By DeLoreanDMC81
Yep, you read the headline correct.

After a long time of searching I went and looked at a 1959 Miller Meteor Hearse yesterday. I liked it so much I went ahead and bought it.

The engine runs strong, the transmission had been rebuilt, the interior is immaculate. It was just a really nice car.

Now the next question for everyone, is there anyone that knows anyone that might have the rear glass and window trim for the Miller Meteor?

Everyone keeps telling me to leave this as a hearse, but if I find the windows and trim I'm going to install them, instead.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and I will definitely keep you all up to date on how this project rolls along.

James
Last edited by DeLoreanDMC81 on May 19th, 2019, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Croker, robandliv, deadderek and 3 others liked this
By Kingpin
She's a beauty, though I have to wonder why the previous owner drilled the driver's door.

Your best bet would be to start checking out salvage yards and part traders, though it's going to be some substantial modification work you'll be going through to make that hears look like a combo.
By deadderek
That is one NICE ass lookin' car. Congrats!!!
By DeLoreanDMC81
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the excited comments. I'm worried and excited to take on a large project like this.

You have on one hand the die hard purists that tell me to leave it a hearse. Then on the other hand you have people telling me to make it an Ectomobile.

The reason I bought it is to turn it into an Ectomobile. That's just a car I've wanted since I was a kid, and now it's in my grasp.

What do you all think? What would you do if you were in my situation?
She's a beauty, though I have to wonder why the previous owner drilled the driver's door.

Your best bet would be to start checking out salvage yards and part traders, though it's going to be some substantial modification work you'll be going through to make that hears look like a combo.
That's the weird thing about previous owners, you have no idea why they did the things they did? People are strange.

You know, I'm up for the challenge to getting this converted over. By the end of it though I may want to buy a gun. lol

James
Last edited by DeLoreanDMC81 on February 5th, 2019, 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Kingpin
Well, on the one hand I can see the point of the purists' argument, as these cars are getting rarer each year.

But... At the end of the day it's your car, and as with every Ecto-1 owner before you, it's your property to do with as you wish - including not having to listen to the purists, some of whom are rather arrogant.
By DeLoreanDMC81
So I'm still waiting for my car to arrive. The shipping service told me between February 4-8. When I called yesterday they told me it would probably be at the end of next week.

So, I told them to take a hike. From my personal experience, don't use Nexus Auto Transport. With conversations I've had with them they were super unprofessional.

Anywho, I found another company that says they will pick it up Monday. So we shall see what happens.

As for what I'm going to do to the car. It is going to be turned into an Ectomobile. The purists are going to hate me, but as it's been said, it's my car and I'm going to do what brings me the satisfaction.

I'm still on the hunt for the windows and window trim though.

Also, I found this mirror on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Retro- ... SwQd5cW5lL

Is this the correct mirror that goes on the passenger side fender?

Thanks everyone!

James
By deadderek
Hearses come in every year, different companies, different styles on and on.
You have a 1959 MM Cadillac.
You know what must be done. Go for it.
NickFame13, SpaceBallz liked this
By montclaire
You know, there are some very talented people these days who can do phenomenal paint work, including simulated chrome trim that looks real until you get right next to it. Might be something to try while you work on hunting down conversion parts.
By DeLoreanDMC81
Hey gang! Sorry, it's been a while since posting in here.

To answer a few burning questions, yes, this is going to be turned into an ambulance model.

Good news is, a few weeks ago my wife and I traveled all over the USA getting parts for the car. Now, I've got all the exterior trim pieces, along with the interior trim pieces, plus some extra little goodies.

I wish I could actually post pictures on here, instead of providing the links (like in my first post.) But I have no clue how to do that?
If anyone does, please point me in the right direction.

There is a bunch of stuff I'd like to show off, like interior pieces, etc. Also, on our travels, we were able to pick up the correct mortuary cot for the Proton Packs.

So stay tuned for additional updates.

James
By DeLoreanDMC81
Thank you kindly.

I hear ya, finding this one was incredibly difficult. My wife and I drove cross country to pick it up.

Oh, the crazy things we do for our hobbies.

Also, I just PM'ed you a link. Maybe they have a Mortuary Cot for you?

James
[SPOILERS] NEW GB MOVIE SUMMER 2020!

Compared to 30 years of waiting, some months ARE s[…]

How would you fix GB2016?

My point is they thought all it did was attract […]

Here's a link of Part 4 of my Video Game lets pl[…]

Sniffer box changes again to a weathered white a[…]