Post your suggestions or feedback about the site here.
By NoLarryOnlyZuul
What's going on with the delays on items bought in the store? I currently have 3 orders that have been pushed back over and over again. I understand that some of the items are special order but the "estimated ship date" just changes every day to a later date, sometimes a week at a time.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

Am I ordering from GBFans or Anovos???
By d.negretefarias
Hi. Same issue here. Place my order on 21/1/19, and the shipping date keeps changing, on the items that suposed to be "on stock". Send a mail last week, no answer... Send a mail today again. I just need to know whats happening and if its going to ship or not.
By Spectregater
I have a few 10 day lead time items that are now pushed back to the 12th of March. I ordered them on the 30th of January. Doesn't give me hope for the 45 day items I need by the end of March.
By IndyTaz
I think I'm going to just cancel my order and put in a PayPal claim. I don't intend to wait past a week for in stock items I ordered if the dates suddenly change with no warning nor response to queries.

Regards
T
A
Z
By Kingpin
IndyTaz wrote: February 21st, 2019, 3:44 am I think I'm going to just cancel my order and put in a PayPal claim. I don't intend to wait past a week for in stock items I ordered if the dates suddenly change with no warning nor response to queries.
When did you place the order? Some items are subject to rolling releases due to being special orders - often those items that require manufacture by outside companies.
By IndyTaz
I have two more packages remaining. A full pack and wand sound and lights kit which says a march ship order and my other package which was all cited as "in stock" and is due to ship
By IndyTaz
That matters? If it's past the proposed ship date theres a problem. You let your customer know...A simple email explaining whats going on would alleviate most of the issues people have posted here I'd assume as well. If theres more than one complaint it's likely a real issue.
Surely theres not 100000's of enquiries to warrant a blanket "non-com" standard from the store? If there's a reasonable reason of course I'll "eat my hat."

The "in stock" items were paid for on the 17th. Shipping was to take place on the 20th. Theres no shipping notification and no answer to my querys about a cart malfunction so I had to place yet another order for the missing items and have been stung even extra shipping. Now its funny those two small items have already been sent but my first order hasn't.
So these errors are up to the discretion of the shop to address if they notice it? Because i cant let them know as they dont reply to messages?
It hasn't encouraged me that I've found these posts here in the interim. Are you indicating you have direct contact with the store mate?

Coover5 liked this
By Kingpin
IndyTaz wrote: February 21st, 2019, 4:30 pm That matters? If it's past the proposed ship date theres a problem.
It helps to give me an idea of how long you've been waiting on an item. Please keep in mind that I have no run or responsibility over the store, so I'm asking questions to get up to speed, so I can pass them on to the site Admin.
By AJ Quick
This is gonna be a big one.
NoLarryOnlyZuul wrote: January 25th, 2019, 8:36 amAm I ordering from GBFans or Anovos???
You're ordering from one single person. I am one person that handles THOUSANDS of orders. Sometimes things take a bit longer for me to get done for one reason or another. I also have 2 other jobs. I have also checked and have had zero emails or PM's from you looking for updates, just this thread which would be the slowest method for getting in contact with me.

For full transparency. Lets walk through NoLarryOnlyZuul's orders:

Ordered: Jan. 9, 2019
Estimated Ship Date: January 23, 2019
Actual Ship Date: Feb 4, 2019
(Special Order, Not Stocked Item)

Ordered: Jan 18, 2019
Estimated Ship Date: Jan 29, 2019
Actual Ship Date: Jan 28, 2019
(One day early)

Ordered: Jan. 19, 2019
Estimated Ship Date: Feb 3, 2019
Actual Ship Date: Feb 4, 2019
(Special Order, Not Stocked Item)

Ordered: Feb. 15, 2019
Estimated Ship Date: Feb 22, 2019
Actual Ship Date: Feb 20, 2019
(Two days early)

I'd say I did pretty decently there, with the exception of delays on the two special order items.

The nice thing about the shop is we always provide an estimated ship date before you order, during your order and after you order. That ship date is updated every single day so you are kept up to date of any changes. We also state at the time of ordering: "You acknowledge that you have been provided with an estimated ship date and understand that the estimate is subject to change and is not a guarantee."

I hope I am not coming off as completely rude. I know there is a LOT I need to improve upon as far as answering emails and improving shipment times. If I was able to, I'd certainly hire someone to help take the burden off of me. At this time, I simply cannot afford to do so.
d.negretefarias wrote: February 18th, 2019, 7:11 am Hi. Same issue here. Place my order on 21/1/19, and the shipping date keeps changing, on the items that suposed to be "on stock". Send a mail last week, no answer... Send a mail today again. I just need to know whats happening and if its going to ship or not.
To follow up. Yes. I did see this email and did reply to it on Feb 18th (the day the second email was sent). The 18th was a postal holiday, but it did ship on the 19th. Looking at the order, it was held up for about 2 weeks and for that I am sorry... we had run out of one of the items you ordered and had to wait for a reshipment. These things do happen from time to time. That's why the ship date updates and it essentially goes into a holding pattern.
Spectregater wrote: February 19th, 2019, 12:26 pm I have a few 10 day lead time items that are now pushed back to the 12th of March. I ordered them on the 30th of January. Doesn't give me hope for the 45 day items I need by the end of March.
I had replied to you in a different thread. Similarly, a special order item that we rely upon another company to produce and provide to us. They have been on order with that company since the beginning of January, who regularly promises us that 10 day turn around time. Speaking with them last week, they hope to have them to us before the end of February. The system automatically updated your order to push it out an additional 10 days, and then another 10 days. Obviously if the items come in sooner, they will ship immediately.

