr. wrote: January 26th, 2019, 10:17 am I am not surprised if The Real Ghostbusters is missing episodes again. When Netflicks first screened it in 2016, they left out the episode "Janine, You've Changed from the 1990 season for some strange reason. I am guessing it was some kind of rights issue, many other popular television shows that have aired Netflicks have had this happen. Back when Netflicks screened Miami Vice, they cut an episode from the fourth season due to rights issues with the music featured it in.
Yeah it's always unfortunate. Happens on dvd too like my Sabrina the teenage witch dvds wrong music or worse was Dawson's creek. I popped it expecting this

https://youtu.be/raGFI8pUau0 one of the greatest TV themes of all time to me. What I got However was https://youtu.be/sjql5bkkL5E killed a big chunk of my nostalgia
SSJmole wrote: April 1st, 2019, 6:42 am Not an April fools. Today Netflix (UK) removed the whole series 😭
Same here in the U.S. At least I have the DVD set. Though I only ever watch the first 3 volumes. I really don't like the episodes after Lorenzo Music was fired. And when all the other stupid changes happened. I'd love to visit an alternate universe where the network didn't force the writers to change everything and Lorenzo Music, Arsenio Hall, and Laura Summer weren't replaced. And where Slimer didn't become the main focus of the show. How I'd love to see an alternate Universe where that didn't happen.
why can't online services stream full lists in correct orders? I watched the Netflix rgb while I worked out, and noticed that they had many episodes missing. will have to go to storage and get my set out to finish the episodes missed
I think netflix was showing the most recent DVD release versions, which themselves were missing episodes (Janine, you've changed, Haunting of Heck House, Ghost World, you know the few good ones that year.)

At least the season 5 long episodes were at the right speed, unlike time life but all the short episodes were also missing.

Also I would argue season 4 (1988) was good, and was better than 3 and 5+. Flip Side, Standing room only, Follow that hearse, Robo-Buster, and Jokes on Ray are all in my top 20.
By thewoe
Kingpin wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 9:30 am By the looks of it, a bit of miscounting, based partially on Netflix's erroneous way of listing the show's episodes per season.
Apparently people include The syndicated episodes or something.... It confuses the hell out of me. But officially There is apparently 147 episodes.
By 80sguy
thewoe wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 8:58 am Im really confused, I thought there was a total of 147 episodes (Including the slimmer episodes) So where has 174 episodes come from?
I remember there were some episodes which contained two 15 minute episodes, so maybe they're counting those instead of the episode as a whole.
devilmanozzy liked this
80sguy wrote: June 24th, 2019, 7:30 am
thewoe wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 8:58 am Im really confused, I thought there was a total of 147 episodes (Including the slimmer episodes) So where has 174 episodes come from?
I remember there were some episodes which contained two 15 minute episodes, so maybe they're counting those instead of the episode as a whole.
Correct. 12 RGB episodes are the short ones. So you minus 6 from 140 (134), then add 13 as the Slimer shorts were lumped together that way.

Looking over Spook Centrals notes on the 2016 release of the RGB, they match.
https://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral ... dvd-review

Episodes he listed missing:
This Post Contains Spoilers
    Proton Props UK

A handful? Really? Good luck with your wait, I ho[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]