Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By timeware
back wrote: April 14th, 2019, 12:23 pm
Sav C wrote: April 13th, 2019, 5:40 pm Was there a lattice in Honey I Shrunk the Kids? Because I feel like '80s movies were wall-to-wall lattices.
Nope, no Lattices - I think were safe LOL
Wait, I think there was some lettuce on the buffet table that was missed!
back liked this
By back
RichRyan1507 wrote: April 14th, 2019, 2:36 pm Oh yeah. I definitely gave up hope after ATC.
I sadly agree with you, after that franchise Fault, I thought "it'll never happen now"... And Im still fearful that they may pull the plug on it yet Or (as I previously stated) it (yet again) wont be what many people want to see.
Even my wife wanted to get her money back after we saw a crappy franchise film (once), and shes not usually one to not at least see it through. BUT, that was 3 years ago.
But then the 2020 teaser appeared and I logged back on here after a few years off. Lets hope they get it right, this time. :whatever:
RichRyan1507, deadderek liked this
By philmorgan81
Coover5 wrote: April 14th, 2019, 2:33 pm Be honest, had you all given up hope for a live action Ghostbusters 3? I never stopped wanting it but it just got to a point where I couldn't see it happening. I could see a book, a comic, an animated film, a spin-off show or other ways we'd get a follow up but not a live action film.

Oh yeah after ATC was already in production I figured that was the end of us seeing that world in a live action film. I was really used to after a property got remade they either stuck with the world of the remake if it was successful enough I.E. The Mission Impossible films or they are completely dropped and /or forgotten. Then lately there has been this amazing movement happening with properties that I just love. It seems that even if a property gets remade or reimagined filmmakers have decided if the remakes don't work it is perfectly okay to pick up where the established films have left off. The big examples that have been brought up here a lot by myself are: Evil Dead Got remade, yet Bruce Campbell returned for Ash Vs Evil Dead. Karate Kid got remade now we have The Kobra Kai Series. Even movies that got bombarded with lackluster sequels and remakes seem to be making a comeback. Like the most recent Halloween movie that ignores all the sequels and the remakes and just picks up after the original. Terminator is getting a film that ignores T3 and up and just picks up where T2 left off. It has been amazing to see filmmakers do this and make it feel like a true return to form. I really love how these decisions have hit it out of the park with satisfying fans and critics. When all these things started happening my hope for another Ghostbusters film was reignited and well look where we are now. New movie announced complete with teaser trailer and new cast attached and being filmed as much under the vale as it can in today's world. I am very optimistic that this movie can keep up with the streak that has been started with the properties that I have already mentioned. :):):)

LOL! There I go again getting long winded. Sorry just wanted to answer your question and be as clear as possible. Great Question Coover5. :):):)
Last edited by philmorgan81 on April 14th, 2019, 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
back, RichRyan1507, deadderek and 1 others liked this
By Slimered
This content received too many dislikes. Click SHOW to view
Coover5 wrote: April 14th, 2019, 2:33 pm Be honest, had you all given up hope for a live action Ghostbusters 3? I never stopped wanting it but it just got to a point where I couldn't see it happening. I could see a book, a comic, an animated film, a spin-off show or other ways we'd get a follow up but not a live action film.
Yep - and I was fine with that, because Ghostbusters: Answer The Call was the perfect compromise.
By back
Slimered wrote: April 14th, 2019, 4:32 pm
Yep - and I was fine with that, because Ghostbusters: Answer The Call was the perfect compromise.
No, it wasnt.
RichRyan1507, deadderek liked this
By Slimered
Dr.D wrote: April 14th, 2019, 3:20 pm Um...a LOT of people associate Rick Moranis with Ghostbusters.
Not really. Ask a random person on the street who they associate with Ghostbusters and they'll say Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramos, Sigourney Weaver...but they won't say Rick Moranis.
By Slimered
back wrote: April 14th, 2019, 4:33 pm
Slimered wrote: April 14th, 2019, 4:32 pm
No, it wasnt.
It was in my opinion. Answer The Call was hilarious.
By deadderek
Like most, once ATC was announced I gave up hope on getting a proper follow up.

Once ATC bombed, it made me even more depressed to think we'd never get a chance to see a continuation or passing of the torch.

Then January happened and here we are with every indication we're in for a real treat by someone who knows what they're doing.

Exciting times y'all!
By timeware
Slimered wrote:
Dr.D wrote: April 14th, 2019, 3:20 pm Um...a LOT of people associate Rick Moranis with Ghostbusters.
Not really. Ask a random person on the street who they associate with Ghostbusters and they'll say Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramos, Sigourney Weaver...but they won't say Rick Moranis.
They'll say Louis if they don't know who Rick is, or the coffee guy. He was an important character in both films who I would like to see have more screen time in GB2020. Like I said before I would be perfectly content if the family isn't related to the Spengler's and are instead related to Louis. It would be a nice nod to Spengler whatever Jason decides to write in. But to flat out say people don't associate Rick with Ghostbusters is just a bit wrong.
deadderek, back liked this
By mrmichaelt
Call me crazy, but I always thought Ghostbusters: The Video Game was the perfect compromise that checked a lot of boxes - most of the original cast albeit in voices and CG design, moving the canon forward and tying things together at the same time, appealing to our nostalgia of the movies. ATC was more to me about forging new territory for a new generation of fans, and if some of the existing fans were onboard all the better.