I should also note that you ordered something else at the start of February and it shipped the next day (several days ahead of schedule).
IndyTaz wrote: February 21st, 2019, 4:30 pm That matters? If it's past the proposed ship date theres a problem. You let your customer know...A simple email explaining whats going on would alleviate most of the issues people have posted here I'd assume as well. If theres more than one complaint it's likely a real issue.
Surely theres not 100000's of enquiries to warrant a blanket "non-com" standard from the store? If there's a reasonable reason of course I'll "eat my hat."
So it is pretty simple really. You tried to let me know about an error by responding to a post that was posted by our bot [GBFans]. Obviously I did not see that posting as I do not regularly monitor that bot's account for replies. You also sent an email on the 16th. And it is pretty simple. I just did not see your email. For your reference and for full transparency when someone replies directly to an order email, it is highlighted and starred in my Inbox to direct my attention to it. When someone sends me a random email that isn't a reply to an order email, it has to fend for itself among the 1000-2000 emails I receive every day. Yes. That many.. every. single. day.
IndyTaz wrote: February 21st, 2019, 4:30 pm The "in stock" items were paid for on the 17th. Shipping was to take place on the 20th. Theres no shipping notification and no answer to my querys about a cart malfunction so I had to place yet another order for the missing items and have been stung even extra shipping. Now its funny those two small items have already been sent but my first order hasn't.
So these errors are up to the discretion of the shop to address if they notice it? Because i cant let them know as they dont reply to messages?
It hasn't encouraged me that I've found these posts here in the interim. Are you indicating you have direct contact with the store mate?
Now to answer your question here. Yes. Your order was set to ship on Feb 20th. Then it got delayed to today, the 21st. This is a normal operating delay as I just have not gotten to it yet. It probably also doesn't help that you are in Australia, where it is probably already the 22nd there... making the delay seem even longer. That being said, we keep you up to date by updating the Estimated Ship Date on your order, which you can reference. We don't email or contact letting you know of a 1 or 2 day delay as that would literally fill up your inbox as much as mine is.

Now regarding the 2nd order that you placed and has already shipped. Obviously there isn't anything I can do to reverse that, nor can I combine shipping at this point. But as a courtesy, I will issue you a refund for the shipping of the 2nd package in the amount of $15.43 (USD). If you have any concerns over the shipping expenses you can verify the shipping rates on USPS.com... you will find US to Australia falls into one of the most expensive shipping fees and the cost starts at $14.25 (USD). If I was shipping an empty box to you, it would cost $14.25+ (USD) for example.

I hope I have addressed everyone's concerns here. Thank you to Kingpin for letting me know about this thread... as I would have otherwise not seen it.
By AJ Quick
And just a further explanation for IndyTaz.

Monday was a federal holiday, so all the shipments we would have done on that Monday got pushed back to Tuesday. Strangely the President's Day holiday is the only one not automatically accounted for in our system.
By NoLarryOnlyZuul
I started this thread to draw attention to a problem that I felt may have been a one-off or maybe not, possibly a new trend as it seemed materials weren't getting out as fast as in the past. Kingpin replied, i read and understood that I didn't have a perfect grasp on how the shop worked. I wasn't aware that the "rolling dates" were something out of 1 person's control and I took the original shipping dates literally. In the past it seemed that stuff got out on or before the posted dates.

I never once took it so far as an email because i understood the explanation from Kingpin. However, I also never updated after receiving the items I ordered and for that I apologize.

I do have a problem with my orders being laid out, especially the last one (listed as "early" but, again, after the post had been made here). That was completely unnecessary seeing as you already knew that I'd already gotten the items I'd posted about and had actually ordered more stuff.

Now that this is behind us I hope to be able to move forward with a better understanding of the shops operations.
By NoLarryOnlyZuul
AJ Quick wrote:I only wanted to mention it because I didn't want to make it seem like I saw this thread and then gave you special treatment or favoritism. I literally only saw this thread today.
I understand and will move forward from here. Future orders will come and with a better grasp of shop operations on my end.
By IndyTaz
Well...AJ my hat is off and I'm covering it in Tabasco. Although I'm not entirely happy with what I see as the problems arising from a convoluted system I really do appreciate your refund and full explaination for the "why" and "wherefores" to everyone.
I feel your polite and empathic demeanor does you credit in that sense of customer service so... thankyou.
So....would it not be a good idea to create or even pin this thread which addresses folks current concerns? If the other avenues arent particuliarly monitored?
I still have my full sound and light kit to come. Do you forsee any problems there AJ?

