Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Coover5
Dr.D wrote: March 1st, 2019, 2:29 pm That being said...I'd prefer to see Gaten Matarazzo as the lead if we have to go with Stranger Things kids. That's a charming kid who could easily play a Stantz family member .
but I hear he has trouble keeping his trap shut
By deadderek
RichRyan1507 wrote: March 1st, 2019, 2:58 pm There are so many different directions that this story could take. Who knows if the kids even become Busters at all. I can't wait!
"The possibilities are endless!"

"It's gonna be bigger than a microchip."

Just a few things that run through my head thinking about the upcoming movie!!!
By SpaceBallz
Very interesting short story snippet.

-Either one of the 'busters has an illegitimate kid that was conceived by passion when they were famous in the original
-Or they are descendants of Ivor Shandor.

I know there's probably a hundred other theories, but I'm going with either of those two for now.
mrmichaelt, deadderek liked this
By Coover5
No, I doubt the single mom is egon's widow and son. maybe one or the other.

Joking aside, wasn't it confirmed that GB20 would be present day? The woman playing the mom is younger than Ramis's real life daughter. Not sure I could see that pairing.
By philmorgan81
A mother and son that have some mysterious ties to the 1984 film. That’s good enough for me. :)

With it being this actor and actress it’s wonderfully obvious that it couldn’t be Dana and Oscar. This is terrific. :):):)

I am wondering if this has anything to do with Gozer. If it does at least that has powerful entity covered. I am not going to get too ahead of myself, but I am satisfied with this little tidbit. I am extatic, I mean I have been extatic since January, but the more I hear the more I like. :):):)
RichRyan1507 liked this
By Coover5
I've seen some articles mention the mother and son are connected to the 84 film and some mention they are connected to the original films. Anyone knows if they are connected to 84 specifically?
By Davideverona
I think no one will be a Ghostbuster's child/grandchild /nephew.

The only buster with a romantic relationship was Venkman in 1989. This woman can't be his daughter, she would be max 29 years old.

So, we can forget about sons and daughters.

It was never mentioned that the Ghostbusters had brothers or sisters, so we can count nephews out.

Maybe she's related to Janine or Louis.
By Davideverona
Coover5 wrote: March 1st, 2019, 4:05 pm I got the inside track on the specific nature of the Finn Wolfhard's part. I'm not suppose to share this but...

Finn Wolfhard plays
This Post Contains Spoilers

Why not? Think a reverse Diff'rent Strokes
By Alphagaia
It's noteworthy they specifically mention ties to the first movie, not the second.

Maybe Stay Puft destroyed their home when the mom was younger and the family left to a more rural place. Might even be the first scene in the movie. Them minding their own business and Bam here comes a mysterious white shape that stomps through their house.

Or maybe the mom encountered Slimer in the hotel when on holliday.

Perhaps they have ties to either the librarian or the grey lady.

They could also be clients to the GB, and the vengeful ghost that haunted them finally found her after escaping the containment unit.
Sav C liked this
By ghostJAR
‪Hmmm. She’s 38 in real life. If her character is about the same age. She would have been 3yrs old when the events of GB1 happed and 9yrs old in GB2.

Just putting that out there.‬
By SpaceBallz
I'm more inclined to believe the kids are grandchildren as opposed to children of the OGs. Finn does look a bit like Egon. Janine the grandma?
By back
Davideverona wrote: March 1st, 2019, 4:43 pm Calling it now: they have Shandor's blood in their veins.
Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
Shandor... Thats a name we Havent heard since 2009.

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
I hope that by "focus on" they mean "the single mom and her family will be the secondary characters, and not the actual primary focus". I'm not interested in "Paranormal Activity, featuring a cameo by the Ghostbusters".
Agreed!
deadderek, One time liked this
By deadderek
Alphagaia wrote: March 1st, 2019, 5:34 pm Actors play younger/older people all the time.
In a movie I played a 16 year old high school student...while being 24.

It happens all the time.
By timeware
Speaking of paranormal It surprises me that no ones done a Slimer parody of the bedroom scene. Unless I haven't been paying attention, and I'm usually not.
By Wiggyof9

Davideverona wrote: It was never mentioned that the Ghostbusters had brothers or sisters, so we can count nephews out.
It was never said they didn't either. Not mentioning something is not the same as specifically declaring something doesn't exist.
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
By deadderek
Sav C wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 12:38 am
deadderek wrote: March 1st, 2019, 7:10 pm

In a movie I played a 16 year old high school student...while being 24.

It happens all the time.
You're an actor? :)
Oh let me clarify: I've been an extra in a few movies...before our then governor pissed everyone off and cut the movie tax credits.
Sav C liked this
judo century knee pads

Does anyone have any spare pairs of century judo? […]

From what I understand, from 1990-1991, it was cal[…]

When Did They Begin?

Does anyone know when the first franchise OFFICIAL[…]

The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]