Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By savintheday
Dr.D wrote: March 15th, 2019, 2:56 pm Hey you know what's a good way to drive up traffic and increase brand awareness? Connect a big buzz worthy pop culture topic that is tangentially related to your creator. I'm excited to see something Murray related talking about GB20 but I wouldn't go too far past that.
Dr.D liked this
By Coover5
mrmichaelt wrote: March 15th, 2019, 4:36 pm The bigger news to me is Murray and his brothers has a golf clothing line. I knew beforehand they played of course.
It's a pretty lucrative business especially when you're selling a $75 shirt to someone trying to get a hole in one.
Sav C liked this
By Kingpin
Slimered wrote: March 15th, 2019, 5:26 pmPractically confirmation that Bill Murray will be in the film (as if he wouldn't be after he cameod in Answer The Call).
I really don't think we can take anything tweeted on Bill's golfing brand as any type of confirmation, even if it is about "GB3"/"GB2020". Based on past history, it'd probably only be an announcement from Jason or SONY itself that'll serve as definitive proof that Bill will be reprising Venkman next year.
Sav C liked this
By Alphagaia
Davideverona wrote: March 16th, 2019, 4:12 am Based on past history even Murray agreeing to do a part isn't official confirmation until he shows up the first day of shooting.
Heh, didn't Ivan and Dan had to drive to the airport to pick up Bill and hand him the script on the first day of shooting because he had disappeared from the map after shooting Razors Egde?
Sav C liked this
By Davideverona
Alphagaia wrote: March 16th, 2019, 7:31 am
Davideverona wrote: March 16th, 2019, 4:12 am Based on past history even Murray agreeing to do a part isn't official confirmation until he shows up the first day of shooting.
Heh, didn't Ivan and Dan had to drive to the airport to pick up Bill and hand him the script on the first day of shooting because he had disappeared from the map after shooting Razors Egde?
Not really.

He shoot RE and after finishing the last day of shooting he left to reach the Ghostbusters set on the first day of shooting (Ivan and Dan really picked him up at the airport).

RE was financed in exchange of Murray's presence in Ghostbusters.
Sav C liked this
By Alphagaia
Davideverona wrote: March 16th, 2019, 8:44 am
Alphagaia wrote: March 16th, 2019, 7:31 am

Not really.

He shoot RE and after finishing the last day of shooting he left to reach the Ghostbusters set on the first day of shooting (Ivan and Dan really picked him up at the airport).

RE was financed in exchange of Murray's presence in Ghostbusters.
I remember reading in The Big Bad Book of Bill Murray that they lost all contact after he finished RE, with the studio being really worried When I'm home I shall look it up.
By Dr.D
Pretty sure that was always his MO. I've heard similar stories about Caddyshack and other movies where they weren't sure if he was interested. Most of the time he just arrived on set.
Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
By back
Reading, Reading and Reading... This is all that I can see appearing in theaters in 2020...
Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
:sigh:
Oh, and as far as the Box office numbers go, at Worst it'll do $46,018,756 opening weekend. Might not seem like much buts its still one dollar more than another film we talk about on here from time to time ;)
Coover5 liked this
By Slimered
Kingpin wrote: March 16th, 2019, 2:27 am
Slimered wrote: March 15th, 2019, 5:26 pmPractically confirmation that Bill Murray will be in the film (as if he wouldn't be after he cameod in Answer The Call).
I really don't think we can take anything tweeted on Bill's golfing brand as any type of confirmation, even if it is about "GB3"/"GB2020". Based on past history, it'd probably only be an announcement from Jason or SONY itself that'll serve as definitive proof that Bill will be reprising Venkman next year.
They're representing his golfing brand, so they might have inside information.
By timeware
back wrote: March 16th, 2019, 5:10 pm Reading, Reading and Reading... This is all that I can see appearing in theaters in 2020...
:sigh:
Oh, and as far as the Box office numbers go, at Worst it'll do $46,018,756 opening weekend. Might not seem like much buts its still one dollar more than another film we talk about on here from time to time ;)
You forgot that movie Little Monsters starring that kid from Wonder Years who's acting career really took off.
back liked this
By Coover5
timeware wrote: March 16th, 2019, 5:54 pm
You forgot that movie Little Monsters starring that kid from Wonder Years who's acting career really took off.
I still can't believe I was alive during a time where a kids movie could have the hero tricking someone into drinking monster piss even if that person was a bully.
By Wiggyof9
Yeah. Its simple. Ghostbusters is in the news, so Bill Murray is in the news, so they capitalize on the hype.

