Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By philmorgan81
Kingpin wrote: March 13th, 2019, 6:56 pm
Coover5 wrote: March 13th, 2019, 6:32 pmpeople just having fun talking about a movie requires so many announcements to calm down or chill.
It's a bit of stir craziness from having such little information to work with.

I won't lie, the temptation's been there to lock everything up until we actually have more concrete information to work on... Not that I'm actually going to lock it up, of course.

I guess... Maybe it's the confrontation of the fact our franchise's heroes aren't industructable anymore, and will be bowing out that's scaring us a little. We've actually been pretty lucky (Extreme Ghostbusters notwithstanding) that most of the Ghostbusters multimedia has featured the guys in their prime, running around, trapping ghosts and ducking or running through the dangers they're encountering.

We've been spoiled by Peter, Ray, Egon and Winston being "forever young"... We didn't have to confront the ageing... And mortality of them like Star Trek and Star Wars fans have had to through seeing the on-screen deaths of the crew of the Enterprise, or the members of the rebellion. We could console ourselves with Harold's death with the fact he still lived on in his films.

But knowing that this is in someways an ending for the original Ghostbusters (even should they not die by the film's closing reel) is one of the harder things to work through, going into the new film. It's hard to let go, I suppose.

Very Well Said. :). I couldn't agree more. Hearing other people's thoughts on what they believe will be in this new movie helps releave a lot of that anxiety for me. I know that an important chapter will be closing on the characters we have come to love for all these years. Again if this movie does well enough it could give Ghost Corps the incentive to keep the IDW comics going. In those regards even if we see a chapter close in this new movie we could still see more adventures in the comics where the guys are still in their prime. Like I said there are a lot of stories to tell to fill in the gap between the stories in the comic to the story in this movie. All I do know is after how well the New Halloween, Ash Vs Evil Dead, The Creed Films and Kobra Kai went over. I have 100% confidence that this movie will be something special. Fingers Crossed. :):):)
By Coover5
Dr.D wrote: March 14th, 2019, 8:55 am I hope he plays a gruff newspaper editor who views the Ghostbusters as a menace.
People said trying to explain Ivo Shandor to an audience would take too much time. Try explaining a newspaper lol
Dr.D, Sav C liked this
By SpaceBallz
One thing that's definately plausible - the character description for the 15-year old boy says he likes to work on automobiles. I'm guessing he helps the OGs restore the Ecto.
By Slimered
SpaceBallz wrote: March 14th, 2019, 5:09 pm One thing that's definately plausible - the character description for the 15-year old boy says he likes to work on automobiles. I'm guessing he helps the OGs restore the Ecto.
Why wouldn't they just take the Ecto-1 to a qualified mechanic rather than relying on a 15 year old kid?
By SpaceBallz
Slimered wrote: March 14th, 2019, 5:15 pm
SpaceBallz wrote: March 14th, 2019, 5:09 pm One thing that's definately plausible - the character description for the 15-year old boy says he likes to work on automobiles. I'm guessing he helps the OGs restore the Ecto.
Why wouldn't they just take the Ecto-1 to a qualified mechanic rather than relying on a 15 year old kid?
I'm sure it'll be addressed in the film, I don't see why they'd make the teenager a mechanic and then show the Ecto under a tarp rusted.
By Coover5
SpaceBallz wrote: March 14th, 2019, 5:19 pm
Slimered wrote: March 14th, 2019, 5:15 pm

I'm sure it'll be addressed in the film, I don't see why they'd make the teenager a mechanic and then show the Ecto under a tarp rusted.
Slimered is right. I can't turn a corner around here without seeing an auto shop with a sign reading "We fix 1959 Cadillac ambulances that have been specifically modified for paranormal investigations" We really are swamped with those qualified mechanics. Seriously though, you are probably right. The tarp and character bio line up too well.
savintheday, SpaceBallz liked this
By timeware
The Ecto one was probably put in a middle of nowhere barn for a reason. The whole vehicle, including if any proton packs were stored had the potential of becoming small a-bombs. They didn't take it to a mechanic as to not be held liable if something went wrong.
Coover5, savintheday liked this
By Davideverona
The updated breakdowns makes me think that the kids will work with the Ghostbusters to solve the problems that will arise.

I hope that our Boys in Grey will have a Doc Brown mentoring role. Secondary characters but not too much.
SpaceBallz liked this
By deadderek
Hmmmm I'd be a little cautious...it might just be an overenthusiastic social media manager.
Sav C, Kingpin, SpaceBallz liked this
By savintheday
I'm keeping my hopes in the middle. I think Dan and Ernie will be there for sure, but Bill...my gut is telling me he'll be there also. He was in ATC, he's doing Zombieland 2 with Dan...maybe he's coming around.

If not, I'm still very excited and optimistic about this movie.
Last edited by savintheday on March 15th, 2019, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BatDan, RichRyan1507, Sav C liked this
By BatDan
It's exciting but at the same time...I mean it's Ghostbusters and at the end of the day, GB is Bill Murray-related, hence why it would be posted on a Bill Murray-centric instagram. not completely out of left wing.

still going to remain cautiously optimistic and patient..only 2 1/2 months til GB fest, and we get some more concrete news.
RichRyan1507 liked this
By Dr.D
Hey you know what's a good way to drive up traffic and increase brand awareness? Connect a big buzz worthy pop culture topic that is tangentially related to your creator. I'm excited to see something Murray related talking about GB20 but I wouldn't go too far past that.
BatDan, seekandannoy liked this

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]