I have a question and am not anyone will have an answer for me or not. I bought an already built proton pack from a guy and it is a Ben Of Kent pack with resin parts. The way this person built this pack he used an epoxy and superglue to get the pack pieces to stay (IE: clippards, resistors, cabels) I want to take those off and replace them with real metal parts from this site. Would anyone know on this site how to remove the parts that have been installed like that? I’m asking how to remove parts that have been epoxied and superglued. I really want to spice this pack up. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.
A dremel and a selection of different-sized saws could be one of the simplest options to remove the resin pieces - cut the pieces off, and then file down the remains.
There may be chemical options for dissolving the epoxy/glue, but I don't know how costly these could be, or if they'd cause signifificant damage to the Pack shell.
Kingpin wrote: March 15th, 2019, 2:29 am A dremel and a selection of different-sized saws could be one of the simplest options to remove the resin pieces - cut the pieces off, and then file down the remains.
There may be chemical options for dissolving the epoxy/glue, but I don't know how costly these could be, or if they'd cause signifificant damage to the Pack shell.

This exactly!

So mechanical removal is surely the way to go - BUT i'd highly recommend gaining some (in case you haven't) practical experience before going down on something valuable with a rotary tool (like dremel and alike). It's just miliseconds of unawareness, slightly bad angle or a not so steady hand and you'll probably go swipe frenzy across your item (the are severe dynamics, when high rotations are involved), get stuck or break the cutting disk. :!: And anyways: protection glasses are a big MUST! :!:

For some smaller parts you may try using an scalpel or xacto-knife, but this needs careful handling as well for obvious reasons. :wink:

Don't wanna scare you off at all, but better be safe, than sorry! Good luck with you modding.
Kingpin liked this
How do I add pictures from my iPhone?

And a new shell is out of the question. I know nothing about building these and wiring the electronics. Thanks everyone for the help. That’s why I bought a pack that was already built. I guess that’s what I get for cutting corners 😐
Kingpin wrote: March 16th, 2019, 2:28 am You'll probably need to email them to yourself (or post them to social media like Facebook or Instagram if you have them), download them to a desktop computer/laptop, then upload them to an image host like Imgur.

Hi again,
Well they can't be uploaded to this forum directly, just what Kingpin said: they need to be hosted by an image-hosting provider (there are several out there with different pro's and con's probably) and then you can include a link within you post here.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]