Respect
T
A
Z
By Spectregater
My comments really weren't complaints. Most items I have ordered were in stock and shipped very quickly. It's just this last one included special order items, and I didn't know how the process worked on them. Thank you AJ for explaining how they work. Again my experiences shopping here have been great and shipping has been impressive.
By IndyTaz
Hello,

AJ, I would like to notify you that since my estimated shipping date has now been pushed forward by another month from initial order of 17th Feb to April 11th and now to near the limit of the 100 estimated lead time to May 31 that if it doesn't ship by that limit I will be cancelling my order and requesting a full refund. Thanks in advance for your understanding and appreciate your time. I've sent the webmaster address a copy of this message as well as your other avenues. If you would prefer I am happy to take a refund now even though I've purchased the in stock cabling and received it.

Regards

Christian Murfet

By AJ Quick
Just letting you know if the remainder of my order isn't ready or shipped by the proposed April 11 as indicated I'll be cancelling and claiming it back.
I'm not sure why you felt the need to threaten me if it isn't shipped by April 11th.

This is from your order confirmation email sent on Feb 17th:
Package #2
Estimated Ship Date: May 31, 2019

Pack: Amplified Sound Board
Special Order! 100 Day Extra Leadtime
Quantity: 1
Price: $69.99

Pack: Proton Gun / Wand Light Kit
Price: $59.99

Pack: Power Cell and Cyclotron Light Kit
Price: $49.99
Pretty clear. Not sure what the issue is now, or why you are feeling the need to threaten me now. You've had an estimated ship date of May 31st before you placed your order.
By IndyTaz
Why would you consider it a threat? Im just stating it to be clear.
You did mention along the lines that you are onslaughted with 10000's of emails and orders etc So I sent this same notification here, your email and other contacts that I could find.
I don't believe I've been anything other than polite. Thats not your opinion?
When I originally ordered the link said April 11 as my shipping date. I would not think you are calling me a liar.
As you said it rolls over. Is it u reasonable to expect a refund if the ship period exceeds the stated 100 day lead time? Are you saying customers are not allowed to do that? Just like you to clarify please and on the accusations you've levelled.

Thanks
T
A
Z

By AJ Quick
IndyTaz wrote:When I originally ordered the link said April 11 as my shipping date. I would not think you are calling me a liar.
A liar? No, mistaken... yes.

Your order confirmation email displays the same date that it shows:

-In the Cart
-During Checkout
-After Order (Confirmation Email)

As we have been through in this very thread. You agree that this is estimate and is subject to change when you placed your order. You agreed that this is not a guarantee of product availability nor a guarantee of a shipping date.

You are more than welcome to go back to your email from February to see the date of May 31st. I have posted an excerpt from the email above showing the date as well.
IndyTaz wrote:Why would you consider it a threat? Im just stating it to be clear.
Because you contacted me out of the blue stating that you would file a chargeback or dispute if your order was not shipped by April 11th. This is a demanding threat that you will cause harm to my business if an order does not ship by an arbitrary date that you have selected. A date which is a solid 45 days before the stated estimate of May 31, which you received and acknowledged before you ordered...
By IndyTaz
AJ contacting you with a decision to claim a refund at the end of the 100 day lead time is not unreasonable. Nor "out of the blue." I already asked you in this thread whether you could foresee any issues with receiving my lights and sound order by the 100 day expiry.
You either did not see or chose not to answer that query. I have also made a choice.
I was not mistaken. April was the initial date given for my full ordef. When everything bar the sound and light order component shipped April 11 was headed over the remaining items (sound & lights). But that point is moot.
My rights as a consumer are not waived because you have a "forever" clause in your shop front. You have given an expected and "reasonable" timeframe or receipt window for myself as the customer to receive my goods. I have simply asked for a refund when that 100 days expires or sooner if you feel you cannot meet it. Politely. I'm not reliant on you to receive it. It will happen by the very nature of Australian consumer protection laws if I file a claim.

Can I ask you candidly, now you're answering and are connectable...has my sound and light order been forwarded to the manufacturer? Have you received a response? Given a lead time? Or are you helpless in this situation?

Thank you.
T
A
Z

Last edited by IndyTaz on March 15th, 2019, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By AJ Quick
IndyTaz wrote: March 15th, 2019, 5:24 pmCan I ask you candidly, now you're answering and are connectable...has my sound and light order been forwarded to the manufacturer? Have you received a response? Given a lead time? Or are you helpless in this situation?
That's not how the ordering process works. I do not order individual products for people, I do large orders of hundreds of items and they ship to customers when they arrive. On average, it takes 100 days to order and produce a large run of products like the electronic boards or similar items that get produced in batches in a factory. This is not me or anyone slaving over one single product for someone, I strive to have everything in stock to ship immediately whenever possible.

Some items are truly "Special Order" which does require exact production for someone, but that is for custom products like name tags or ID badges.

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]