Or....

The GB3 movie takes place entirely on a golf course and the team complains about how uncomfortable the old suits are just as Bill Murray (playing himself, not Venkman) shows up and hands them outfits from his golf line and the rest of the movie is the Ghostbusters talking about the comfort and breathability of golf shorts.
Sav C liked this
By timeware
Coover5 wrote: March 16th, 2019, 6:09 pm
timeware wrote: March 16th, 2019, 5:54 pm
I still can't believe I was alive during a time where a kids movie could have the hero tricking someone into drinking monster piss even if that person was a bully.
I forgot about that part. I don't think iv'e seen that movie since it was in theatres. Hell I probobly still have the nintendo power tips and tricks guide they gave out with the Wizard tickets. Somewhere.
By back
timeware wrote: March 16th, 2019, 8:33 pm
Coover5 wrote: March 16th, 2019, 6:09 pm

I forgot about that part. I don't think iv'e seen that movie since it was in theatres. Hell I probobly still have the nintendo power tips and tricks guide they gave out with the Wizard tickets. Somewhere.
Heh...
Cat food in the Tuna sandwich, and the fun stuff in the Apple Juice :boogieman:
(watched it last night, thank you fella's)
But I see the argument there, and its extremely valid - a Child based cast CAN be rather epic... I still keep seeing another Monster Squad like movie though. Last I checked the Ghostbusters were ROLE MODELS.
A (Loosely) related example of Role Models would be Scientists & Engineers seeking & obtaining employment at NASA because they watched Star Trek (original series) years earlier.
:whatever:
By BatDan
i just had a thought....

will this be pulling a 'Halloween 18' and ignore everything but 84 ? i know nobody knows for sure, but based on your vibes.

i hope not as i'd like to include some references to Vigo and the slime..
Sav C, SpaceBallz liked this
By philmorgan81
Davideverona wrote: March 17th, 2019, 11:27 am I think it'll reference GB84 without disavow GB89.

Like, the family/events of GB20 are tied to the first film and GB2 still happened but doesn't have ripercussions on the new movie.

This 100% Yeah the mother and son are somehow connected to the first film which can mean anything. They could even be related to the boy that was showing phychic ability in the opening for all we know. ;)

I do believe that all involved have stated that it is a sequel to the first 2 movies. They definately are not going to throw out Ghostbusters 2. Like you said they probably won't go out of there way to reference the events of Ghostbusters 2 unless it is nessecary for the plot of the movie, but they won't go out of there way to say that the events didn't happen either. Just like the events of the 2009 Video Game. If they don't disregard the events it is probably safe to say that it is all Canon. :):):)
Kingpin, Sav C, robbritton liked this
By Slimered
philmorgan81 wrote: March 17th, 2019, 12:29 pm
Davideverona wrote: March 17th, 2019, 11:27 am I think it'll reference GB84 without disavow GB89.

Like, the family/events of GB20 are tied to the first film and GB2 still happened but doesn't have ripercussions on the new movie.

This 100% Yeah the mother and son are somehow connected to the first film which can mean anything. They could even be related to the boy that was showing phychic ability in the opening for all we know. ;)
Hopefully they turn out to be from the 2016 universe, and can therefore provide a bridge to the Answer The Call crew, and the connection to the 1984 original is related to Zuul.
By timeware
Oh God no. I'D rather just have ATC be it's own thing honestly. If we throw in the DeLorean under another tarp in that cabin with Holtzmann's screw u necklace hanging off the rear view mirror with fuzzy dice then I could understand how that plotline happens.

It would have to make real sense for me to be on board with an ATC connection since there wasn't a real connection to the OG's in ATC.
RichRyan1507, back liked this

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]