But to answer Coover's query. I never did. The IDW comics came along, too, to keep the torch burning. And we knew enough about the CG movie in development that the IP was still going and eventually there would be another crack at the premise started by Hellbent and the various Ghostbusters III drafts, more so in the wake of Ghost Corps' formation.
deadderek, philmorgan81, Sav C and 6 others liked this
By Sav C
I never quite gave up hope (I think Aykroyd had mentioned something about it still being on the back burner during the production of ATC), however I was starting to suspect that we would see an animated film if we saw anything (kind of like the new Batman and Robin cartoon).
Slimered wrote:
I mean fair enough, but I wouldn't really consider ATC a compromise. A compromise, in my mind, would've been a soft reboot (taking place in the world of the originals).
By Davideverona
I given up hope with the announcement of ATC, 95% of me did.
The other 5% kept hoping that, if the remake bombed, it would change Sony ideas and go back to the original world. After seeing GB 101 by IDW that 5% became 10%....

Then Dan said (I'm quoting) : "let's get this one made and that will reignite the franchise, then we'll can go back and make a true sequel as planned" and my hope came back.

Ivan speaking at the Con in 2017 made me sure they were plotting something interesting. Dan interview in November made me sure a sequel was in the card again.

I surely wasn't expecting something so soon. After years of "we're writing it" I was expecting a new round of "Sony commissioned a new GB3 script". Jason's secrecy positively blew my mind.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
By back
Sav C wrote: April 14th, 2019, 11:10 pm
Slimered wrote: Yep - and I was fine with that, because Ghostbusters: Answer The Call was the perfect compromise.
I mean fair enough, but I wouldn't really consider ATC a compromise. A compromise, in my mind, would've been a soft reboot (taking place in the world of the originals).
Wait now, I actually agreed with Slimered (for a change)... it was a compromise.
Say person 'X' loved eating completely unrecognizable rotten maggot infested moldy food... And person 'Y' Loved eating freshly prepared tasty grilled to perfection steaks.
The compromise?
Person 'X' & 'Y' both eat reasonably/recognizable moldy food together. Weather its enjoyable for them or not. :roland:
(I like my food FRESH, personally. Not sure about you guys ;-) )
But was it a perfect compromise? No way in hell... Unfortunately. :sigh:
It did have the logo in it, so it had that going for it. :whatever:
But this is no longer about a past franchise suicide attempt, this is about 2020! Now, I have no clue what to expect but if this franchise was/is truly Dan's Legacy, I dont think it'll be screwed with, again! :)
(There ya go boys & girls, youve heard my optimism for once! LOL)
RichRyan1507, BatDan liked this
By Alphagaia
Back, your dislike for ATC and especially it's fans is just as annoying as Slimered was trying to connect it to GB20. Stop being a jerk by saying we have bad taste.

Is it really that hard to stop bringing it up again and again?

On a more related note topic-wise. For me ATC was a nice sidetrack that explored some new ideas. I never saw it as eclipsing the two other movies, and while I do believe the old crew is to old, stubborn or sadly, deceased to be the main attraction in a new GBmovie, there are plenty of ways to continue that storyline.

I always assumed they would continue both universes. So far they did in comicform, in the leaks they were already talking about connecting the universes, which they did a great job in the comics, and as of right now the original movies get a sequel and we have a mysterious cgimovie in the works.
Last edited by Alphagaia on April 15th, 2019, 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
timeware, Sav C, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
By Slimered
timeware wrote: April 14th, 2019, 8:01 pm
Slimered wrote: Not really. Ask a random person on the street who they associate with Ghostbusters and they'll say Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramos, Sigourney Weaver...but they won't say Rick Moranis.
They'll say Louis if they don't know who Rick is, or the coffee guy. He was an important character in both films who I would like to see have more screen time in GB2020. Like I said before I would be perfectly content if the family isn't related to the Spengler's and are instead related to Louis. It would be a nice nod to Spengler whatever Jason decides to write in. But to flat out say people don't associate Rick with Ghostbusters is just a bit wrong.
I feel like his importance is over-exaggerated somewhat. To an everyday audience member, they're not going to remember Louis Tully. They'll recall Peter Venkman, Ray Stantz and Egon Spengler, and they'll recall Sigourney Weaver being in the film (but not necessarily remember the name of the character she played), but Louis/Rick Moranis is more like that one who when you rewatch a film you're like 'Oh yeah, I didn't remember him being in it'.

He's more of a side character in my eyes.
Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]