Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Sav C
Kingpin wrote: March 12th, 2019, 2:28 am Not that I want to rain on the parade, but isn't speculating on the film's financial return this early into things basically the financial version of forecasting the weather a year from now?
Shh... Don't tell that to Wall Street...

"Next years earnings prediction: $1.45."
BUY! BUY! BUY!
"Earnings prediction revised to $1.44."
SELL! SELL! SELL!

Not to brag, but I can predict the weather several years out: without any luck, each coming year will be hotter than the previous, unfortunately.
robbritton liked this
By Alphagaia
Jason Reitman is currently in the casting process for a new “Ghostbusters” film, taking up the reins from his late father, Ivan,
Wait, what?
Late????
By philmorgan81
Alright! We have ourselves a 17 year old. Someone to potentially drive the car. ;).

I am still getting the strong feeling that the OGs will be carrying the majority of the movie. I really feel like this movie is going to feel like a true passing of the torch. The more that gets revealed I feel that the transition will feel very natural. :):):)
By timeware
Davideverona wrote:Maybe Ivan has problems with watches and is never on time. Always late for meetings, auditions and so on.
Probably confusing Ivan with Harold. These days journalists don't have to check their facts or resources .Hopefully they'll make the correction.
Alphagaia, Kingpin liked this
By Slimered
Davideverona wrote: March 12th, 2019, 12:38 am I'm wondering what the JR's Instagram post for the first day of shooting will be.

The three original Ghostbusters side by side with the caption "and so we begin anew" without having previously announced their involvement?
Hopefully this. They'd get instant hype for the film straight away.
By *NormalGamer*
philmorgan81 wrote: March 12th, 2019, 4:14 pm Alright! We have ourselves a 17 year old. Someone to potentially drive the car. ;).

I am still getting the strong feeling that the OGs will be carrying the majority of the movie. I really feel like this movie is going to feel like a true passing of the torch. The more that gets revealed I feel that the transition will feel very natural. :):):)
Pretty much; hopefully it goes well. :)
By timeware
Ghostbusters 2020: Extreme Ghostbusters part 2. It would be pretty awesome if the film does well and earns an animated series with the EXGB crew serving as mentors in some capacity. A good way to continue the RGB universe. the original OG's would be way to old, and I think the EXGB's would be in their mid thirties by now.
By deadderek
Dr.D wrote: March 12th, 2019, 7:40 pm I think everyone should be prepared for the OGBs to be secondary characters.
Agreed. Sadly.
By philmorgan81
deadderek wrote: March 12th, 2019, 8:13 pm
Dr.D wrote: March 12th, 2019, 7:40 pm I think everyone should be prepared for the OGBs to be secondary characters.
Agreed. Sadly.
Oh I am very much prepared for that. ;)

It's just that the OGs playing a bigger part in the film is the only thing that would take me completely by suprise. :):):)

The more stuff that gets revealed I just get this feeling that the
OGs are going to be more than just secondary characters. I am getting the feeling that both generations are going to be well represented. :):):)
By Michael Scott
I’ll take it a step further and say I’d be surprised to see any of them suit up, with a 50/50 chance any of them fire any equipment.
By Coover5
It's not what I would want but I'm prepared for GB20 to have no OGBs. I'm still shocked the "never going to happen" Ghostbusters 3 is in production.
By timeware
Michael Scott wrote: March 12th, 2019, 9:49 pm
I’ll take it a step further and say I’d be surprised to see any of them suit up, with a 50/50 chance any of them fire any equipment.
Maybe not the standard equipment. Doesn't mean they cant drive a vehicle that has proton rifles hooked up to it to save the kiddo's from whatever big bad is planned. Think RV. A tricked out RV with Florida license plates!
By Michael Scott
*sad trombone*

A passing the torch film billed as gift being handed to the fans that doesn’t include the originals would be quite disappointing, in my opinion. I think patience in regards to their involvement will pay off by the convention none of us can afford to attend this summer. It’s the perfect opportunity to make a big reveal.
By Coover5
timeware wrote: March 12th, 2019, 10:33 pm
Michael Scott wrote: March 12th, 2019, 9:49 pm

