Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By timeware
deadderek wrote: April 11th, 2019, 8:30 pm We could just be jumping the gun...keep in mind it's not even a teaser poster...just to get licensing/merchandise excitement/interest going.

I'm cool if that ends up being the actual tag line though.
It's still a bad ass poster. Please tell me A.J.'s stocking some in the shop. Now I need to buy a GBII poster go next to my framed original GBI poster.
By Alphagaia
It's 2020. Could I also email them?

Venkmanburninhell1984@hotmail.com
Subject: Ghost!

Dear sir/madame,

I'm writing to inform you of a ghost that is currently destroying everything on the premise... Nehh that's to formal..

*pushes delete button vigorously

Dear sir/madame,

GHOST! GHOST! HELP ME!
123, Barnyardroad

Looking forward to hearing from you,

All the best,

Totally not Egon's grandson

(https://youtu.be/EzRFoO8wSVA)

I really hope it means both: the GB are still in business, and the OG are heads of the corporation.
Sav C, SpaceBallz liked this
By timeware
I really hope it means both: the GB are still in business, and the OG are heads of the corporation.
If that's the case Bill's part will be a quick cameo of him in a lawn chair sipping a drink with an umbrella. He'll take a call from the new crew, fake an accent so he doesn't have to come out of retirement. The camera zooms out to show him using a proton rifle as a golf club.
deadderek, Sav C, Alphagaia and 1 others liked this
By Kingpin
Slimered wrote: April 11th, 2019, 4:23 pmBut it was misleading. The trailers clearly suggested Jeff Goldblum had a major role
Trailers are there to give a flavour of the final film, and build up hype. Because they're assembled with what footage works well to sell the idea, rather than with what'll end up in the final cut, it's often frequent to see scenes or dialogue that later end up on the cutting room floor.

Plus, Goldblum's appearance (and suggested importance) is no different from John Hammond's in the trailer for The Lost World, he's there to bookend the story, not play a major character.
Slimered wrote: April 11th, 2019, 4:26 pm Stealthy confirmation that Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson are in the film!
It isn't. While a few sites have reporting it as something that's being used for marketing purposes, I haven't yet seen a cited website the "poster came from". It strikes me as rather simple, and more like a fan's poor effort at a film poster.
I must admit that I actually don't believe it's a genuine "marketing poster" at this current time.
timeware wrote: April 11th, 2019, 9:22 pm We could just be jumping the gun...keep in mind it's not even a teaser poster...just to get licensing/merchandise excitement/interest going.

It's still a bad ass poster. Please tell me A.J.'s stocking some in the shop. Now I need to buy a GBII poster go next to my framed original GBI poster.
If it's just for internal promo purposes, then I din't think there'll be any way for AJ to stock it for sale in the store.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
By Doctor Venkman
Slimered wrote: April 11th, 2019, 4:23 pm
Kingpin wrote: April 11th, 2019, 1:20 am

The ASA is there to report adverts that are actually misleading (promoting effects from a product that it can't actually do) or inappropriate, the amount of Jeff Goldblum material suggested by a trailer is not a legitimate reason to report it to the ASA.
But it was misleading. The trailers clearly suggested Jeff Goldblum had a major role, whereas the actual film was completely different. If I hadn't enjoyed the film as a customer I would have felt conned and betrayed.
Again, no it didn't. It showed him in one scene, with one piece of dialogue. It never showed him anywhere else nor implied he had a huge role. Clickbait movie sites and fan conjecture are 100% to blame. The trailers and marketing didn't mislead anyone. People misled themselves.
Kingpin liked this
By Doctor Venkman
Coover5 wrote: April 11th, 2019, 7:06 pm I think it's in reference to the business. I don't think it's any coincidence that as fans became very vocal about their fear that Ghostbusters 3 will be all Ghosts and no Busters that Jason shared the Ecto photo then followed it up with a bit more clear "You know who to call" teaser poster.
Jason didn't share it. It is from a marketing expo, and only has to do with licensing. Ghost Corps confirmed to Proton Charging that it is not the official tagline for the movie.
By SpaceBallz
Davideverona wrote: April 12th, 2019, 2:53 am Collider snatched it, it is a poster for the licensing expo

http://collider.com/ghostbusters-2020-promo-poster/
Why is collider doing an article on it? They did a 5 minute video panel of the gb3 announcement where they cleaely didn't give two shits for (and being vocal about their disdain) and they took turns bashing Dan Aykroyd in another video.
By Coover5
I would like that but he only posted the Ecto photo a week ago so I'd be surprised if we got another announcement or tease that soon.

I am glad I'm not in control of the unwrapping of this movie and I'm glad I'm not in Jason's shoes. if I was in charge I would have spilled my guts by now. I guess those movie makers really know how to keep secrets.
RichRyan1507, Sav C liked this
By Alphagaia
I know it's impossible to be surprised nowadays, but I don't mind if they keep the story as vague as possible in the trailers. Yeah, they should show the OGB, and the setup, but I hope the entire story and dirty laundry keeps hidden this time.

*knocks on wood.
By Davideverona
Doctor Venkman wrote: April 12th, 2019, 2:20 pm
Davideverona wrote: April 12th, 2019, 1:33 pm Who's betting on a Jason announcement tomorrow? (Saturday, in Italy. Still Friday in USA).
Any specific reason for tomorrow? It's not an anniversary or anything...
Just because he seems to spill the beans on Fridays. I think last week he was quiet because there was the Steelbook announcement and he didn't want to steal the wind from those sails.

