back wrote: April 7th, 2019, 7:56 amId still rather the packaging look a little more FAMILIAR to us all though ;-)
Heck yeah, dude. I get so insanely nostalgic when I see that box art. This new artwork is dreadful, especially for such killer content. I hope it's just a prototype.
Coover5 wrote: April 7th, 2019, 7:57 pm
mrmichaelt wrote: April 7th, 2019, 7:43 pm If beggars could be choosers, I'd go for a hologram type of deal. The cover shifts between the No Ghost logo and the GB2 logo.
I've never been a fan of lenticular covers but that would be pretty cool especially as a slip cover over the steelbook.
Agreed. Neither have I, but given there's two logos to feature, it seems like the best compromise rather than an amalgamation of artwork.
Sav C liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: April 7th, 2019, 8:00 pmNeither have I, but given there's two logos to feature, it seems like the best compromise rather than an amalgamation of artwork.
Except it's just such an awful amalgamation. Personal preference, they should've just done a slightly revised version of this bit of nostalgia:

Or, a new piece of artwork that featured Spook Central, the Firehouse, and Van Horne station.
Dr.D, back liked this
While it might just be a mock-up, it really does seem like a wasted opportunity. That awful middle school photoshop logo is just so lame. At least when they released the steelbook versions at Best Buy they had the good sense to use new artwork. Something like the poster Mondo just released would've been killer.
Kingpin liked this
What I've always wanted: a GB2 commentary and the EPK! I know there isn't much new to be said in the wake of the Cinefex magazine and Ultimate Visual History, but I want to hear what they have to say anyway!

However I'm not a Blu-ray person. I don't care about metal cases and a plethora of releases. I just want one copy with all the trimmings and that's it. My entire DVD collection, which started in 2004, is huge and not going to be converted. I prefer the 1999 releases of both films for the reasons shown in this link: https://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral ... ompare.htm
JA Slow wrote: April 10th, 2019, 3:44 pm What I've always wanted: a GB2 commentary and the EPK! I know there isn't much new to be said in the wake of the Cinefex magazine and Ultimate Visual History, but I want to hear what they have to say anyway!

However I'm not a Blu-ray person. I don't care about metal cases and a plethora of releases. I just want one copy with all the trimmings and that's it. My entire DVD collection, which started in 2004, is huge and not going to be converted. I prefer the 1999 releases of both films for the reasons shown in this link: https://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral ... ompare.htm
Enjoy standard definition then.
Unfortunately film companies are leaning more and more towards Blu-ray, their not-so-subtle and not-100%-successful attempt to ween consumers off of DVDs onto the more expensive Blu-Rays.
Kingpin wrote: April 10th, 2019, 4:16 pm Unfortunately film companies are leaning more and more towards Blu-ray, their not-so-subtle and not-100%-successful attempt to ween consumers off of DVDs onto the more expensive Blu-Rays.
That's odd because around here Blu-rays can be had relatively cheaply, and in fact are often the same prices brand new DVDs were.

Often you can get the Blu-ray WITH DVD copy for $20 or less brand new.

I literally just paid $1 to get Robocop on Blu-ray. I feel bad for those who can't get them at decent prices.
Sav C, Coover5 liked this
No way around it, higher capacity disk is going to be better. You can't fit most movies on a DVD without compressing it. Some Uhd 4k movies are pushing 100 gb . That being said I also just got a remastered Blu-ray RoboCop. I was 2 feet away , with 65" 4k HDR tv. It was meh... A 30 year old movie is a 30 year old movie. Definitely not with upgrading your whole collection. There's just a handful off movies I'm willing to re-buy and want the best quality.
deadderek wrote: April 10th, 2019, 4:40 pm
Kingpin wrote: April 10th, 2019, 4:16 pm Unfortunately film companies are leaning more and more towards Blu-ray, their not-so-subtle and not-100%-successful attempt to ween consumers off of DVDs onto the more expensive Blu-Rays.
That's odd because around here Blu-rays can be had relatively cheaply, and in fact are often the same prices brand new DVDs were.

I literally just paid $1 to get Robocop on Blu-ray. I feel bad for those who can't get them at decent prices.
I was just going to mention Robocop selling for $1. There are a lot of movies on Blu Ray you can get for $1 and it's not just stuff you never heard of or old stock that never sold. You can go to Wal-Mart and find some so-so DVD 10 packs for $3.50 often times or even 50 movie packs for $7.50-$10 and those will have a lot of filler but also some great movies you'd pay $10 just to get. It amazes me how cheap movies are now.
deadderek liked this
Coover5 wrote: April 10th, 2019, 9:52 pm
deadderek wrote: April 10th, 2019, 4:40 pm

I was just going to mention Robocop selling for $1. There are a lot of movies on Blu Ray you can get for $1 and it's not just stuff you never heard of or old stock that never sold. You can go to Wal-Mart and find some so-so DVD 10 packs for $3.50 often times or even 50 movie packs for $7.50-$10 and those will have a lot of filler but also some great movies you'd pay $10 just to get. It amazes me how cheap movies are now.
That's a great deal (especially when streaming a movie on demand can be $5 to rent and $10 to buy)!
Coover5 wrote: April 10th, 2019, 11:31 pm I've never understood those streaming prices. I guess it's about convenience but they always seemed like a bad deal to me.
Yeah I always thought movie streaming prices were a bit outrageous.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

According to Blu-Ray.com and Amazon this set is apparently retailing for $65.99.

I'm very interested in seeing / owning the new content, but I don't know if I'm "70-bucks-after-tax interested" when I already own these movies in several formats, including 4k Blu Ray, already.
deadderek liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

SCFoximus wrote: April 18th, 2019, 4:12 am According to Blu-Ray.com and Amazon this set is apparently retailing for $65.99.

I'm very interested in seeing / owning the new content, but I don't know if I'm "70-bucks-after-tax interested" when I already own these movies in several formats, including 4k Blu Ray, already.

Pre-Order Now Available on Amazon.com

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]