Maybe not the standard equipment. Doesn't mean they cant drive a vehicle that has proton rifles hooked up to it to save the kiddo's from whatever big bad is planned. Think RV. A tricked out RV with Florida license plates!
When you describe old men driving dangerous vehicles and shooting guns the Florida license plates are assumed.
savintheday, timeware, Dr.D liked this
By Davideverona
You know something we don't :)

With this updated characters descriptions I get the feeling that these kids will grow up to be the next generation of Ghostbusters. We have the award smart one, the enthusiastic one, one who is passionate about repairing cars and the down to earth one.

I can see three scenarios:

1- the OGB have some years of active duty left, just enough for the kids to grow up and take up the mantle.

2- OGB are retired. A new team is already active and the kids will be the third generation of busters.

3- the OGB pass the torch right now and the kids become ghostbusters in this movie.
By *NormalGamer*
BatDan wrote: March 13th, 2019, 7:55 am "Secondary characters" is better than not being in it at all and that's good enough for me.
I concur. The OGB's have already laid the foundation for the franchise for years so because their stories are ending it would make sense to pass it on to new generation of characters.
BatDan liked this
By Slimered
Michael Scott wrote: March 12th, 2019, 10:35 pm *sad trombone*

A passing the torch film billed as gift being handed to the fans that doesn’t include the originals would be quite disappointing, in my opinion. I think patience in regards to their involvement will pay off by the convention none of us can afford to attend this summer. It’s the perfect opportunity to make a big reveal.
'Passing the torch' kind of requires the original Ghostbusters. Somebody has to be there to figuratively pass the torch on to a new group.of Ghostbusters.
By Dr.D
HEY GUYS YOU KNOW WHAT I THINK?

I think everyone should just chill. Sony isn't gonna pull some fast one. OGBs or not, I think this movie is gonna deliver. Maybe not how you expect, but it won't be a cash grab. They already tried that and failed (OBJECTIVELY SPEAKING).

Ghostbusters needs to change to survive. Ghostbusters 2 was criticized as being too much like the first movie in terms of structure. We need something drastically different. The Ghostbusters working in a Peter Vincent capacity would be one way for sure. Who says passing the torch means they are fading into the background? No one. So before anyone gets bent out of shape let's just take a breath and focus on the one thing we do know...

Next year, we are getting a new Ghostbusters film that will follow the originals.

Right now, that's enough for me.
By Coover5
Every time you post a "everyone should just chill" post it reminds me of Ray saying "Everyone can relax. I found the car." I'm not sure people just having fun talking about a movie requires so many announcements to calm down or chill. That's right. I'm saying you need to chill with your chills and calm down with your calm downs.
savintheday liked this
By Kingpin
Coover5 wrote: March 13th, 2019, 6:32 pmpeople just having fun talking about a movie requires so many announcements to calm down or chill.
It's a bit of stir craziness from having such little information to work with.

I won't lie, the temptation's been there to lock everything up until we actually have more concrete information to work on... Not that I'm actually going to lock it up, of course.

I guess... Maybe it's the confrontation of the fact our franchise's heroes aren't industructable anymore, and will be bowing out that's scaring us a little. We've actually been pretty lucky (Extreme Ghostbusters notwithstanding) that most of the Ghostbusters multimedia has featured the guys in their prime, running around, trapping ghosts and ducking or running through the dangers they're encountering.

We've been spoiled by Peter, Ray, Egon and Winston being "forever young"... We didn't have to confront the ageing... And mortality of them like Star Trek and Star Wars fans have had to through seeing the on-screen deaths of the crew of the Enterprise, or the members of the rebellion. We could console ourselves with Harold's death with the fact he still lived on in his films.

But knowing that this is in someways an ending for the original Ghostbusters (even should they not die by the film's closing reel) is one of the harder things to work through, going into the new film. It's hard to let go, I suppose.
RichRyan1507, *NormalGamer*, Sav C and 9 others liked this

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]