The week before he tweeted Meet the family.
By Slimered
Kingpin wrote: April 12th, 2019, 1:34 am
Slimered wrote: April 11th, 2019, 4:23 pmBut it was misleading. The trailers clearly suggested Jeff Goldblum had a major role
Trailers are there to give a flavour of the final film, and build up hype. Because they're assembled with what footage works well to sell the idea, rather than with what'll end up in the final cut, it's often frequent to see scenes or dialogue that later end up on the cutting room floor.

Plus, Goldblum's appearance (and suggested importance) is no different from John Hammond's in the trailer for The Lost World, he's there to bookend the story, not play a major character.
It hardly gives an accurate flavour of the film when Jeff Goldblum barely featured, and yet the trailers all suggested he was a major character. I'm pretty sure 90% of the audience would have been expecting him to cross paths with Owen Grady at some point.

It isn't. While a few sites have reporting it as something that's being used for marketing purposes, I haven't yet seen a cited website the "poster came from". It strikes me as rather simple, and more like a fan's poor effort at a film poster.
I must admit that I actually don't believe it's a genuine "marketing poster" at this current time.
It is. 'You Know Who To Call' - Ray, Peter and Winston are who we know who to call.
By timeware
Alphagaia wrote: April 12th, 2019, 2:26 pm I know it's impossible to be surprised nowadays, but I don't mind if they keep the story as vague as possible in the trailers. Yeah, they should show the OGB, and the setup, but I hope the entire story and dirty laundry keeps hidden this time.

*knocks on wood.
I'm not opposed to slow leaks of information to keep people interested. What I don't want is for them not to advertise after the second trailer is released. They can't count on just us alone spreading the word. I'm sure whatever remaining cast will be revealed at fan fest however I would like to see the next trailers reveal an OG one at a time, and if Rick Moranis is involved reveal that a couple of weeks before the final trailer gets pushed out. If he's reprised his acting career just for this movie there's going to be a huge surge in ticket sales right as that bit of news is dropped.
By Michael Scott
I don’t think Rick Moranis’ involvement, or lack thereof, would move the needle either way on excitement or ticket sales. We would be excited, but the common movie goer probably wouldn’t care that much.
robbritton liked this
By Kingpin
Slimered wrote: April 12th, 2019, 4:22 pmIt hardly gives an accurate flavour of the film when Jeff Goldblum barely featured, and yet the trailers all suggested he was a major character.
I might agree with you if we saw footage of him on Isla Nubar, running about, or interacting with the other characters from the Jurassic World films... But we didn't. We saw him sat in a congressional committee room - That doesn't suggest he's going to be a major character.

Cameo roles are by their very definition brief appearances by a character or actor.
Slimered wrote: April 12th, 2019, 4:22 pm 'You Know Who To Call' - Ray, Peter and Winston are who we know who to call.
"You know who to call" - Ghostbusters, Sony. As it stands, Ghost Corps has reportedly confirmed that the "You know who to call" tagline is not going to be the tagline for the movie, only for the investor event, so that "confirmation" has been pretty solidly blown out of the water.
Sav C, Doctor Venkman liked this
By back
We want the ORIGINAL Cast, We want Cameos (again), We want, We want... We want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqMl5CRoFdk
I just think that in spite of what the fans crave, the mass amount of audiences are probably Not on this message board. :roland: So for those other potential million people that May overlook past Crash & Burn franchise reboots from the past; It Needs to appeal to them. Sadly, its always about profit. :sigh:
Im unsure on How this is supposed to be a 3rd movie without any of the past cast, it just seems more & more unlikely as a sequel but a Lateral move from the 2nd movie. It Could be a good thing, but then again it all depends if its a good story. I dont want to attend another franchise film and walk out of it with regret (again).
Im still leaning towards the Video Game as a cannon for this one, its what makes More sense. And Id rather see a movie with a plot I love with a story that scares & amuses me. I know were going into this blind, but optimism isnt in the cards this time, unfortunately.
My grandest fear is that its a lead stemming from ATC & GB2 combined, aimed at kids - for kids, with a G rating.
Objective as I shall TRY to remain, Potentially without our former heroes, we can still hope for a good sequel even if it is 30 odd years later. :whatever:
Dr.D, One time liked this
By Slimered
Coover5 wrote: April 12th, 2019, 8:02 pm His tiny cameo on The Goldbergs got a lot of attention so I think it would do the same for Busters.
Nobody really associates Rick Moranis with Ghostbusters though. He's better known for the Honey I Shrunk The Kids franchise.
By Davideverona
Slimered wrote: April 13th, 2019, 4:21 pm
Coover5 wrote: April 12th, 2019, 8:02 pm His tiny cameo on The Goldbergs got a lot of attention so I think it would do the same for Busters.
Nobody really associates Rick Moranis with Ghostbusters though. He's better known for the Honey I Shrunk The Kids franchise.
Or Little Shop of Horrors
Slimered liked this
By back
Sav C wrote: April 13th, 2019, 5:40 pm Was there a lattice in Honey I Shrunk the Kids? Because I feel like '80s movies were wall-to-wall lattices.
Nope, no Lattices - I think were safe LOL
Sav C liked this
By Coover5
Be honest, had you all given up hope for a live action Ghostbusters 3? I never stopped wanting it but it just got to a point where I couldn't see it happening. I could see a book, a comic, an animated film, a spin-off show or other ways we'd get a follow up but not a live action film.
Sav C liked this
Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]