Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
How long has everyone been a fan? i've been a fan since i saw this movie 34 years ago in theaters when i was 3 being one of the first movies i saw in theaters with Black Cauldron and Goonies and loved it since then.

I mean i had it taped off HBO when i was 4 and i watched/taped the cartoon every afternoon as a kid on syndicated TV and i had t-shirt and toys and ate the cereal, i also saw GB 2 on opening day on my 7th birthday as i recall having a GB birthday cake and all that, i'll never forget it.
Sav C, NGLetho liked this
I was not old enough to see it in theaters but have been a fan ever since I was a kid.

One of the best memories I have was when I was really sick (had a monster ear infection) and after the doctor visited when he did house calls, was my dad suprising me with a VHS of Ghostbusters. Watched it several times that day.

I had every toy, birthday parties and everything else. It's such a bummer that I dont have them anymore. If I could go back in time that would be one thing of many I would've liked to hold onto.
it was my first theater experience. loved it then, still love it now.

Still don't get why people talk down to it like its Howard the Duck or something...Is it a perfect movie? not at all. but i dont think it was meant to be either. Not as good as the original? absolutely, but BAD? heck no.

sure, it could've done things a bit differently, but im happy it exists. imagine a world where it was "Ghostbusters 2" we've waiting for all this time...now that's scary.

for its 30th..i'd like to have a few more Deleted Scenes and a commentary track on a new bluray, which i'm sure might be coming to coincide with the 35th.
NGLetho liked this
I was only 3 years old when the first film was released, so I never saw it in the cinemas, but I remember when I was a little older it premiered on TV here in the UK Christmas time in 1987. I remember seeing the Stay Puft Marshmallow man for the first time and being fascinated by what I was looking at. From there I got into the Cartoon and wanted the toys.

As a surprise my parents took me to see GB2 when it was released (which was a big deal for me, as we almost never went to the cinema lol). I remember enjoying it just as much as the first and I spent the next year or so desperately waiting for GB2 to come out on VHS.

I never grew out of liking Ghostbusters. When everyone I knew moved onto stuff like TMNT, Batman or Power Rangers, I was still watching The Real Ghostbusters when it was on TV or re-watching the two films on VHS, reading the comic's or playing with the toys etc.
deadderek liked this
This year is also the 10th anniversary of The Video Game. :)

My first experience was either watching RGB "The Copycat" on TV or being taken to GB2 in theaters. I was a little child back then so I'm not sure which came first because my mom taped episodes for me, so I could have been watching VHS tapes over and over but I still have a vivid memory of going to the movies and seeing that opening shot of the mood slime coming out of the crack in the sidewalk.
Sav C liked this
Egon1982 wrote: March 17th, 2019, 9:13 am How long has everyone been a fan? i've been a fan since i saw this movie 34 years ago in theaters when i was 3 being one of the first movies i saw in theaters with Black Cauldron and Goonies and loved it since then.

I mean i had it taped off HBO when i was 4 and i watched/taped the cartoon every afternoon as a kid on syndicated TV and i had t-shirt and toys and ate the cereal, i also saw GB 2 on opening day on my 7th birthday as i recall having a GB birthday cake and all that, i'll never forget it.
It's hard to believe my favorite movie series is that old. Then again, I am turning 33 in less than a month.
I have been a fan since the mid 1980's. I saw The Real Ghostbusters first and then my dad showed me the movie which he taped off of a tv screening on the ABC network. I was hooked from then on. I rarely missed an episode of The Real Ghostbusters during its run, had a majority of the Kenner toy line(much of which I still own to this day.) saw Ghostbusters II twice in theatres during the summer of 1989(which was the first time I had gone to watch a movie twice during its original run) and continued my fandom in various ways up to the present. Getting to see the original movie on the big screen twice in 2014 was a real treat, it took me right back to my childhood in the 1980's. I am looking forward to the new Blu Ray releases of both Ghostbusters movies, especially since we are finally getting to see deleted scenes from the first movie that have not been seen before. Also it nice to see Ghostbusters II finally get some more special features too, as nice as the 2014 Blu Ray was I still wanted more features.

PS: I cannot wait to play Ghostbusters: The Video Game again, it really is a great game that brings die hard fans like us in on the action while adding onto the world established by the movies.
I was six in 1984 and heard Ray Parker Jr.’s song on the radio and it really caught my attention. Then there was a clip of Venkman being slimed on Mark Curry’s Screen Test that was super exciting. Then the Britannia book club at school had the Anne Digby novelisation which I begged for and got and by the time it made it to Midlands cinemas I was already in love!

Click the link below for a genuine reaction the Monday after I saw it, as written in my childhood school book!

https://ibb.co/NsQXcwz
Life-long fan here (my mother can attest). Born in '83, just the ripe age for the worldwide craze. Now that I'm pushing 36 I have my very own life-size Ecto (well, soon to be, it's still in hearse-mode) and my own Ghost Corps registered franchise. :crunch:
Davideverona liked this

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]