Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By groschopf
Slimered wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 4:27 pm Everything is political to a certain extent.
Especially Dan's original treatment for Ghostbusters III, after the fact:

"I wrote a script called Hell Bent—Ghostbusters go to Hell, basically. The premise is that it’s Manhellton. There’s Manhattan and ManHELLton. And ... you can build an inter-dimensional phase system so that you can go from one dimension to another. We’ve succeeded doing that, and we go to the Hell side. Central Park is this huge, deep mine, green demons there, surrounded by black onyx thousand-foot-high apartment buildings with classic red devils. Very wealthy. And we go visit a Donald Trump-like character—Mr. Siffler. Lou Siffler, Lucifer. So I will say we meet the devil in it."

source
Sav C, Slimered, SpaceBallz liked this
By Sav C
Wiggyof9 wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 3:18 pm Everyone doesn't need to be related to everyone. This isn't Star Wars.
groschopf wrote: Especially Dan's original treatment for Ghostbusters III, after the fact:

"I wrote a script called Hell Bent—Ghostbusters go to Hell, basically. The premise is that it’s Manhellton. There’s Manhattan and ManHELLton. And ... you can build an inter-dimensional phase system so that you can go from one dimension to another. We’ve succeeded doing that, and we go to the Hell side. Central Park is this huge, deep mine, green demons there, surrounded by black onyx thousand-foot-high apartment buildings with classic red devils. Very wealthy. And we go visit a Donald Trump-like character—Mr. Siffler. Lou Siffler, Lucifer. So I will say we meet the devil in it."
You know, I never really liked that idea when I heard it originally. But, hearing it now, I think it sounds really good!
deadderek, back liked this
By mrmichaelt
Davideverona wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 11:55 pmWell, seems like production designer François Audouy will start his work on GB20 tomorrow!
Nice! Looking through his imdb, interesting career. Got his start in the mid-late 90s on Batman Forever, Mars Attacks!, and Men in Black and some of his recent works included Logan.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
By Coover5
Interesting tidbit, perhaps coincidence or perhaps not, Audouy worked with Bo Welch on several films. Bo Welch was the production designer on GBii. They worked together on Wild Wild West which had a Ghostbusters reference in its theme song:

Now who ya gonna call?
Not the G.B.'s
Now who you gon' call?
J double A G
By Kingpin
Coover5 wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 4:17 pm Yeah he confirmed them then a couple days later said he hadn't. So it's still up in the air.
I don't believe it is. The Daily Mail has a reputation for being rather sloppy when it comes to journalism - an editor was famously forced to resign after a sensational article with photos claiming to be proof of abuse by British soldiers in Iraq was exposed as a hoax - and even when confronted with the evidence it was a hoax, he refused to back down.

There's no video or direct quotes in the article that are from Ernie, which leaves me feeling he never said anything on the matter - it was something invented by someone at the Daily Fail.
SSJmole, Coover5, deadderek and 2 others liked this
By SSJmole
Kingpin wrote: February 3rd, 2019, 3:04 pm
Coover5 wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 4:17 pm Yeah he confirmed them then a couple days later said he hadn't. So it's still up in the air.
I don't believe it is. The Daily Mail has a reputation for being rather sloppy when it comes to journalism - an editor was famously forced to resign after a sensational article with photos claiming to be proof of abuse by British soldiers in Iraq was exposed as a hoax - and even when confronted with the evidence it was a hoax, he refused to back down.

There's no video or direct quotes in the article that are from Ernie, which leaves me feeling he never said anything on the matter - it was something invented by someone at the Daily Fail.
To be fair that's ALL UK papers lol. The star lied about the rock insulting people recently , the sun phone hacked and lied about the victims of hillsborough , mirror has made stuff up before as has Guardian. I don't think we have any trustworthy papers lol

So yeah I agree. Assume lying till prooves otherwise
Coover5, back liked this
By Kingpin
SSJmole wrote: February 3rd, 2019, 3:23 pmTo be fair that's ALL UK papers lol.
Well... No, it isn't. The tabloids are definitely less reliable, with the broadsheets being more reliable. The latter aren't infallible, but I feel you're more likely to not find outright inventions with the latter than the former have already exhibited.
back, SSJmole, deadderek and 2 others liked this
By SSJmole
Kingpin wrote: February 3rd, 2019, 3:42 pm
SSJmole wrote: February 3rd, 2019, 3:23 pmTo be fair that's ALL UK papers lol.
Well... No, it isn't. The tabloids are definitely less reliable, with the broadsheets being more reliable. The latter aren't infallible, but I feel you're more likely to not find outright inventions with the latter than the former have already exhibited.
Maybe I just feel they are all bad but that's cool I can agree to disagree. The main point was just I was agreeing with your stance on not trusting it yet.
By Slimered
Kingpin wrote: February 3rd, 2019, 3:04 pm

I think it's actually an old article requoted as though it's from a recent interview.
By Sav C
I always thought the Daily Mail was a respectable news source...until I actually saw one of their TV episodes, and thought it was pretty bad.

What's wrong with the Guardian, though? The Guardian is one of my go-to sources for climate change information--is it unreliable somehow?
By Sav C
Same here! It's so exciting that we keep seeing the Ecto-1! I must say, I am glad that they did not run a Ghostbusters ad during that Super Bowl game. (I realize that wasn't really a possibility, but it was mentioned on here nonetheless.) Next year will almost certainly be better.
deadderek liked this
By timeware
I'm beyond ecstatic that they aren't reusing the harry and the Henderson's station wagon. That's not sarcasm I really am very happy about that. I'm crossing my fingers the uniforms are next.
deadderek liked this
By Davideverona
Seems to me that Jason Reitman is a moderate social media guy,so I think that he'll post some tidbits every now and then like the ciak when they start shooting, some casting announcements, the Ecto in front of the firehouse, a glimpse of the jumpsuits... A smoking ghost trap on the last day of shooting.
deadderek, back, Sav C and 1 others liked this
By RichRyan1507
Davideverona wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 11:55 pm Well, seems like production designer François Audouy will start his work on GB20 tomorrow!

Take a look at his tweet!

If he's involved, I'm super stoked! If this new movie can have a feel to it that's similar to Logan, it's going to be amazing.

So far it seems like they're really being intentional about the style they're looking for and putting together a team that reflects it. Even with the teaser trailer being super short, they managed to do everything right from the music to the camera work and even the use of practical effects for the logo at the end.

I can't wait.
Sav C, seekandannoy liked this
By Slimered
Davideverona wrote: February 4th, 2019, 2:44 am Seems to me that Jason Reitman is a moderate social media guy,so I think that he'll post some tidbits every now and then like the ciak when they start shooting, some casting announcements, the Ecto in front of the firehouse, a glimpse of the jumpsuits... A smoking ghost trap on the last day of shooting.
Maybe a selfie with Bill Murray too.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]